Meguire's Wax

Scrambyjess

Neutral Newbie

Juz browsed thru meguire's website. Saw there's a number of different kinda wax they have. But which one is the best?

They have

- Deep Crystal System Carnauba Wax

- ColorX

- NXT Generation Tech Wax

- Gold Class Liquid Wax

If i follow the Deep Crystal System, does that means i can only use the DC carnauba wax after DC Paint cleaner and polish?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

You can use any of the Meguiar wax after using the paint cleaner, out of the list you mentioned, I suggest you get the NXT paste wax(not the liquid one hor).

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro,

One question, last Sunday, after washing my car, I apply AIO, follow by Gold Class Liquid Wax & finally OCW... [sweatdrop]

Having gone through the above, the fine line scratch mark on my boot & bonnet is still visible leh... [:|] Any way to minimise this fine line scratches? BTW, this scratches was causes by C&C workshop when I sent in for servicing...Sigh, told them not to wash my car after servicing, they still proceeded... [furious]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

autoglym ultra deep shine should be able to remove fine scratches..

ultradeepshine_medium.JPG

Edited by Pet88

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro, I suggest you get something that will help to hide fine scratches. Products like 3M swirl removal, Turtle Wax Swirl removal (liquid), Meguiar Swirl Removal or #5 New Car Glaze can help to minimise the problem. However if the damage is quite bad than the products mentioned will not help much too, you will need a machine and proper products to remove them.

Neutral Newbie
Juz browsed thru meguire's website. Saw there's a number of different kinda wax they have. But which one is the best?

They have

- Deep Crystal System Carnauba Wax

- ColorX

- NXT Generation Tech Wax

- Gold Class Liquid Wax

If i follow the Deep Crystal System, does that means i can only use the DC carnauba wax after DC Paint cleaner and polish?

I have the NXT Tech Wax Liquid to give away at $30. It's retailing for $40 at Home-Fix...

Neutral Newbie
You can use any of the Meguiar wax after using the paint cleaner, out of the list you mentioned, I suggest you get the NXT paste wax(not the liquid one hor).

Hi Gen2 and everyone,

I have the followings; a) cleaner wax; (b) #20 and ©#5 (d)paste wax (plan to buy item © and (d))

What is your recommended process? Here is my plan,

After washing and claying, -->(a) -->(b) -->© -->(d)

I'm still looking for Meguiars' hand polish and swirl removal. Anyone can help?

Thanks.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Civicmind,

I would suggest you pick up the Meguiar DC Step 1 Paint Cleaner and Step 2 Polish (instead of #5). A cleaner wax is normally used as a 1 step product where you clean and lay a protection onto the paint surface.

So the process will look something like,

After wash and clay, --> DC Step 1 Paint Cleaner --> DC Step 2 Polish --> #20 sealant

You can put additional layer of #20 24 hours apart to enhance the look and protection.

I think you can find some Meguiar's product at Stamford outlets and I also happened to see some Meguiar's products selling at the DIY shop at Ikea.

Neutral Newbie

hi bros,

Just OT a bit sorry. Im looking for meguiar's #80 speed glaze and NXT tech Wax. It seems looking high and low. I managed to find the dealers at Loyang. But they only sell #80 in Big (1 gallon) pack. is too big for me. sigh.* beside there....do u think Ikea, DIY shop got sell the 30ml pack of #80 speed glaze? or any other place i can get?

PLS help....cos need to diy this long weekend liao..heeee...Thnx

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro, I don think you can find small packing of #80 for sale especially only 30ml [shakehead] .

Neutral Newbie

alamak...err....u want to share? half with me? we get 1 gallon.

u can take the bottle. as long as i can find a container.

wat u think?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Does Autoglym ultra deep shine work for removing fine scratches? Or can use Super Resin Polish? If yes, I'll go NUTC & get 1 today. Got 20% discount till tomorrow.

Want to try Autoglym because it's easily available. I'm using 3M shampoo & liquid wax, Meguair's NXT glass cleaner.

Edited by Snowyii

Neutral Newbie

Personally i find Ultra Deep Shine not much better than Super Resin Polish. Only thing is that is smells better [lipsrsealed]

Buffing it off can be very very hard (muz onli be applied and buffed 1 section at a time, not whole car).. I tried it and now its in the shelf whereas im finishing up my 2nd bottle of Super Resin Polish. [thumbsup]

Regarding fine scratches, both doesnt really work as they claimed. Juz my personnal thoughts.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for your info!

Super Resin Polish is cheaper than Ultra Deep Shine right? Shall get a bottle of it since there's still a 20% off at NTUCs. Already bought the Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner. Heard good thing about Meguair's but Autoglym is easily available. Am giving up 3M shampoos because it's not widely available though I like 3M stuffs in general...

Neutral Newbie

Yup its definitely cheaper. If your aim is really wanna remove fine scratches you may wanna try Autoglym Paint Renovator. Tried it myself and it did remove some scratches which i already gave up on. Trouble is tat it takes alot of rubbing and you need to reapply a few layers of resin polish after tat in order to 'heal' the area which was subjected to abrasion. [wave]

↡ Advertisement