Surround sound system

Beachboyz27

Recently very in2 surround sound system but the thing is tat i know nuts abt the whole thing.Am interested in installing 4 ceiling mounted speakers(w/o brackets) onto my living rm..Pls help me in finding the places where they sell cheap n good speakers

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

becareful of the conster though, always out to whack us......if want cheap cheap.....5.1 sound + DVD....go for Shinco.....unless going for component sets than look for it at SLS

Hi BeachBoyz27,

Welcome to MCF ! Do enjoy your stay here and come along for our weekly meetups ! More info in our MEETUPS folder. nod.gif

I would suggest that you check out some of the audio magazines to get a general feel about the audio products in the market now and also to improve your knowledge. Magazines such as WHAT HI-FI and HI-FI CHOICE are a good place to start. nod.gif

What systems you get depends on a number of factors:

- what do you need the system for ? to listen to music [if so, what type], or to watch movies as these 2 needs are served by quite different systems.

- what is your budget ? this will help you narrow down to which particular brands/models that you are looking for, some audio mags do recommend products based on budget.

- what is the size of the room that you intend to put the system ? no point putting in the best system around when its only a small room, thus you may not get the full benefits of the system.

There are a lot more factors to consider, but like I said, take a look at some of the audio mags to get a better idea. Our fellow audiophile members will give you their opinions too. nod.gif

Just my 2 cents...

Cheers tongue.gif