Studied too much, stuck in an unstable dead-end job...how?

Zyklon

Hypersonic

no wonder u like zheng hu so much .......  :D

Lol. Could be  [nod]

Some people study PhD as a hobby.

One of my supplier... the boss's son keep studying and studying.

After pHD cannot find job.

Father wants him to come into business and understudy his business, but son don't want.

Continue to study....

I think his son's hobby is study.

Lao peh got $$$ no problem lah, but if lao peh no $$$, how to upkeep this type of hobby? No say this type of course cheap... It's a rip off. Imagine you do phd, boh textbooks one, boh notes one. Ownself writes thesis, ownself admires. Still need to pay min 30K to get a A4 size cert.

Some people want their children to study smart smart, but their children don't want.

One rice breeds one thousand species.

your friend same as @adrianli friend issit.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

hahaha... maybe. 

Was from the maritime industry. Heheheee

Lol. Could be  [nod]

your friend same as @adrianli friend issit.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

hahaha... maybe. 

Was from the maritime industry. Heheheee

Hmm i think some ah sia kias are like that.

1 of my patients, i see his age still put occupation as "student" ...  :mellow:

You guys flatter me, thank you for the kind words.

Maybe I didn't took the time to read what ts actually wrote.

I just saw the topic header seeking for advise/help.

Everyone deserve a second chance. :)

Hello, I really need a job, can hire me without interview please [:p]

I am a conservative person and prefer well dressed bodybuilding gays to ignore me

• Praise 6

Hypersonic

Hello, I really need a job, can hire me without interview please [:p]

700k elite always å£æ¯å¿éçððð

You mean you like attention from well dressed bodybuilding gays??

When I choose my worker, the last thing I see is their paper qualification. I am looking at only 2 things. Attitude and EQ.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Herein, the problem set in. Being a new guy, I was always assigned to some "senior" staffs under a couple of new area projects, playing the role of "assistant", which I am perfectly fine with. I do not mind being a follower, if the project leader is capable of teaching me something. However, in this cases, the project leaders knew nothing about the domain, nor the process. It was actually their first time running such projects too. What this effectively meant was that I was doing all the leg work, mind work and practically everything, while not a single credit was given. When things were not perfect, I had to take the blame because it was my work. When things were great, suddenly I was forgotten. At the same time, my company started looking at restructuring and I couldn't be sure when it will be my turn. Dejected, I started looking for opportunities outside.

Despite numerous attempts at dropping resume and cover letters, I just couldn't find another job. After 5 months of job seeking, I got interviews with three companies. Weirdly, all gave the same conclusion, " We like you a lot, but your area of expertise...". This is despite my attempts at making clear that I was willing to learn and am a quick learner.

The good news is you are not the only one.

The bad news is, it seems that "age" is the problem here. You can always be clear about being positive and stuff but there is no way to reverse your age.

Even if you are willing to take a massive pay cut.

Another way is to only declare your qualifications as diploma or lower. Try that and see if you land jobs much faster :ninja:  

• Praise 2

Supersonic

TS clean up his seniors mess also want to complain.

My staff do it everyday and also never complain.

I give then $10 each time to keep them quiet.

Each of them must have got a few hundred by now.

:)

Wahaha....can I work for u or not?

Consperm can pay full cash after that.

• Praise 1

As of today .....................I think more than 5000 liao..............and its counting everyday.............all deep deep under you..................... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Why are you counting ?????

You waiting to register at no. 5555 iszit .. :ninja:  

ASK... no pressure to bring back the bacon.

Some people study PhD as a hobby.

One of my supplier... the boss's son keep studying and studying.

After pHD cannot find job.

Father wants him to come into business and understudy his business, but son don't want.

Continue to study....

I think his son's hobby is study.

Lao peh got $$$ no problem lah, but if lao peh no $$$, how to upkeep this type of hobby? No say this type of course cheap... It's a rip off. Imagine you do phd, boh textbooks one, boh notes one. Ownself writes thesis, ownself admires. Still need to pay min 30K to get a A4 size cert.

Some people want their children to study smart smart, but their children don't want.

One rice breeds one thousand species.

If you take a walk at Biopolis and u throw a stone, chances are u will hit a PhD holder. That is how common it is.

Good on you too.

Because in the private sector where dog eats dog, it is rare to find such a mentor like you.

For me, i have been in MNCs and SMEs and right now I am working in the smallest company I have ever been in. But I have a good boss and colleagues and I have never been happier.

One thing is I am grateful to him for hiring me, and also that he is teaching me things on a day to day basis about managing staff and some essential office politics that one must know about when dealing with big big bosses or sneaky foreign counterparts [laugh]

actually it's very true.

I left my MNC job in an industry which I had been in for almost 10yrs for a smallish GLC in a totally different industry with a 20% annual pay cut.... And I've never been happier. The people and culture are great and I've got a supportive boss.

I would like to believe that my job satisfaction translate into better performance leading me to win 2 promotions in the last 3 years. Now I'm earning more than my previous job.

Sometimes career wise it isn't really a straight road. It's kinda like chess. You might need to take one step back to move 2 steps forward..

• Praise 2

If you take a walk at Biopolis and u throw a stone, chances are u will hit a PhD holder. That is how common it is.

no lah, you throw the stone, it bounces off an will hit ANOTHER....that is how common it is.... :XD:  :XD:

• Praise 1

Hur......

What I know is that 80% chance of the stone hitting FW or FT then hitting a PhD in Biopolis.

PhD inside lab doing research in their work until forget what time leow ....... :XD:

Experience cos waiting together with my friend for his wife to off work and keep texting her waiting at car park.. She keep saying coming, finishing soon and 1 /12 hrs gone only she appear at the lift lobby .. [grin]

Whilst waiting, majority of ppls coming out from the lifts were either Indians, Bangalas or Philippines nationals ... :lll._.: Singaporean still come out but lesser proportions ... :meaw:

• Praise 1

(edited)

This forum people like to throw stones and see what they hit......

39.jpg

Nah..for you guys..

throwing-stones-photo.jpg

:XD:

And a suggestion for the FTs and the Phds in Biopolis...wear this:

HTB10uYJGXXXXXbgaXXXq6xXFXXXI.jpg

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 1