Car audio cables ad wires

Muths66

Neutral Newbie

Anyone can renconmend me good speaker brand wire,rca cables or all that needed for car audio.

thanks

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

To add to the starting tread...besides brands, what are the specs what would that would make a cable stand out of the rest? Example, 99.99% pure copper? what does that all mean? Also about the shielding? Any idea?And most imptly, what is the differnce btwn a 20dollar cable vs 200 dollar cable? Lastly, speaker cable and RCA cable....besides the connector, any diff?

Neutral Newbie

basically i dont believe the cable can affect the sound quality to a level that we are able to tell the difference.

There is a marked difference from a trained ear point of view. The difference could be on the extension of the higher frequency, the clarity and tonality right down to the tightness of the bass. Do enough research and listen attentively. wink.gif

Neutral Newbie

How abt I/C Klotz GY102 and speaker cable Belden 8461? Like the ones used in home audio.

They r cheap.In ice do these cables need shielding?

Neutral Newbie

hi guys, am thinking of getting decent (no longer cheapo lossy) speaker cables from sim lim afterwards. but i confused over belden catalogue. too big!

i see shielded is important.

i'm looking for between $1.50/metre to $10/metre region. hope to find shielded and donno what other good stuff to look out for. any advice on model number?

thanks!

Neutral Newbie

hyun,

refer to forum below... do a search on belden, canare and klotz... there's a shop directly opp LHS that sells Stinger Expert 10ga spkr cables where i bargained til $5/m... worth it imo. but length may be limited :p

Hi Hyun,

My cable consist of I/C 2m set of Klotz GY102 with canare RCA @38.00 and Belden 8641 or sumthing at $1.00 per meter. Both working fine with my Alpine HU and Amp. No aeroplane effect. So far so good, same with my home hifi set up.Got them from LHS.

Black

Neutral Newbie

some say shielded good for car, some say not. i blur liao. hope that webpage got info .. hehe.

↡ Advertisement