Spray painting rims

Hyun

Midnight Customs (at Northpoint Bizhub) is the worst car spray/wrapping workshop to go to and here is why.

To note: Scope of work included spray painting of tyre rims and the chrome segment at the back of the car, and wrapping of car handles.

On 7th Oct 2017, they promised to have the car ready by 7pm and we ended up waiting till 11.30pm.

Upon reviewing the work done, Husband saw that the wrapping job done on the car handles was terrible. They offered a touch-up on a separate occasion and my husband agreed to that but shared that he will only pay for the tyres and back of car paint job. They said they will have to then remove the wrapper and my husband agreed to that as well. Who would want to retain such poor work?

Tom (name given by me for one of the staff) proceeded to remove the wrapper and by then it was already way past 12 midnight.

Husband went to check on his handles only to find one of them really loose and he told the staff.

Tom tried to fix the handle but to no avail. Thereafter staff no. 2 (whom i will now refer to as Dick) claimed it was originally already loose. How convenient is that?

Dick then said the indemnity form my husband signed at the start absolves Midnight Customs from all responsibility should there be any damages to the car. We asked to read the form again and nope, no such luck Lying Dick: the form only has a term that absolves Midnight Customs from loss of belongings.

Lying Dick knew he had no way out of this and declared that there was nothing he can do except glue the handle back. Ridiculous.

Anyway, we knew they had no intention to take responsibility for anything at all and since our saturday night was already ruined as it is, we didn’t want to drag it out any further.

We paid $200 and left.

Moral of the story: Midnight Customs might make you wait for 3 hours past the promised time of delivery, do a bad job, spoil a part of your car in the process but god forbid it’s their fault.

And just this morning, upon inspecting the back of the car in daylight, we saw that there were specks of dried paint all over. Husband brought the car down to another workshop for verification and they confirmed it is paint which we cannot remove ourselves. Now we’ll have to send the car for polishing. This is really atrocious service and end result.

Husband texted the boss of Midnight Customs to relay this new finding and he did not receive any response until he shared that he will be proceeding to Small Claims Tribunal. The boss then quickly called him to offer a full refund, but not without adding that the attempt to file our claim with Small Courts is pointless. If that’s the case then why not let us proceed? The boss also said we had to reach before 2pm to receive the refund. It was already 1.15pm.

We immediately set off to meet this ridiculous timeline only to receive a call from the boss mid-way that he will not be proceeding with the refund after all. It doesn’t end here. When we reiterated that we’ll be proceeding with our small claims submission, he again offered to refund us $100 instead and we finally managed to collect this refund from Tom. The boss never turned up. In all honesty, his words and actions so far truly speak volumes of his values and integrity as a business owner.

Use this workshop at your own risk.

↡ Advertisement

Wow, DIY? What type of spray paint is recommended though?

yup diy. but you have to find time to do. rush job end with no good results. for paint i get those quick dry ones. not too sure about using high temp type as i think rims part doesnt generate heat. so far so good.

yup diy. but you have to find time to do. rush job end with no good results. for paint i get those quick dry ones. not too sure about using high temp type as i think rims part doesnt generate heat. so far so good.

I see. I went to one freelance guy who did rim spray, he was using high temperature type of spray can and indeed, the rim will become hot especially the front wheel when travelling for long hours.

I see. I went to one freelance guy who did rim spray, he was using high temperature type of spray can and indeed, the rim will become hot especially the front wheel when travelling for long hours.

so far for me no issues. been 8 months and carrying on. paint still nice except for some little small stone chips.

so far for me no issues. been 8 months and carrying on. paint still nice except for some little small stone chips.

I see, I have some paint chip off on the rear wheel too.

2K paint (now available in spray can) should be adequate for rims.

For painting 90% is prep works so need time and patience to do a good job.

↡ Advertisement