Pirelli Dragon Gd ??

Lotus4712

I'm also interested the characteristic of P. Dragon......

Currently shortlisted Dragon and Preceda for my next set of tyres. wink.gif

Edited by Octopus

I've been checking out the prices for both Preceda and Dragon cos I plan to change tyre sometime end of the year. Both almost same pricing. Difficult to decide which one....dizzy.gif

Also called up Bridgestone Tyre office in Singapore and I understand that the lower profile (eg. 195/50 R15) GR 80 will be arriving end of the year, but no pricing info yet. More choices to consider.....unsure.gif

Myself over the years hv tried Michelin MXV3, MXV3A, Pirelli P4000, P6000, P6000Powergy, P6. Also Michelin XM1 but tis one dry still ok but wet perf [thumbsdown] .

Most happy with the P6. Dry Grip is excellent. Wet nt too bad. Good soft compound.

I believe P Dragon shld be up there. But need some users to feedback. Tks !

I really hope so.

The other Pirelli models i hv tried so far are made in Europe. Either Italy or Germany. Some how prefer continental made tires. But nt the case for Michelin. Theirs all over the world. Think cost is the driving factor for them.

If P Dragon made in Thailand. THen shld be cheaper yah?

Say compound developed to suit our climate. But to wat extent? A littel bit maybe. But quality leh? If given choice prefer made in Europe anytime.

I've shortlisted Dragon not for its performance category, but for its comfort and quietness. I saw from Highway magazine that its design for the Asian market and Asia countries prefer comfy and quiet tyre, compared to European countries who prefer more grip. That's why GR 80, Preceda and Dragon are in my list.smile.gif

Of course, I do not doubt Dragon's ability in the grip department, whether wet or dry. thumbsup.gif

Had tried the 195/50/15 for about a month (1200km) but traded them in for a new set of G3.

Being made in Spain, the compound of the Dragon are relatively much harder and slightly noisier as compared to G3. Surprising isn't it? The "wooing" sound, usually associated with worn rubbers, is quite obvious since day 1. Dry and Wet grip are good though, better than G3 anytime. But coudn't stand the noise, though G3 may eventually sounds louder after 10-15Kkm.

Just my humble opinions.

Neutral Newbie

I will be collecting my car soon, can anyone recommended a good tyre for 185/70/R14, that is quiet. how much do tyre co charge for trade in new tyre. can i change my tyre size to 195/65/R14....or is there such size... [bounce2]

Edited by Ahfat

If P6 is good, try P-ZERO ASIMMETRICO. Almost perfect dry grip and aquaplanning is almost non-existent even at 100km/h. But the wear rate is astonishing, 140... After the P-ZERO experience, I'm considering asymmetrical tyres only.

Did Justine said why he wouldn't recommend Dragon?confused.gif What price did he quote you? Can PM me?wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Recently I tried to call pxx xxxg to inquire the pricing for Preceda. Got their contact thru Michelin website as pxx xxxg is one of their authorised dealer. But a lady told me over the phone that they do not sell Michelin tyres.....dizzy.gif