Is this considered as a sidewall puncture?

Garlic

3rd puncture in 2 weeks, happened while driving on Airport Rd. The road condition there is horrible due to construction of KPE.

Mud and crap everwhere .... [furious][shakehead][shakehead]

Is this considered as a sidewall puncture? Have retired this tyre to the spare compartment, the other 2 tyres which I'm currently using were punctured on the thread.

Did interal patching for all 3 tyres.

dscf00184td.jpg

Edited by Garlic
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

ouch dude, i think you should change that tyre..wouldn't want to run around even though the tyre has been patched

Neutral Newbie

I think that is consider a sidewall puncture. I don't recommend to patch it. It's has nothing to do with whether it's a nail or screw, it's the position of the puncture. AS there's no radial reinforement on the inside of the sidewall, the puncture will continue to tear after patch.

Hi bro, what is the spec of your tyre? Good low profile tyres usually have strong side-wall. If the metal ring is not bent or spolit, should be able to patched. Watch out for sign of "big stomach".

Regards,

When you say internal patching, just to confirm, did the tyre shop dismount the tyre and applied the patch from inside out?

3rd puncture in 2 weeks, happened while driving on Airport Rd. The road condition there is horrible due to construction of KPE.

Mud and crap everwhere .... [furious][shakehead][shakehead]

Is this considered as a sidewall puncture? Have retired this tyre to the spare compartment, the other 2 tyres which I'm currently using were punctured on the thread.

Did interal patching for all 3 tyres.

This area is not consider the side wall. Nail or pin hole of this size is not a problem and can be repaired using cement and push/pull plug.Nothing to worry about unless you are doing street racing and subjecting the tyres to speed above the permissible rating

Agree maybe can patch. I had my wheel patched with no problem, same place. Now already 2 months no problem. [thumbsup]

Some of the shops with discourage and ask you to buy new tyres though. Of course to earn $$.

But bear in mind it is actually marginal. After patching, you need to monitor though. If you notice the side starts to "swell", it means it is outside of the wire mesh, then no choice have to change tyre.

Edited by Fourth
↡ Advertisement