Heng SWEE Keat collapsed in cabinet

RadX

Oh no, this kind of thing better don't discuss in forum. Do you know there's moral hazard? This is open forum, there are many different kinds of people around, some green eyes, some are professional doctors, some maybe politicians. So those picked up by them they take note and maybe next time no more $50 dollar hospital stay but pay a lot higher. Government would think this is a loophole need to closed due they could afford more then that, doc will charge more for c class due they think wa c class stay not bad also, mostly paid by government, charge abit more since end up out of pocket from patients cost so little.

It's no good man.

These are genuine cases of perhaps social intervention and bona fide subsidies and are present for all so nothing about any loop hole or any sneakiness in the system

Let's not get too overly riled.

I speak from experience as I was also a beneficiary many times

Thank you

Update

Accdg to pm Lee hsk is stable but will be in icu for a while. This is expected at this early stage.

Wish him well

Funnily me in church again haha

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

You want business of those going heavens too? [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 1

You want business of those going heavens too? [laugh] [laugh]

Lol... Recall

These are genuine cases of perhaps social intervention and bona fide subsidies and are present for all so nothing about any loop hole or any sneakiness in the system

Let's not get too overly riled.

I speak from experience as I was also a beneficiary many times

Thank you

Update

Accdg to pm Lee hsk is stable but will be in icu for a while. This is expected at this early stage.

Wish him well

You really all out trying to get into the pearly gates ah? Lol

You really all out trying to get into the pearly gates ah? Lol

Time to return home la haaaaa

Conducting course la knn

1.10.jpg

internet say 1

I just post it :XD:

Limpeh still will be here

SPIRITUAL MODERATOR... Haaa

1.10.jpg

internet say 1

I just post it :XD:

I tell you limpeh really go you will miss me hor... Knn

Keke

• Praise 1

Whatever it is, we know that life can be very short and EOL can be like a flip of a switch.

Spend as much as time with your loved one and do the things that you loved.

Stop chasing those dreams in the rat race. Nothing is real at the end of day. The only real thing you will face is the deathbed.

I prefer a balanced rat race....without $$$, it's tough

• Praise 4

Whatever it is, we know that life can be very short and EOL can be like a flip of a switch.

Nothing is real at the end of day. The only real thing you will face is the deathbed.

Eh then I need to eat too le

Haaaaa

V Gd msg bro. Too true

Hypersonic
(edited)

i meant the asking you to move your stuff out in the middle of the night after the child went to high dependency ward. and still went back to the same ward after HDW.

I was like dumbstrucked, never happen for my dad stayed in ICU, we still have the same room back and all our stuff never moved during his stay at ICU

They probably wanted the room for use temporarily and reassign u another bed later on. Just so happens, they didn't need the bed.

Anyway this is a seriously minor issue. I don't even know why u are highlighting this.

From my recollection and I highly doubt I'm wrong, if u go to another ward, your things are moved out period. In fact it happens like within an hour. Belongings are part of the handover processes for nurses.

I've had patients go into icu like at 1130am and the bed is filled up by 2pm by someone else.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

They probably wanted the room for use temporarily and reassign u another bed later on. Just so happens, they didn't need the bed.

Anyway this is a seriously minor issue. I don't even know why u are highlighting this.

From my recollection and I highly doubt I'm wrong, if u go to another ward, your things are moved out period. In fact it happens like within an hour. Belongings are part of the handover processes for nurses.

I've had patients go into icu like at 1130am and the bed is filled up by 2pm by someone else.

eh doc I just realized minister heng was resuscitated by 3 cabinet docs before ambulance came.

resuscitate means what ah? victim not breathing is it?

also for a layman, how do you resuscitate someone suffering from stroke?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

eh doc I just realized minister heng was resuscitated by 3 cabinet docs before ambulance came.

resuscitate means what ah? victim not breathing is it?

also for a layman, how do you resuscitate someone suffering from stroke?

Suffering from stroke is the illness. Regardless of what illness. Resuscitate is cpr.
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

aiya you doubt things then go try lor....

my uncle ward C and on social welfare.... don't even need to pay a single cent.... was in hospital about 3 weeks to 1 month......

I don't really blame people for not understanding the subzidies out there, because many of us are so used to pay and pay
  • Praise 2

aiya you doubt things then go try lor....

my uncle ward C and on social welfare.... don't even need to pay a single cent.... was in hospital about 3 weeks to 1 month...... 

This is what I will tell some of the people who have 'friends' using 'mum need money for emergency operation' as an excuse to borrow money from them. Tell them to come up with better excuse the next time.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Haven't come to this thread for a day and suddenly it's 26 pages...

Saw a lively discussion about the state of our healthcare system... anecdotal examples were used, doubts arose, but discussions were largely based on facts and not attacks. If this was some place else, I dunno how the entire PAP and 9 generations of their extended families would have been cursed till already. Plus the obligatory million dollar salary that every conversation ends with.

It's poignant if you think about the effort that has gone into making our system so robust. Good women and men, the likes of Heng Swee Keat, have been toiling to make it work. That you have a hospital to go to, and there's equipment inside, and the doctors give their attention to you, and they're not collecting angpow like China, and you stay until you get well, and you pay what you can afford...

... every one of these components is someone's blood and sweat, which didn't come by easily. Having needed some prolonged treatment myself over the past year, I really appreciate the system a lot more.

A good man like Heng Swee Keat is now fighting for his life and health after giving devoting much of it to make ours better. Regardless of political affiliation, and whether you agree with government policies, let us all pray for him.

I'm proud to belong to a mature online community which has the decency that will bring our country forward.

Edited by Alheych
  • Praise 28

Saw a lively discussion about the state of our healthcare system... anecdotal examples were used, doubts arose, but discussions were largely based on facts and not attacks. If this was some place else, I dunno how the entire PAP and 9 generations of their extended families would have been cursed till already. Plus the obligatory million dollar salary that every conversation ends with.

It's poignant if you think about the effort that has gone into making our system so robust. Good women and men, the likes of Heng Swee Keat, have been toiling to make it work. That you have a hospital to go to, and there's equipment inside, and the doctors give their attention to you, and they're not collecting angpow like China, and you stay until you get well, and you pay what you can afford...

... every one of these components is someone's blood and sweat, which didn't come by easily. Having needed some prolonged treatment myself over the past year, I really appreciate the system a lot more.

A good man like Heng Swee Keat is now fighting for his life and health after giving devoting much of it to make ours better. Regardless of political affiliation, and whether you agree with government policies, let us all pray for him.

I'm proud to belong to a mature online community which has the decency that will bring our country forward.

Well-said bro. This is the exact reason why we have this mature forum which share, discuss any topic responsibly. Let's pray for HSK's speedy recovery and more of such good public servant quality citizens to join politics and serve our nation wholeheartedly.  

• Praise 9

Hypersonic

Very well said, Bro :)

It's good that we have a matured forum with matured members whom have contributed positively :)

Let's just hope that this continue and also that Heng recovers well :)

• Praise 9

Supersonic

Oh no, this kind of thing better don't discuss in forum. Do you know there's moral hazard? This is open forum, there are many different kinds of people around, some green eyes, some are professional doctors, some maybe politicians. So those picked up by them they take note and maybe next time no more $50 dollar hospital stay but pay a lot higher. Government would think this is a loophole need to closed due they could afford more then that, doc will charge more for c class due they think wa c class stay not bad also, mostly paid by government, charge abit more since end up out of pocket from patients cost so little.

It's no good man.

The people you mentioned are the ones already in the know about how the fees currently are.

It is the layman like me that is ignorant.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2