If you were undercharged, what would you do?

RadX

If you were undercharged for products, services...  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Do the RIGHT thing! Inform the seller and pay the right amount
    • Act blur! Pay what was charged and move on!
    • Ask to buy somemore

If the price tag is correct but the cashier charges you less than the stated price, better return for sure cos the cashier might end up forking out the difference as practiced by most companies. They don't earn much so benefiting out of another's expense is a no-go for sure.

However, if company prices a product cheaper than market, that one different story, I'll keep quiet [:p]

but I suppose got limit to this as well cos obvious wrong pricing may prick our conscience.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

In the past, I would just f**k it and take it since the big coys are all earning so much.

Then One incident made me realised that those b**tard big corporations will just deduct from the cashiers salary.

Then I make it a point to give back.

I rather I get shortchanged also don't want to let the poor cashier aunty get their salary deducted

Got once I pumped petrol in Toa Payoh. Then just drove off forgot to pay. Next day went back from Jurong just to pay. The cashier also blur. Had to ask the manager come check video to figure out how much I owe. Lol

the staff has SOP to do their job, if they make mistake they pay for it, if not many will start to abuse it. 

I tried setting a cap that they dun have to fork out but soon you will see the shortage is always just before the cap amount  <_<  <_<

the staff has SOP to do their job, if they make mistake they pay for it, if not many will start to abuse it. 

I tried setting a cap that they dun have to fork out but soon you will see the shortage is always just before the cap amount  <_<  <_<

Good idea on the cap and I also see your point on abuse. 

That said, I've friends who were cashiers and they told me, "If there's extra, I pocket it and in fact I don't return if a customer pays me more cos I'll have to foot it if there's shortage so only fair mah" 

I told them that's being dishonest but they told me "easy for you to say cos you not in our shoes"

They do have a point and thus I hasten to add that getting cashiers to pay breeds this kind of mentality which in turn leads to a company of staff with wrong values inadvertently which is sad..... 

• Praise 3

Good idea on the cap and I also see your point on abuse. 

That said, I've friends who were cashiers and they told me, "If there's extra, I pocket it and in fact I don't return if a customer pays me more cos I'll have to foot it if there's shortage so only fair mah" 

I told them that's being dishonest but they told me "easy for you to say cos you not in our shoes"

They do have a point and thus I hasten to add that getting cashiers to pay breeds this kind of mentality which in turn leads to a company of staff with wrong values inadvertently which is sad..... 

same thing apply to shortages, such error is between customer and cashier, extra they can keep cos it was the customer who is careless or didn't check (even if it could be the cashier being dishonest). So if cashier make mistake they also must compensate.

as for those argue about trusting the employee, to a certain extant if he/she is a trainee maybe first 2 months in the job. However, with the high turnover of manpower, it is also difficult to know or 'trust' an employee who is hired for less than a year (for retail chain with hundreds of staff). 

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Actually, last semester, my form teacher just reminded us that grades are not everything. Most important is to be a morally upright and useful person to the society.

I fully agree with her, did not finish my holiday assignments because surfing MCF the whole holiday.... I hope she hold up her end of the bargain. LOL

Was it a comprehension assignment? 

Cuz you failed it!

She said that grades are not everything but nowhere did she mention that no need to do assignments!

There was a supplier I had to chase for half a year before he asked for my cheque. I said I mail him he said wait for courier which never came.

How much and which supplier?  :ninja:

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Honestly unless it's a huge difference like 50% difference usually won't notice it. Whatever you say I pay and go.

Agree. Undercharged and didn't pay is totally different. Usually I won't notice being undercharged and I just pay and go too. Even when it comes to receiving change I also don't check. But a couple of times I did forget to pay for meals and I went back and pay. No way I am not going to pay if I still want to frequent the place again. This kind of advantage not worth taking it.

• Praise 1

no...actually is Sex Education assignments.....

I guess I deserve to be spanked... [:p]

Cuz you failed it!

She said that grades are not everything but nowhere did she mention that no need to do assignments!

• Praise 1

When younger, act blur and hurry out of the shop, feeling good inside that got a bargain.

When older now, would inform the cashier/staff of the mistake and pay the correct amt.

Everybody is just earning a living, when we underpay, someone will get hurt. It can be either the cashier, owner, etc.

When we purchase a product, we already agree to the pricing before committing to the purchase, so we should honor that.

Do not do unto others what you do not want others to do unto u.

When not "financially able", act blur and hurry out of the shop, feeling good inside that got a bargain.

When "financially stable" now, would inform the cashier/staff of the mistake and pay the correct amt.

Everybody is just earning a living, when we underpay, someone will get hurt. It can be either the cashier, owner, etc.

When we purchase a product, we already agree to the pricing before committing to the purchase, so we should honor that.

I think it is more applicable nowadays. Lol

• Praise 6

heartened to see that almost ALL of MCFers here are aligned.  Thanks...except for that cheapo @jman888 take double things summore....hahah :grin:

if he never explicitly promised her to do homework then he's not wrong mah. still morally sound. lol

Cuz you failed it!

How much and which supplier?  :ninja:

Hypersonic

heartened to see that almost ALL of MCFers here are aligned.  Thanks...except for that cheapo @jman888 take double things summore....hahah :grin:

Everybody pays at shops. So noble. Well done! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Now, what about online piracy? :psychotic: Pay or no pay?  :secret-laugh: 

[laugh] 

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Underpaying is like a myth in Singapore

But on blue moon occasion, I would definitely pay the right amount if I am aware

Then make a trip down to buy toto

if @Staff69 is undercharged in KTV...he sure happy happy gao Oxley

hor hor?

he undercharged but OVERDISCHARGE  [grin] 

see lah..u cum in turn this to tiko thread...kekek

Hypersonic
RadX, on 21 Jun 2016 - 10:53 AM, said:

he undercharged but OVERDISCHARGE  [grin] 

see lah..u cum in turn this to tiko thread...kekek

hahaha..cant help it.....

ok I siam

sorry :XD:

• Praise 1

When younger, act blur and hurry out of the shop, feeling good inside that got a bargain.

When older now, would inform the cashier/staff of the mistake and pay the correct amt.

Why don't have this option in the poll? I feel the same way, though, most times, I don't check my change, as long as roughly right, ok liao.

Only once or twice got something wrong with the change, then go inform cashier / sales person that they gave more. If the other way around, and I got overcharged, I would also inform them and get back my money. Unless difference is few cents, then let them earn.

When we weren't paying the right price, something else is paying for it

Be fair to ownself and others by doing the right thing morally and ethically

To get a good sleep at night

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 11