An afternoon with Meguair's Gold Class Liquid Wax

Imuya

Hi Brock

Any comments on the waxes you used b4?

3M waxes good or bad? I have the impression that 3M car care products are wierd man

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
tomorrow planning to do 2nd coat of GC

You might wan to consider investing in a bottle of Meguiar's #5 New Car Glaze. Wash you car, apply #5 and than follow by GC wax. Try it out and let us know if there is any different.

Neutral Newbie

You should be able to get it at Autobacs or Stamford outlets. #5 is not similar to the Glide on Glaze, it is a pure polish.

I've only tried the 3M Liquid Wax. The smell is alright. Application and buffing is alright. The shine is there plus the smooth oily feeling too, which is the only plus points. Problem is that it doesn't last very long. My experience is that it'll probably last around 3 weeks max, if it doesn't rain. 2 if it does. I wouldn't advice paying for just an average shine.

For easy maintainance, you can use the booster wax between washes and it will not have any problem applying over GC.

Bro Gen2,

Ask a (stupid) question to the expert (best in SG, and JB, and some say Batam too - laugh.gif): what is the purpose of booster wax?

• I mean, why need it at all? Isn't the base + sealant enuf to last 2-3 mths (I nvr believe in them lasting anything more than that in SG)
  • Will the booster wax not "seal" up the contaminants as well, esp. if yr weekly wash isn't kut lat sweatdrop.gif (P.S. for some reason, I always find my washing not up to scratch unsure.gif - always find a bit of tree sap here, watermark there, rough spots in and around.....hiaz -> any gd process?).

For info, my bro's prev. car had a number ofwatermarks and spots that he "sealed" with Armorall's QD.
dead.gifbigcry.gif
- Can't blame him cos' no guidance frm pple...and some pple anyhow give wrong guidance too....wax car to clean bird bombs and watermark
whip.giffurious.gif

• Will it not strip away existing sealant? I am currently on AG twins. sweatdrop.gif
  • What might u recommend as a booster wax for me on AG twins, if at all necessary? They don't have any booster wax to start wif.... dizzy.gif

Southpark

The Dude

i can safely say i'm the silly-esy person in my MSCP today.

Washed and waxed liao........then rained. [dead][furious][knife]

Murphy's Law at work.

Hi Southpark2000,

Think i'll leave it to Gen2 to answer your queries.

I jus washed and waxed using the NXT booster wax.

Results:

The shine and gloss seems to be even better with the GC as the base. I say this cos it was raining outside [furious] but the shine seems more obvious than the sunny day when i applied GC.

I cannot stress how easy the application is. I'm using the Meguair's Even Coat Applicator.

The booster wax dries nearly clear and buffing off is easy too [thumbsup]

Anyway for your bro's car, should be use QD to remove bird sxxt.

On a side note, NXT QD is [thumbsup]. Smells not bad too.

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro Southpark,

I will try to answer you questions but if no good don angry hor [:p] ,

I mean, why need it at all? Isn't the base + sealant enuf to last 2-3 mths (I nvr believe in them lasting anything more than that in SG)

Presently you are using AG twins and with proper surface prep, this combo should last you a good 2 months. But the 'problem' with some people is, they don't feel comfortable not waxing the car for 2 months but also don wan to go through the hassle to apply the usual wax which you have to wait for it to dry, cure and buffing off. Most of the time spray wax like NXT booster wax are pretty easy to use like wat bro Imuya has mentioned and with one simple application, it gives your car a just waxed look and the slick feel on the car.

Will the booster wax not "seal" up the contaminants as well

Booster wax does provide some form of protection for the paint but it does not hold up as good as the usual wax or sealant. As for contaminants, you can actually spot treat those area with a clay bar (unless your whole car got contaminants [sweatdrop] ) with the booster wax as the lub, when you wipe dry, the car is already protected with the booster wax liao [thumbsup] .

Will it not strip away existing sealant? I am currently on AG twins

For NXT booster wax, there is no cleaner in it so it should not strip away the existing sealant and in fact it should add onto the protection.

What might u recommend as a booster wax for me on AG twins, if at all necessary?

If you apply wax or sealant to your car every week, than I don think you will need to invest in a booster wax, rather a QD will be a better option. If you do it every months than you might wan to consider doing a quick wax job with the booster wax every week. NXT booster wax should work well with AG twins, because NXT does not contain any natural wax, it is totally synthetic.

These are my views and if there is any mistakes, anybody pls feel free to correct me [:p] .

Edited by Gen2