2016 Feb, 1st COE Bidding Exercise

yo2020

Amazing. I actually have fallen into a kind of depression lately just by looking at the oil price up and down. But knowing someone owned a BMW earning just 2.5k a month, I am not surprised there are more such people around. I see my ex co went through rounds of retrenchment last year, now up for the next round soon with the current market situation, I really have no appetite for any kind of spending.

See this one today ?

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/banking/jitters-over-looming-job-cuts-in-banking

2.5k/mth BMW? Rich Dad?
↡ Advertisement

2.5k/mth BMW? Rich Dad?

i know one chap ~35yrs old, not working (dont know since when or maybe never work before...umm) but stay in fully paid up 1.6mio condo alone, drive a e-class merc... who do you think pay for those stuff??.... hehehe... common lar.... [:p]

i know one chap ~35yrs old, not working (dont know since when or maybe never work before...umm) but stay in fully paid up 1.6mio condo alone, drive a e-class merc... who do you think pay for those stuff??.... hehehe... common lar.... [:p]

quite jialat when go outside world simi sai also dunno, but of course alot admire the way $$ comes without effort.

Exactly. Whether me or you or someone else buy a car/condo, it costs the same. Somebody has to pay for it, if it isn't the owner paying then it's probably the parents...

This pretty much sums up the current situation. 

What a gloomy week. Right after mid night, I checked the oil price, it dropped back to $30 after last week's short recovery. Everyone worried for their job. No job, no money, no car. Simple as that. Fear is huge now, everywhere. This time it does not come in a big wave  and then come straight to recovery like in 2009. Maybe those guys keep posting the news about showroom so packed with buyers etc are car dealers. 

For me, I never planned to get car, but due to job requirement, now I need a car. Even with car allowance, I still do not think it is the right time to buy a car now. Sigh. 

oil price drop is good news to consumer ma. 

Amazing. I actually have fallen into a kind of depression lately just by looking at the oil price up and down. But knowing someone owned a BMW earning just 2.5k a month, I am not surprised there are more such people around. I see my ex co went through rounds of retrenchment last year, now up for the next round soon with the current market situation, I really have no appetite for any kind of spending.

See this one today ? 

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/banking/jitters-over-looming-job-cuts-in-banking

It's possible if you dare to dream.  [rolleyes]

See this one today ? 

It's possible if you dare to dream.  [rolleyes]

post-27974-0-91655500-1455081983.png

The one I mentioned is even better. He didn't have any mean to sustain such life style. Got married, then got kids, but of cos refused to give up on his car "life style", rather feed the car manufacturer, dealer, and bank instead of kids. Some are just.... That's why I want to roll eye on some of the comments here, BUY BUY BUY, wait till when? 

Another assumption that you are making

Why can't the middle income or upper middle income purchase cars in the past few years? Are you again assuming that these people cannot afford?

i believe the assumption is for most people within each band to behave according to their income levels. This is quite a reasonable assumption.

There will naturally be some who act differently- might commit more or hold back

• Praise 1

Yeap, the waiters out there, please wait till 2018.

Anytime between now and 2018 will be a risk as whatever coe price you buy may not be the lowest :D

Then those ppl should buy the Car few months ago and dereg car though still left 1yr plus minus, in order not be mock by you?

Then those ppl should buy the Car few months ago and dereg car though still left 1yr plus minus, in order not be mock by you?

i believe the assumption is for most people within each band to behave according to their income levels. This is quite a reasonable assumption.

There will naturally be some who act differently- might commit more or hold back

No bro. You answered your own query. As long everyone feels its the right time for them, right budget for them, they should go in.

Ok Lah.....We do have many dreamers here.

So how, what is your prediction on the coming COE bidding?

How much is it gona rise for Cat A n B?

No bro. You answered your own query. As long everyone feels its the right time for them, right budget for them, they should go in.

But the way u post are like making fun of those ppl who is waiting for COE to drop?

But the way u post are like making fun of those ppl who is waiting for COE to drop?

Nope. More of for peeps wanting coe to be at the lowest level in 2016. Chances are like waiting for toto to come without even bidding for it.

Maybe not lah.. Sometimes the way we type behind a screen, can be easily misunderstood.

Nope. More of for peeps wanting coe to be at the lowest level in 2016. Chances are like waiting for toto to come without even bidding for it.

People reacts base on situation. If the stock market is dropping, do you buy or you look at the economy to make adjustment when to buy? The situation is true for a bull market, do you buy or react to the situation to purchase.

Hence by saying just buy when you feel right is like not consider the factors and buy on feelings.

Ask a question, does feeling right and good help you to make money from stock?

• Praise 1

People reacts base on situation. If the stock market is dropping, do you buy or you look at the economy to make adjustment when to buy? The situation is true for a bull market, do you buy or react to the situation to purchase.

Hence by saying just buy when you feel right is like not consider the factors and buy on feelings.

Ask a question, does feeling right and good help you to make money from stock?

When are you buying your ride? When is your current ride expiring?

↡ Advertisement