Shock absorbers - Tokico vs KYB

Plakatboy

If yours is a jap car, for cheap and good shocks, get the thai made oems.

Long lasting and cheap.

Feel the quality of kybs and tokicos drop alot. Ensure continuity of parts supply?

Neutral Newbie

Shock-absorbers "Ro-Var": Comfort extreme drive

All the car shock absorber manufacturers offer the products which deliver high riding comfort with poor road control or high road control with poor riding comfort.

The attempts to deal with the problem:

- auxiliary pistons;

- valve design modifications;

- adjustable cross section cylinders etc.

they don't bring the desired effect.

The exception is the active suspension systems with electronically controlled detectors and valves. However, these systems haven't been widely used due to high price and poor robustness.

We managed to solve this problem!

Our shock absorber is a twin-tube providing the top riding comfort and filled with "smart" compressible fluid.

The characteristic improvement shows up when:

- driving into the curve;

- driving over an obstacle;

and other extreme situations.

The shock absorber is fully filled with the fluid so the boil is impossible.

As a basic construction the products of well-known and approved manufacturers are used. This gives us the possibility to avoid OEM component manufacturing. And this automatically guarantees their high quality performance.

http://ro-var.com/eng/eindex.htm

Anyone can advise whats the labour charges to change absorbers now? and is there any ws to recommend???

Auto-save Toh Guan quoted $ 40/pc.....last year

Hi all, I'm driving a 2006 Altis. My shock absorbers are going to spoil soon. Heard LYB absorber is good. Can anyone intro me a reliable shop that carry KYB shock absorber. Important, price must be reasonable.

Thanks in advance

Hi all, I'm driving a 2006 Altis. My shock absorbers are going to spoil soon. Heard LYB absorber is good. Can anyone intro me a reliable shop that carry KYB shock absorber. Important, price must be reasonable.

Thanks in advance

Just checked out with an online KYB supplier, see http://www.jscarforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=134#p228, KYB Shocks' price has went up quite a bit by as much as $40++ for my Stream :(

For KYB you can try Yuen Thong & Co in 32 Veerasamy Road. They are the KYB Sole Wholesaler in Singapore and their KYB are from japan.

Just to check, for the abosorber mounting, stopper etc. need to get from stockist or can I just get from Chin hon or Yuen Thong? Thanks!

Being interest in writing, no where I have noticed such big difference. Starting price of Shockers of KYB is $26.00 and that of Tokico is $46. Mechanic might have added some other auto part to be fixed there. Confirm clearly.

↡ Advertisement