Can a flat maintenance free cattery be recharge and reuse ?

Tploh

My maintenance battery has flaten out the other day cos' I left my lights on for days.

Can I recharge thhe flaten battery and use it again ?

Thanks for your adivces.

↡ Advertisement

Yes, what the battery need is a slow charge not from your car alternator but from a battery charger. If you are charging at 2amp and if your battery is 65amphr, the charging time will be about 30 to 36 hours.

Neutral Newbie

ya..shld be able to la....the battery is use finish onli ma...not spoil, if its power is empty due to battery weak l iao, charge back power oso will discharge by itself. let ir charge back and use lo, wait till really spoil then change ba

Hi all,

need some of the experts' advice regarding batteries. I saw these (Efx edc680) batteries @ stamford tyres lok yang. They r ex but pretty light weight.

http://www.123av.com/DetailPage.asp?Brand=...uctID=SISEDC680

Firstly, have any1 came across such batteries? r they suitable to replace the typical car batteries? 'cause being looking around to replace my car batteries. If they r suitable, do u have them? thanks.

cheers......

It is a deep cycle battery - that mean is best to charge the battery at trickle mode (amperage of not more than 1.5amp)constatly. Your car alternator charging rate vary too much - the average amp going into the battery can be as high as 20 amp.

Such battery are widely used in stand-by equipment, transmission sets, etc

Edited by Yeobh

what i think is MF also can charge using alternator.

only thing that life is shorter mah.

that's why they say unless use until cannot recharge liao

Neutral Newbie

just haf to jump start ur engine, and ur alternaotr will charge it for u lo....

but if ur battery faulty, after charging, battery still drain out, then u hafta change to a new one lo