Porsche Cayman@$303,888 (with COE)..better deal than 6 Series??

Ykh1

These cars are not in my league, so i do not know them well. I will say follow ur passion & heart, then do not regret after. It is the same for everything we buy like handbags, proprties, & different people place diff values to it. The x factor it brings directly to u is all it matters. So what if it comes with many gadgets but you still feel something missing everyday when u see ur new car? Of course u need to be able to afford in first place.

↡ Advertisement

Whatever it is... to each his own.

The Legacy GT at $114K offers the best overall package - family saloon with the power of a turbo when you need it.

Of course it is in a different league as the Cayman & 350Z

...Do you know that some private cab in UK is using M3 [shocked] . I have not even open my room door when my friend called and told me he's home already.
Really? Must be some really old M3. In my area, I only see Mondeo & Vectra [:(][:(]

Porsche Cayman - 3.4l @ 295 bhp = $303,888

0 - 100km/h = 5.4 seconds

Nissan 350Z - 3.5l @ 285 bhp = $142,500

0 - 100km/h = 6 seconds

Would you pay an extra S$161,388 just for an extra 10 bhp and 0.6 seconds off the 0 - 100km/h sprint?

And not forgeting the exhorbitant maintenance costs at Stuggart Auto (S$10,000 to replace 911 clutch).

For those with the spare cash to throw this S$161,388 down the drain, great. But I'd rather keep the extra cash and setle for the 350Z and compromise a little .

different point of interest, rich ppl cares more about 'face' and we care more about 'pocket', to each his own [sweatdrop]

think its not always abt face. for some, they are just passionate about certain cars,ferrari, porsche and thank goodness they can afford it

yea, a gree, i believe everyone has a their own passion about certain made [nod]

How about comparing cayman vs Boxster. Looks-wise they seem very similar. Is it worth to pay extra for the hardware to use on Sg roads??

i personally think that the boxster looks nicer [inlove]

Do you know that some private cab in UK is using M3 [shocked] . I have not even open my room door when my friend called and told me he's home already.

maybe i should resign and go there become taxi driver [nosebleed]

I think there is a fair distribution of aficionados and enthusiasts in the circle of F and P cars....

The owners are just humans like us.... so they also not immunised against mod virus.

Its not uncommon to see modded Ferraris and Porsches... like they do the same thing... mod intake, exhaust... brakes... just that sometimes cost easily 10-20 times more.

I guess its the same.... maybe its human instinct to mod.... [laugh]

Seems like no one is replying to ur post....

Well, I think the 6 series and the Cayman are honestly not the same category less the price? The 6 series is a majestic touring car that is definitely more comfort bias....

The Cayman would be a baby Porsche kinda thing... for those that cannot afford the real thing but want the badge and some decent performance...

Depends on what the buyer wants....

...Do you know that some private cab in UK is using M3 [shocked] . I have not even open my room door when my friend called and told me he's home already.
Really? Must be some really old M3. In my area, I only see Mondeo & Vectra [:(][:(]

Not too old, it's the previous generation M3 if my memory didn't fail me.

So which area are you in? still there?

Are you chinese? If yes, then open chinese take away or provision shop.

The son of the provision shop owner is driving a Lotus and the take away boss sometimes uses his porsche to send me my Mutton Curry when I order it for supper (think it's the last order and he's on the way home). I'm really touched by the speed the mutton was delivered [bigcry][laugh][laugh][laugh]

Neutral Newbie

actually i find the way cars are priced in SPR tend to skew our sense of perception as to the real value of things... often it tends to make our heads bigger than they should be, and it makes ppl who have no reason to be envious in the 1st place be...! [rolleyes][;)]

Neutral Newbie

the carpark photo of the Porsche boxster... [sweatdrop]

let me guess...Plaza Singapura?? [laugh]

anywys, wit Porsche for many years being a brand for "purists", i believe the Boxster is seen by Porky purists as a dilution of a true blue Porsche sports car.. no doubt the latest porsche boxster seems to be much better than its predecessor, its often seen more as a "show car" than a race bred performance car - a Porky that is bought by ppl who dun have money to own the REAL DEAL... If u gonna compare the Boxster to their 911s, they'd probably go into a murderous rage... [sweatdrop][laugh]

As to comparing the Boxster to the Caveman, well - from initial editorial reviews its really great, and im sure it will garner new buyers & enthusiasts into the Porky fold, but the purists will likely give it the snub & walk off in a huff! the brats!! [laugh]

imho, the Caveman will likely eat the boxster for breakfast on track; even the puny Renault Cliosport can have the Boxster for lunch on track, needless to say the Caveman.

jus my 2 cents!

Yep, you are right.

His and Hers matching Porches' seen on same day. Purist or not, I wouldn't mind either. Both look good regardless of price/spec.

post-3-1126352396_thumb.jpg

post-3-1126352397_thumb.jpg

post-3-1126352398_thumb.jpg

Boster Vs 911s ??? [shakehead]

How about 911 Carrera S vs WRX (mild mods)? My friend's 911 ate me for breakfast, lunch, teabreak, dinner and supper and he was still pulling like a f**king train while my speedo/rev remains stagnant. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

911 Pride. [angel]

Neutral Newbie

I had always been a porsche fan but I never liked the boxster....especially the back. The Cayman on the other hand brings back the old school porsche look which I find very appealling. Would be nicer if the back part is wider...

If I have $300 grand to spare...I will buy it... [;)]

↡ Advertisement