NEON SRT-4

Turbobrick

Neutral Newbie

Yeah, ex-colleagues in US who track their conti and muscle cars, say, dun turn up your noses at the neons, you might just get dusted :-P

(over there, the neons have the same image as the corolla, more family than performance, true for the mainstream ones)

Not available here yet?

WRX bruiser [;)]

Key features:

0-60 in under 6 seconds

Top speed of 148 mph

60-0 stopping in 120 feet

Priced at $20,000

Looks remarkably like a Subaru WRX

http://www.allpar.com/neon/neon-srt-4.html

I believe Chrysler tried to market the Neon 2.0 here some years ago (when they had a Viper on display!). But 2.0 for a corolla sized car cannot make it here honestly.

I'm toying with an idea to get a NEON R/T 2.0 DOHC 150bhp if I land in the US for my further studies and turbocharging it with NOS!!! [sly]

Turbokits are widely available for Neons and other Rice Cars like Civics, Eclipse and Silvias.

[;)]

Neutral Newbie

"But 2.0 for a corolla sized car cannot make it here honestly." As a mainstream, I agree, but as a niche, well, the WRX and 156 are the first that come to mind.

Ah studies. Oh to be young, single and unencumbered (loan etc) again :-)

I believe Chrysler tried to market the Neon 2.0 here some years ago (when they had a Viper on display!). But 2.0 for a corolla sized car cannot make it here honestly.

I'm toying with an idea to get a NEON R/T 2.0 DOHC 150bhp if I land in the US for my further studies and turbocharging it with NOS!!! [sly]

Turbokits are widely available for Neons and other Rice Cars like Civics, Eclipse and Silvias.

[;)]

Maybe the SRT-4 has a chance to tackle the niche market, but the 2.0 NA is definitely out of the leagues for Rexes and 156s or IS200 for that matter.

Ah studies......not that young, married and wife going with me! [crazy]

Neutral Newbie

But the 156 or is200 are both NA......

Price wise, Regent gave me an indicative pricing of $105-110K for the 2.0 NA Focus (special indent). How much is the 156 or IS200? If much above, then maybe, just maybe the Focus would have a fighting chance. But given local preference for the "badge" (eg Lexus over Toyota even, like rebadging a harrier as a RX300), it would be a hard fight.

For studies, at least no kids :-) Company sponsoring?

Maybe the SRT-4 has a chance to tackle the niche market, but the 2.0 NA is definitely out of the leagues for Rexes and 156s or IS200 for that matter.

Ah studies......not that young, married and wife going with me! [crazy]

The 156 is 115k, not sure about the IS200. The Neon 2.0NA still got no chance lah, but a Focus 2.0 has potential, issit the ST170?

No kids yet, whew [:p] Parent's R' Us sponsoring [;)]

Neutral Newbie

an update.

05-1414_3035.jpg

four numbers are important when contemplating the significance of the Caliber SRT-4: 85, 125, 300 and 260. Eighty-five represents how much more horsepower the Caliber SRT-4 has than the Neon SRT-4 it replaces, which means it produces 125 hp per liter of displacement with a total output of 300 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque