Stiff hand brake

Mikee

Neutral Newbie

Hi, my ride was serviced yesterday, hand brake adjusted as it was part of the full servicing. After that, I find that it is very stiff (can only pull to 1st click with strength).

Last time before servicing, I can pull it to 5th click with ease.

Is this normal after adjustment?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I'm not so sure about it. What car u driving btw ?

When the handbrake cable is tight.....it does not allow for clearance when the car hits a bump( and Singapore got a lot of bumps). So the car bounce upz and the rear brake siezes and your tyres will wear out very quickly in patches of baldiness.

if you can remove the rubber cover over your handbrake, theres a screw with an 6/8mm bolt on it. some cars come with a hole in the cover for you to access it. This hole is only accessible when the handbrake is all the way up, and it faces the center console of the car.

Neutral Newbie

Oh..my ride is an 01 Sunny..'cos its 2nd hand..so I didn't really know how the hand brake feels when its new. That's why I'm confused when it felt so tight after adjustment.

I asked my friend about it, he told me its normal for new car and newly adjusted car. As long as on a gentle slope (in Netural), the car rolls without any brake engage, its ok.

Maybe I'm not used to the tight feeling yet..

Neutral Newbie
Hi, my ride was serviced yesterday, hand brake adjusted as it was part of the full servicing. After that, I find that it is very stiff (can only pull to 1st click with strength).

Last time before servicing, I can pull it to 5th click with ease.

Is this normal after adjustment?

May I know where do you send for service how much. I have this problem that hand brake need to pull very hard before it stop. [shakehead]

Neutral Newbie

I serviced my car at CAS..not bad the servicing..but quite ex I find..

Neutral Newbie
it is self adjusting will be back to normal after 3 days

ya..after more than a week..I'm getting used to it already..hee...