New Harrier Japan

Marcostan

Hi everyone, I went to PI to view the harrier last weekend, and it looks nice to me, Only thing I found out not that good is the engine noise when idling, it sounds very loud compared to other SUVs, does anyone have the same experience? The sales consultant said that's normal for harrier, is that so? How about the engine noise/sound during normal driving if keep the window open, also very loud? Could any bro share,  thanks a lot. 

o? I ever sat in my friend's harrier (6 mths old) = no noise leh

↡ Advertisement

I believe the harrier shuts engine when in stop mode, not sure when you said idling is it on parking mode? It is suppose to be quiet like a mouse with no engine engagement. Are you sure its the new harrier?

Yes, that's in parking mode and we only turn on the engine and try the air con and so on, when i sit inside the car, I also hear no noise, but when I get off the car and try to check the boot, I heard loud engine noise, louder than any other new SUVs I have viewed recently. I will check some other Harriers from other PI and update there, thanks. 

o? I ever sat in my friend's harrier (6 mths old) = no noise leh

Sit in with door and window closed, for sure no noise lah, but if you get off the car and walk around, do you hear louder than normal engine noise? Thanks. 

There is spare tyre and it comes from Japan. My PI has sold some with spare tyre and there is an option but have to confirm before deal to indent as it is factory included similar to other option stuffs.... tyre is cheap and it is the actual type, my original rims were 18" and the spare is 18" too.

The cost is higher as they need special fixture and the boot compartment under the boot platform is different from those without spare tyre.

Maybe your PI stocks comes from another source.

No need to worry mate, no spare tyre no spare tyre lor!!! Not a life or death matter. hee hee.

Hi All,

Is any bro kind enough to snap a picture of the boot compartment under the boot platform for those with spare tyre options? I'm trying to explain to my dealer what it is because I remember seeing it at one of the showroom but apparently, no one understands what I am saying.

Thanks in advance!!

Yes, that's in parking mode and we only turn on the engine and try the air con and so on, when i sit inside the car, I also hear no noise, but when I get off the car and try to check the boot, I heard loud engine noise, louder than any other new SUVs I have viewed recently. I will check some other Harriers from other PI and update there, thanks.

Sit in with door and window closed, for sure no noise lah, but if you get off the car and walk around, do you hear louder than normal engine noise? Thanks.

Does Harrier has a warm up sequence. Cx5 has a warm up sequence where engine will ramp up at about 1.2k rpm for a while
  • Praise 1

Does Harrier has a warm up sequence. Cx5 has a warm up sequence where engine will ramp up at about 1.2k rpm for a while

No warm up seq for the Harrier..

Only very loud n humming sound from the engine bay ..

Macham like ready to take off ..

• Praise 2

Hi, sounds like you got a good deal.

Mind if you share which PI you bought from?

I am looking at Harrier and X-Trail at the moment

But swinging more towards Harrier at the moment

Try Carz World.  In the FB Harrier Club page looks like got people take car successfully!

Dear all

Can I ask for your feedback on the power ?

I know SUVs are not meant to go fast but I jus wan to manage my expectations, enough power to overtake lane 1 road hogger?

I am currently driving a 2.4 Camry at 165 bhp 224.0 Nm 1.5ton

harrier is 151bhp Torque 193Nm at 1.9Ton

lastly, does the CVT feels rubber band ? u rev up and the rev stays there and the car slowly climb ?

the closest spec I gues is rav 4, I think I will go test drive that.

thanks a lot for the info.

Been driving to work daily, very good insulation and power. I am on full time Eco mode, no issue on overtaking. TOP speed easily reaches 120km/h on normal road until TP shot camera at my car, now worry about coming summon.

Edited by Jq1988
  • Praise 1

Been driving to work daily, very good insulation and power. I am on full time Eco mode, no issue on overtaking. TOP speed easily reaches 120km/h on normal road until TP shot camera at my car, now worry about coming summon.

• Praise 1

If I'm not wrong , Harrier is using the Camry engine..

So it's a tried n tested engine, so no worries here.

Nearly bought a 6 mths old NX 200T but the direct owner was nice enough to advise me to think twice abt getting it..

The price was very tempting 170k nett...

Clue : New turbo engine from Toyota , so dun expect Lexus renowned engine smoothness..

• Praise 3

What is a warm up sequence?  During cold start, every car will see it RPM rammed up above 1K rpm and settled down after a short while.  So it is a norm.

• Praise 2

My previous cars don't do this. It just settled immediately.

Cx5 has a light turned on when engine is cold. Then rpm goes up for 1 to 2mins and the light will go off.

My previous cars don't do this. It just settled immediately.

Cx5 has a light turned on when engine is cold. Then rpm goes up for 1 to 2mins and the light will go off.

yes harrier has this as well. the engine will rev up to just below 1.5k rpm and slowly go down.

if you let go of accelerator the car will go pretty fast.

• Praise 1

after driving this car for few days, feel that the pick up a bit sluggish. But overall it is a good ride.

Hi Bro....if sluggish, come to me and i solve it for you.....lol

thanks for the feedback

hows the gear box ? is the rubber band feel very obvious ?

I managed to drive the new altis with CVT in krabi and it wasn't as bad the prius.

the next time u sit in a prius taxi, u will see they are always revving to 5k and the rev will hold there then the car will slowly climb, as a passenger I find that very annoying, hope the harrier is not like that

Unlike other CVT cars...this one powerful. drove Nissan teana before...very sluggish.. this one should give u a hit! memory saved!

Silver Harrier premium variant without moonroof, sign on the order on August 2015 (COE at $57K in Dec) till now which is end of Feb 2016 still haven't collect the harrier. Keep asking the PI and they keep saying next week, then ask again next week again forever keep dragging, also never indent anything special with the harrier.

PI say they haven't received the LTA insepction approval letter for registration of car plate so cannot hand over till now! WTH got so long arh??!!

We order two together, both without moonroof, then my friend already took his white harrier premium variant but PI say stock came in wrong as his white harrier got moonroof in the end top up $1000 if not need to wait for next shipment then was deliver in end of January with car plate SKZ.

But both harrier was delay till December 2015 then reached Singapore and PI send us the chassis number (Frame number as its JDM) then it already here at their showroom since Jan 2016 as we went down to see the harrier, all the necessary accessories, OEM HU, change windows, tinted windows all done and went for inspection already in mid-Jan but till today the silver harrier still cannot hand over!! Really kns this dealer: NewCar********* at Sin Ming.

Edited by Fellows

Hi, can I check if there are PIs out there that allow you to test drive the Harrier?

Sorry, haven't read the entire 183 pages to search for the answer.

Edited by Topspin
↡ Advertisement