Y2k

Freshmaker

hi, does anyone know where y2k, the workshop that does bodykit, is located?

pls give me the address and their contact number.

also, issit open on sunday?

thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Exactly as "Relak" mentioned, but I have a bad experience with them, hope yours will be good.

17, Kim Chuan Terrace, S(537039)

Tel: 63480060, 62801928, 68583988

Imagine someone working on your bumper after taking out from your car. So he have to turn it around to work on the inside of it. That guy turn around, rest my bumper (painted front face down) on the ground, and start filing and sawing. So my paint work in front, scratch.

Second, after sawing out my air-inlet of my bumper to fit grill netting, he only use couse file to file the edges. So finishing is very lousy. And because sawing at certain parts leaves holes on the bumper, yet nothing was done. I have to use epoxy to fill up those holes.

In all, I have friends who paid much lower cost for much better workmansip across the causeway. I don't know if the guy is giving me sloppy job or cheap quotations because my rides is a cheap one. Goes there because I thought they are good at custom job, but [thumbsdown] !!!

Maybe you guys will have better experiences driving better cars. [sweatdrop]

quite strange to read abt all these lousy comments on Y2K. did my bodykit there abt 2 yrs back when they were still at telok kurau. i had a Jazz bodykit which had to be modified to fit my Getz. with all the modification, install + spraypaint, the price was still v reasonable (based on prices 2 yrs ago).

seriously, the installation was very done with all the cutting and puttying done up swee swee. spraypaint was only OK and a bit thin but that's wat happens when pp subcontract out... Y2K doesn't spraypaint the kits themselves

Neutral Newbie

IMHO, 2 years ago, they were good... That was when they were still in Telok Kurau and there was this named 'Ah Chye' or 'Ah Lye'.. Can't really recall... His workmanship is good!!! I had my car eyelid customised by him... A bit ex but a job well-done. I think the owner's name is Fong... Very good too but always rushed with his work... So, workmanship so-so...

Now, at Kim Chuan, they got another worker so, not too sure about the workmanship...

But, price wise, I would say they are on the high side...

Just my 2 cents.

Neutral Newbie

hi there, just went there this afternoon...saw them doing a red jazz...lots really chioh and the workmanship me think ok....can u pls share your bad experience? [:/]

Neutral Newbie

They are very expensive. Ah Yap skills are good but he is just the worker and Ah-Lee (the boss) makes the final decision on price. Anyone has other recommendations?

↡ Advertisement