Purple Glaze

Zeefauna

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Did this to my sis-in-law car over the weekend. The whole process ended quite late, so I have to take the after shots the following day. No before shots though, and pardon me for some blurish pictures; my hand was still shaking after all that work.

Washed and clayed the car

↡ Advertisement

From the looks of your claybar can imagine the condition of your sis's ride before your hard work [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop] Nice shine & could see that you are a Meguiar fan [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Thanks! Yup, i'm a Meg's fan. You are right too; the car is almost 2 years old, but only washed in JB once a month! [crazy] Once a month is already bad, and in JB somemore! I was at the side all the time when they washed the car, and i'm sure you'd agree with me how bad that wash would be for the paint... [:)]

Neutral Newbie

Great work there! #21 [thumbsup][thumbsup]

Hey i saw the Meguair's clay kit at Carrefour few weeks back... inside the kit got 2 clay bars, 4oz cleaner wax, 1bot of clay lube and the yellow MF towel you have in the pic... all for $35. you bought your clay bar there???

Neutral Newbie

Thanks! [:)]

Nope. I bought mine a while back when I ordered some other stuff online. When i was claying my sis car, i used up the whole bottle of quik detailer (lube). Now, i've got to make a trip down to stamford and get some more...

Neutral Newbie

I'm a hobbyist bro. But i did a Merc recently for some pocket money though...

I must say, this is the most expensive hobby I have ever had. I don't think i've spent so much on my girlfriend (now my wife) before. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

48 bucks?! that's a killer. If you are thinking of buying other stuff, try look online and use vPost. If you do the maths, it sure will be cheaper. Trust me, I've used it many times...

Neutral Newbie

Who won't complain? I hog 3/4 of our bookshelf to put all my stuff. And the pic is taken in front of the bookshelf. Don't mind the wheels of my daughter's kiddy ride... [:)]

Saw in ur pic the handhell buffing tool.... where did u buy it? I have been searching for it in car shops and DIY stores, but couldn't find.... issit connect to the charger in the car or battery operated? Thnks.. =)

Neutral Newbie

That's a Meguiar's G100. Manufactured by Porter Cable (PC) for them. It needs a 110V power supply. You'll need a power inverter if you want to use with the car's battery. Or a step down transformer to use on our 240V sockets.

I got it online too... from the States.

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro... care to pm me the website where you get the G100???? me thinking of getting one too... i am another [hur] guy who loves a shiny car... [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Anyone knows of any place that sells the Mueguiars Mitten? I searching high and low for it. but all no stock.

Neutral Newbie

You can try a few places like Amazon, Meguiar's online store, eBay etc. I got mine from Meg's directly, but i think eBay or Amazon might have it cheaper. I'm not sure about the price now, but you can look into these other places.

Neutral Newbie

kies... thanks... i'll look...

me now weighing the pros and cons for DIY or getting professional polisher or tuffcoat...

though DIY siong.. but i guess most of the DIYers agree that it is satisfying to see the car gleaming at the end of the day....

↡ Advertisement