Worst interview moment?

Runforyourlife

That is why I dun even want to consider going for the 2nd interview.  It happened 9-10 years ago.

Of course real one lah, If not I won't tell the company name liao.

FYI, I applied for Sales Manager and usually a HR Manager will conduct the interview but dun understand why they got a xiao di di to interview me.

Till now I still angry.

Some interviewer is just unprofessional, regardless what is the position of the person. I remember i went to an interview, there are two interviewers, and maybe the manager didn't find me impressive etc, while i am talking half-way, he just cut in rudely and said something like, i have listen enough of what you have said so far, now just tell me why are you here since your work experience is so little...! [:|]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I always thought they are standardised. Thanks for the clarification. My wife took the official one. She just falls outside the the cut off level. I will probably do worse than her lol

No issue la.

If she really wants, can take the test again since there is always some variance (even if there is no actual improvement).

Some interviewer is just unprofessional, regardless what is the position of the person. I remember i went to an interview, there are two interviewers, and maybe the manager didn't find me impressive etc, while i am talking half-way, he just cut in rudely and said something like, i have listen enough of what you have said so far, now just tell me why are you here since your work experience is so little...! [:|]

What kinda of question is that?

Aren't you there because they shortlisted you? 

No issue la.

If she really wants, can take the test again since there is always some variance (even if there is no actual improvement).

sometimes the shortlisted list is given by the so called 'secretary', then the boss don't even like some of them, initial impression that is. when they see u den u dio tao bio lo. if he bad mood den dio toto liao.

Some interviewer is just unprofessional, regardless what is the position of the person. I remember i went to an interview, there are two interviewers, and maybe the manager didn't find me impressive etc, while i am talking half-way, he just cut in rudely and said something like, i have listen enough of what you have said so far, now just tell me why are you here since your work experience is so little...! [:|]

some time I will also cut them off half way when the interviewee talk for too long on their grandmother story [sweatdrop]

some time I will also cut them off half way when the interviewee talk for too long on their grandmother story [sweatdrop]

Can cut but not rudely. Interviewer should be tactfully enough in such situation.

No issue la.

I am amazed also, though they should know how little my work experience is, but don't know why they still called me up for an interview? 

i give subtle hints most of e time.

its just like if i don't like the interviewer, i cannot cut him before he finishes his qn.

mutual respect lei.

Ya lor.  Sometimes what the interviewers say may hurt the moral.

I remember I ever interview a candidate for the post of sales Executive.  I asked her to tell me about her working experience.  And she told me:

All my working experiences are stated in the resume, you can read it for  more info.  I was like [smash] .  I feel like telling her - Next time when a customer ask you to tell more about the company services, you will also tell her that all the services we provided are stated in the brochures, please read it for more info is it?   But I do not want to hurt her moral thus I didn't say anything.

Upon hearing her reply, I told her I have nothing to ask and ask her wait for our call if she is shortlisted.  

Can cut but not rudely. Interviewer should be tactfully enough in such situation.

I am amazed also, though they should know how little my work experience is, but don't know why they still called me up for an interview? 

Ya lah some ppl are idiots.  They are too free.   Waste the candidate's time and sometimes ppl's Annual leave.

Thanks Sunny for the kind comments.  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

a really awkward interview that is held in a cafe. were people looking you while you answer the interviewers questions. i'm not comfortable speaking when i know someone is watching me from the other side. lol

Haha, I had the opposite experience..

Had a interview in a hotel lounge, good coffee, nice relaxed ambiance, quite quiet, and along the way home for the interviewing director [laugh] ...  the guy was relaxed too as we're away from the office and he no need wait for me in office, so our conversation not so stressed and he asked me abt my work exp, qualifications etc.. almost had dinner with him too..  :a-dinner:

In the end I also rejected the offer, as I was only testing market to see my current worth... but it was a nice experience none the less....  [cool]

Had a interview in a hotel lounge, good coffee, nice relaxed ambiance, quite quiet, and along the way home for the interviewing director [laugh] ...  the guy was relaxed too as we're away from the office and he no need wait for me in office, so our conversation not so stressed and he asked me abt my work exp, qualifications etc.. almost had dinner with him too..  :a-dinner:

In the end I also rejected the offer, as I was only testing market to see my current worth... but it was a nice experience none the less....  [cool]

interview at hotel cafe lounge is quite common nowadays, i had a few done ever 10-20 years ago.

interview at hotel cafe lounge is quite common nowadays, i had a few done ever 10-20 years ago.

Interview at hotel cafe lounge? F&B job eh?! Lol.

no need to be in F&B, many interviewer could be flying in to conduct interview for local staff, hence easier for them to do it in casual environment rather than in the office.  Some time they may even want to avoid to be seen in the local office for conducting interview.

• Praise 1

F and B jobs?

well, the hotel room upstairs makes it convenient for round 2 of interview... 

wah, how cum your interview so bromantic one... 

• Praise 1

Can cut but not rudely. Interviewer should be tactfully enough in such situation.

I am amazed also, though they should know how little my work experience is, but don't know why they still called me up for an interview?

My two cents as interviewer before.

1). Sometimes we know you have little experience but we thought the little experience was at least relevant. Turned out to be not so. The resume does not tell much of the candidate if the candidate adds salt and pepper to his experience.

2). Sometimes candidates will say OK to shift duty just to secure an interview. They then try their luck during interview.

Lastly, sometimes the company is really short and anyone will do. Then I interview and then the candidate springs a surprise on me, which is hard to do considering how desperate I am. But I am tactful, I think. Maybe in another forum someone is cussing me hahah

Just sharing my experience as interviewer.

wah, how cum your interview so bromantic one... 

Haha.. no brokeback anyting la..  [laugh]

But still, it was nice to be away from office environment for the interview, and makes it less stressful...

hahaha... no lah.

didnt matter what i have said 

it was for a research role with an investment fund. at the end, he admitted to me he has no need for a research guy cos he don't see any value to the role. he will probably not hire anyway.

however he has to conduct some interviews to show his boss (was the boss idea to have a research team)

so i thanked him for his time and for keeping the interview short (under 15 mins)  [laugh]

No testi sachels to tell his boss he doesn't like his boss's ideas.

Spineless coward - too many of these type in the work place.

:D   

• Praise 1

I have never had an interviewee tell me grandmother stories.

Maybe its because I have never asked how is their grandmother.

:D   

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3