Which is the Best Microfibre Towel you used?

Nerdie

Neutral Newbie

Pak Shak MF towels are brand under Micropak.

i've tried a few brands... here's my $0.02

Turtlewax - feels plush but its not soft feels hard compared to others i've tried. Turtlewax one has a very hard label tag by one corner so please be careful! if any bro want to buy it please take out the label! the label end is sharp so dun risk scratching your car! dun really last. after a few wash... [shakehead] The one i got was from a pack of 3. Not expensive though.

Tried 3M ones... feel like kanna con! [thumbsdown] dun remember how much i paid for it, but its not cheap. and the quality [thumbsdown].

Mr Clean - Cheap. towel is rather thin (not plush) but after a few wash, feels like any other normal cloth! like lost its MF capabilities. look closely, the MF strand are not closely knitted. i think that's why it don't really have the "static" feel after a few wash.

Pak Shak Micropak MF towels - The Ultra Plush is the plushest towel i've tried. plush and soft. It has silk edging, reducing possible marring while using. something other brands dun have.

The WW is good for drying. it doesn't really cause water streak. all the MF towels (including Ultra Plush) i tried can't dry the car as good as WW towel. normally MF towels will need more passes compared to WW towels to get the job done.

Have not tried the Ultra Smooth though

There's some other brands i never try b4. eg Meguiars got a few MF towels around the same price as micropak.

But I'm sticking to Ultra Plush and its WW. still the best i've tried.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all ... actually trying to reply to all but cannot find the fuction hee hee...

aniway what is diff from those MF cloth for car and those good quality towels that feel very soft and absorbant???

Seems like towels are way cheaper than decent MF lei... in fact i tot of using a towel during my next wash. Any advise?

Thanks [nod]

Neutral Newbie
aniway what is diff from those MF cloth for car and those good quality towels that feel very soft and absorbant???

Seems like towels are way cheaper than decent MF lei... in fact i tot of using a towel during my next wash. Any advise?

Well I suppose the difference is that a good MF cloth can reduce the possibility of introducing swirls to your car. A good quality towel may do the job too but you would use a bad scratcher to dig your nose or a tongue scapper to scratch your back right - even though you can. See my pt??

Its your car. Its your call. [scholar]

Neutral Newbie

its all about reducing the chances of scatching your car. micro fibre traps dirt in its strands. so there's less chances of the dirt causing marring. The better the quality of MF the lesser the chance of marring. normally, the plusher the MF the better. softness of the cloth also plays a part.

normal cloth even though soft and absorbent, doesn't traps dirt. but really depends lah. if the quality of the MF is not good. maybe its no better off than soft absorbent cloth.

Towels ah.... towels seems a bit rough to me. be careful abt the edges of the towel. might be too hard, may cause scratches.

Neutral Newbie

okie point noted... thanks...

for now i am still using a sponge to wash the car and a synthetic chamois??? (those huge yellow car cloths) to dry the car. Have 1 small 3M detailer MF but frankly think that it is quite lousy lol (maybe its me)

So the MF is used to dry the car right? Or do u also use it to wash the car?

Neutral Newbie

icic thanks...ya of course not those rough towels la. What i meant is those thick and soft ones [sly]

Guess i have yet to buy a proper MF...those that i have bought so far seem worse then my good towels [lipsrsealed][laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Agree with you on the 3M MF... [shakehead]

There's a few types of MF (Different type of weaving... etc)

A good quality MF Towel can be used to wash your car... not a prob

There's also MF sponge... i've not use it myself, remember there's a thread on it before... some bros here use it for washing...

not ex. can get it at places like Carrefour.[thumbsup]

Waffle weave MF towel is very good for drying.

↡ Advertisement