Sunroof Security

Kelpie

Hi there,

1. I'm contemplating to install an aftermarket sunroof to my ES5 after weighting the pros and cons.

2. One current concern I've is what if someone smashed the sunroof? Can current alarm system be reconfigured to detect intrusion or I've to use a seperate alarm system to detect the intrusion?

Please advise me. Thank you.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

Is it feasible to install an aftermarket sunroof? The final decision is yours but have you thought about water leaks and such.

Furthermore, is a sunroof really an essential item in our car?

Is it feasible to install an aftermarket sunroof? The final decision is yours but have you thought about water leaks and such.

1. It is more comestic than practicality, which I must admit. When I sat in my friend's car with sunroof and moonroof, the feeling is not bad when travelling on the highways.

2. Like what they always said in Honda forum, if worried, don't mod. I can always change the rubber seal every year.

3. I'm keeping this car for good so will mod to my satisfaction [hur].

Regards,

If your alarm can't detect the sunroof breaking, then it can't detect the side windows breaking

Pardon me, I don't quite get it here?

Regards,

there are only 2 ways of a car alarm detecting breaking glass. a shock sensor (vibration) or a glass break sensor (sound frequency). if these 2 cant detect the glass breaking for your sunroof, then they cant detect the glass breaking for your normal windows.

If you're using microwave sensors, then it shouldnt make a difference whether you have a sunroof as it will still detect any intrusion into the cabin.

Btw don't worry too much abt leaks. silicone sealant is your friend

(if it leaks between the seal and frame [laugh] or rubber and glue (or if you're good, a nice layer of silicone sealant does the trick) is your friend (if it leaks between the glass and rubber seal [thumbsup]

Edited by Elfenstar

there are only 2 ways of a car alarm detecting breaking glass. a shock sensor (vibration) or a glass break sensor (sound frequency). if these 2 cant detect the glass breaking for your sunroof, then they cant detect the glass breaking for your normal windows.

If you're using microwave sensors, then it shouldnt make a difference whether you have a sunroof as it will still detect any intrusion into the cabin.

Btw don't worry too much abt leaks. silicone sealant is your friend

(if it leaks between the seal and frame or rubber and glue (or if you're good, a nice layer of silicone sealant does the trick) is your friend (if it leaks between the glass and rubber seal

I see. [laugh], I don't even know what kind of alarm system I've in the 1st place. I will have to study the owner manual again. Thanks for the pointer.

Regards,

don't worry too much the shock sensor and glassbreak sensor can be adjusted for sensitivity . If you want a sunroof go for it. i would, but then i drive with the windows down most of the time anyway.

Hi there,

1. I'm contemplating to install an aftermarket sunroof to my ES5 after weighting the pros and cons.

2. One current concern I've is what if someone smashed the sunroof? Can current alarm system be reconfigured to detect intrusion or I've to use a seperate alarm system to detect the intrusion?

Please advise me. Thank you.

Regards,

Only a nut would smash your sunroof instead of your side windows to get in.

1. It is more comestic than practicality, which I must admit. When I sat in my friend's car with sunroof and moonroof, the feeling is not bad when travelling on the highways.

2. Like what they always said in Honda forum, if worried, don't mod. I can always change the rubber seal every year.

Regards,

ya bro agree... my car got sunroof... is really look cool with it... if like it jut go ahead... care about wat...live only one...as long happy can le...haha

Regards,

I had a contin car with sun roof in 1992. Back then, it was really cool having one and I use it most of the time except on sunny days. Nice sitting in the car in a park with your GF and the rain beating your sunroof.

↡ Advertisement