Autoglym Super Resin on black car

Silver_blade

I recently read from another forum that autoglym super resin is a no-no on black car...cos it will create swirl-mark. Honestly, this is the 1st time I heard/read such thing. Am I alone?

I tot autoglym is used by the british royal famliy for donkey years and most of their official cars are/were black.

Please share.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Which forum did you read that from. I have used SRP before but have no problem with swirl marks. It depands a lot on the type of applicator and cloth you use to apply and remove the polish. SRP can be slightly more difficult to buff off as compare to some other sealant, so if not careful you might install swirl quite easily..

(edited)

From the Opel forum. I, too, have been using it for ages and I don't have this problem. [;)]

Reason why I asked is that, a few members in that forum think so too...so I tot I could have missed out some recent report/development.

Edited by Silver_blade

Neutral Newbie

If you are using all the right applicator and MF cloth, than one possible cause I can think of is the powdery residue when you start buffing off the SRP. Make sure you shake off the powdery stuff from your towel after you finish with one section of the car. Do not keep on using the towel until you finish the whole car without shaking off the dust. This way it should help to cut down the swirl problem.

Neutral Newbie

SRP does not cause swirls as it does not contain any abrasives. If you get swirls after using it, then it must be caused by grits that has settled on the paintwork while you wait for it to dry before removing it. Or it may be caused by the grits that have become lodged into the fibres of your polishing cloth/MF cloth.

Neutral Newbie

i use it to and drive a black car. Have not encountered any swirl marks. Are you sure the swirl marks don't happen when u are washing your car?

I wasn't the one saying that ASR will cause swirl marks, but that was what I read in another forum....so started a thread to see if anyone else has this 'problem'. Cos I, myself, have been using on my black for over a year and it's still ok.

The minor swirl marks I have on my cars are usually caused by the occassional petrol-kiosk snow wash...they use too much strength and uses 'rough' cloth to dry the car. but that can be easily removed with ASR.

[thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

I m New here,May I know the step to do detailing for my black ride using autoglym super rinse & follow by autoglym deep shine.Is it we need ro wait for an hour than we buff off the coat after appliy.

thks

AMAS,

U're right, u need to wait at least 1 hour b4 u buff off. This is the only

reason why I do not use it anymore. Too time consume. [thumbsdown]

But it's a good product.

MarcosTan

Neutral Newbie

izit...honestly first time I heard also, I use to use ASR on my black car too and nothing have happen [sweatdrop] the only time I encounter swirl mark was when I found out I didn't shake off the residue and turn the detailing cloths enough...it's a good product but only too powdery [;)]

Neutral Newbie

abt the ASR...i have almost a full bottle left but i do not know how to use it....can help?

wash car

use ASR

wait 1 hour

hand buff off the ASR

done

???

correct?

cause wat i did a few times was i did not wait for 1 hour just about 10 mins then buff off...not much difference.

BTW if using this ASR i need not apply any wax over it rite.

Thanks

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Need some expertise advice from u guys.I kena some stain mark on my bonnet after i clean away the bird sxxt.Then I use autoglym super resin to remove it but the stain still exist.Then I use autoglym paint renovator to remove it,the stain is remove but i can see a dot of paint pop-up on the surface.KNS kena this problem my whole heart drop for my 2 weeks ride.any guys can help.Furthermore hv u guys try b4 autoglym singapore Plt Ltd .How the workmanship N got any lobang on it.I m thinking sending my ride to them to do the polish initial N DIY myself later.I hear U guys recommended Gen2 to the polish.What the pricing.

THKS IN ADVANCE

Neutral Newbie

Hi

I apply the ASR N straight away buff it off.I read the instruction it never call us to wait for 1 hours.We need to do panel by panel.Can someone let me know the procedure to use the ASR N follow by Extra Gloss Protection

thks

(edited)

Bro AMAS,

Here's my few years' experience with Autoglym.

1. ASR apply in thin layer and let it set for at least 45 - 60 min before you buff off.

2. EGP apply in very thin layer and let it set for at least 1 - 1.5 hours. Actually the

longer you let it cure the better the result.

No need to do it panel by panel due u need to let it cure. If u do p by p then it's a

long long long hours to finish your whole ride [laugh]

Regarding your Paint Renovator, this is for experience detailer to use. I believed you

was over polish at the same area. Now, you can try to use ASR apply with a bit pressure

and try a few round and hope this can do something with your mistake. [:/]

MarcosTan

Edited by Marcostan

Neutral Newbie

Hi Mar,

Thks for yur advise,I thinking of sent my ride for zaino.I read from the forum that DIY zaino dun need to wait so long.cos I need something that fast & easy due the limited time I have.Intended to sent to pro to the zaino & DIY myseif later.Any advise or recommended pro to go to.

thks

Bro AMAS,

Zaino is good but too many step, why not try AJ, PM bro Gen2 ask him to give you ride

a good turn over and DIY with AJ. Fast & Easy, sure you love AJ stuff.

MarcosTan

↡ Advertisement