An afternoon with Meguair's Gold Class Liquid Wax

Imuya

After seeing Gen2's posts and reading Meguiar's site, felt very inspired to do some waxing.

Contrary to what Soya's previous post about the GC wax being very hard to remove, i had the opposite experience. The application was harder than the removal. Maybe cos after reading the site i applied a thinner coat.

The Meguiar's Even Coat Applicator (the white furry type) was a breeze to use, recommended! [thumbsup]

Anyway, the GC wax bottle says "polymer protection", so it is more of a sealant than wax?

And Gen2, you're right, there are shinier ways to detail the car, but this is damn tiring compared to wiping with HG88! [sweatdrop]

And on to the pics!!!

post-14-1129023215_thumb.jpg

post-14-1129023216_thumb.jpg

post-14-1129023217_thumb.jpg

post-14-1129023218_thumb.jpg

post-14-1129023219_thumb.jpg

post-14-1129023220_thumb.jpg

post-14-1129023221_thumb.jpg

post-14-1129023222_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

i tmr go sch of CS look for ur car to scratch liao.. hahahaa

nb.. ntu now crazy.. gotta find more secret places to park car liao.. i almost resorted to parkin in south spine to avoid payin damm $3.. hehe..

then heng.. found secret hidin place..

as in. now they really goin all out abt this parkin thing lor.. damm sian..

last time they warn u 3 times b4 clamp..

now new system. sians.. me in CEE.. only when desperate, then pay lor.. but still lookin out for secret hiding places in NTU.. heheh..

Neutral Newbie

Looks like quite a plastic-wet shine. Maybe it's your camera or maybe you need to polish it a bit more. Looks clean but GC's got more oomph than that.

Neutral Newbie

Hey bro, that's your baby xiao hong [sly]

Well done there [thumbsup] considering this is a hand job [lipsrsealed][laugh]

GC wax should not be difficult to use if you apply it thin just like wat you said [nod]

I think wat bro Lokturne is saying is if you were to prep the car with a paint cleaner and a polish first than the GC wax, the finishing should be a more wet and shining look. Correct me if I'm wrong, bro Lokturne [;)] .

handjob is [dead]

icic, yeah, i didn't really prep the surface [:p]

the previous times was a simple claying 2 weeks ago.

If i really do the 3step cleaner-polish-wax i dunno will take how long man. [dizzy]

I have the NXT Spray Booster wax, will i help if i apply over the GC?

Thanks!!

tmr go sch of CS look for ur car to scratch liao

liew... [smash][smash]

Where is your secret place!?!?!?! SHARE SHARE LEH!!!

Anyway i can understand you engine people's problem of no parking. Who ask your cohort so big?

Luckily CS got 2 carparks [:p]

Neutral Newbie

For easy maintainance, you can use the booster wax between washes and it will not have any problem applying over GC.

Neutral Newbie

Bro, wats the booster wax? hey, been wanting to call you but i got implementation this week so abit jia lat... Weekend u not free rite... [shakehead]

Neutral Newbie
I think wat bro Lokturne is saying is if you were to prep the car with a paint cleaner and a polish first than the GC wax, the finishing should be a more wet and shining look. Correct me if I'm wrong, bro Lokturne [;)] .

Yeah, that's pretty much what I mean.

If you see Gen2's work, you have to admit it's worth the extra mile to really prep the paint before you wax it. It's true your arms can only take so much, so maybe try an all-in-one product with a bit more cleaning/polishing power.

Applying a wax shouldn't take more than 30 minutes by hand. 10 to apply, take a break for 10 minutes (with that weather wax dries really quick) and 10 minutes to buff.

Polishing is harder but you don't have to do it as often.

Gen2,

What's your view on the NXT Spray Wax? I'm considering using it for in-between waxing. It's either that or the other option for me would be NXT Quick Detailing Spray.

BTW, I find quick detailing sprays pretty effective. The other time while my car was under a tree for 5 days, there was this dead leaf that caused a brown water stain that refused to disappear even after washing. I sprayed my old Armorall quick detailing spray and left it there for a minute or 2. The stain was easily removed after that.