Eq settings for Pioneer head-unit

Bluesbro

Neutral Newbie

Hi there ...

any1 know whether there are EQ settings set by ICE gurus for use in the later Pioneer HUs i.e. 6850 and upwardz. These can be the recmd or ideal EQ settings for say jazz, heavy metal music, rock, vocals etc. which we can use and save as "custom" EQ settings ... thanks in adv..[scholar]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi Bro,

Pioneer DEH-P6850MP has 7-band digital graphic EQ is it?

Mine is a P80 and have 16-band EQ and I'm still a newbie.. not ice guru.

I did have some ICE gurus at Nasi Padang meetup that helped me to tune my EQ and TA. Mine is tuned for audiophile vocals and instruments.

Click here for my updated tuning setup for my P80.

Edited by Bobcatsysop

Hi bro, I'm an ICE idiot and I saw your EQ settings, and noticed the fader is pushed to the rear, is it because your rear is powered by HU only, without the amp?

Also, what does the X-over Hz affect? isn't it better to have all the frequencies than to restrict to above 125 for the rear and 63 for the fronts?

Also, the slp decibels, are there any reasons you set it to 12? Cuz I was thinking pass is better isn't it?

Thanks for reading :)

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bro,

Mine is a passive setup using xovers provided by Focal. FYI, I am still a newbie in ICE..

<>

I think you may have misread it. I had moved 64% to the front leaving behind 36% for the rear not the other way round. Yes.. my rear is powered by HU only without the amp.

<>

I am still fidling around with these gain settings. So far, this settings appear to be OK to me but not to others. Normally, when I am driving alone, I will fade 100% fully to the front for better effect that I liked most. It's personal preference.

<>

Tune by ear, listening. 12% for both front and rear appears fine while the SW 18%.

Again, what I said here may not make sense to a lot of ICE gurus coz I am still learning.

Thanks bro. I'm also trying to figure out what the settings do.. I'm using a 9650, too many parameters to adjust that i'm quite lost in the adjustment :(

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bro,

Yours have a Digital 13-band graphic equalizer and a Motorized dual motion flap face. Mine is a little different from yours.

2 months ago when I got my P80, I was in a total loss. It was the Wed ICE meetup Kakis at Nasi Padang stall that helped me out.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi Bro,

Nice meeting you tonight.

You came together with gdspd08-Philip.. You know gdspd08 from Lancer Club right?

Sorry I had to rush off just now. Here is the current revised setting

See you in the next ICE meetup.

Edited by Bobcatsysop

Neutral Newbie

Hi .. thanks for the info ..

saw that you shifted the sound F/R: 25 .. meaning the rear speakers got no sound ?

Just wanna check what type of music are your current eq settings meant for ... [scholar]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi Bro,

Yesterday afternoon, I tried it out for one day to fade it 100% to the front to see the full effect of the changes done.

Today, I had moved the TA for my soundstage a little (seemed better than yesterday) and moved back to fade only 64% to the front leaving behind 34% for the rear. That 34% rear provides my car cabin the most ideal surround sound ambience. Oh.. my EQ was set for vocals (like Cai Qin) audiophile CDs also instrumental.

I had just updated my tuning setting

Edited by Bobcatsysop