BPL 15/16 - The New Season Part 1

Maxus-MIFA9

Joe Hart still not good enough for Pep? Single handedly kept City in the game with excellent saves!!

Clean sheet gives City a fighting chance at the Barnebeu next week, good luck!!

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/664726/Rio-Ferdinand-Joe-Hart-Peter-Schmeichel-Man-City-Champions-League

Agreed, negligence and perhaps perjury they definitely are guilty of but unlawful killing is definitely not right. Don't get me wrong, not condoning what they did but there has to be balance.

British Law certainly strange, so quick to pin the blame on the supporters and then take so long to right a wrong and then now the opposite say police guilty of unlawful killing!! 

Come to Pool .... :a-happy:  :a-happy:

↡ Advertisement

I guess unlawful as opposed to accidental. British Law is based on Law of Torts. Cause - and - effect principle. In this case, the decision to open Gate C effectively caused the tragedy. Hence, unlawful.

My interpretation lah

• Praise 2

I guess unlawful as opposed to accidental. British Law is based on Law of Torts. Cause - and - effect principle. In this case, the decision to open Gate C effectively caused the tragedy. Hence, unlawful.

My interpretation lah

unlawful or whatever language used.. the most important thing is that Pool fans, affected families and those who perished in that faithful day received justice at last.  I cannot even begin to imagine the anguish of these affected families all these 27 years... no one should go to attend a football match and end up not going home that day. 

The police's cover up was a big disappointment. The deaths were directly caused by negligence based on the latest verdict and evidences.  To think that the pool fans were accused as the culprits all these years..  

Hopefully, this decision will help to bring further closure to the affected families and for all Pool fans to move on from this tragic incident.

YNWA 

• Praise 3

Last post from me on this.

Strongly encourage Pool fans to give this long Guardian piece a read.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/26/hillsborough-disaster-deadly-mistakes-and-lies-that-lasted-decades

Detailed what went wrong in the appointment of an inexperience ground commander and the crucial mistake he made that led to the tragedy and the subseqent attempts to lie and cover up.

For public to take on a police force who fabricated lies to cover up their mistakes is not easy. Agreed with many that this is the biggest victory by the club whereby the trophy is Justice.

Thks for the link, very detailed read and yes kudos to the families for taking on establishment, not easy for sure [thumbsup]

Stiff British upper lip and authoritarian mentality from senior officers in uniformed organisations is very prevalent esp in the early years and one of the main reasons they could cover up which thankfully is near impossible these days with whistle blowing avenues available.

I know the British love this but terrace standing is dangerous and a sure recipe for getting crushed.

Recently there has been lobbying by supporters to bring this back but so far it has been resisted.

I read its great for atmosphere, singing etc but from safety point of view its a no go!!

• Praise 4

Thks for the link, very detailed read and yes kudos to the families for taking on establishment, not easy for sure [thumbsup]

Stiff British upper lip and authoritarian mentality from senior officers in uniformed organisations is very prevalent esp in the early years and one of the main reasons they could cover up which thankfully is near impossible these days with whistle blowing avenues available.

I know the British love this but terrace standing is dangerous and a sure recipe for getting crushed.

Recently there has been lobbying by supporters to bring this back but so far it has been resisted.

I read its great for atmosphere, singing etc but from safety point of view its a no go!!

take away the beer and free standing would be fine

take away the beer and free standing would be fine

Of course alcohol is always the root of many evils but my point is that it's hard to tell the capacity of terrace standing unlike seats and cos there is a strong possibility of pushing and shoving whilst standing, chances of getting injured is very high. If you see old videos of British football matches, the crowd at the terraces can really move down, up, sideways and it gets frenzied when a goal is scored. Looks really fun but dangerous for sure!!  

Heard they even pee in the terraces cos just cant get out to go toilet and with the amount of beer they drink, it's not surprising. Was told that's the British culture and part of the fun in standing on the terraces. Hillsborough put paid to that but I feel it's for the better and less chances of fighting as well.

Heysel saw a wall being brought down by sheer weight of humans so can you imagine the danger of this??

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 3

Sorry brother OS, since no one started a new threat for the new season.

I start it. :secret-laugh:

First match this Saturday, 8th August 2015

ManU vs Spurs  - 7.45 pm

10.00pm matches

1.  Everton vs Walford

2.  AFC Bournemouth vs Aston Villa

3.  Leicester City vs Sunderland

4.  Norwich City vs Crystal Palace

12.00 midnight

Chelsea vs Swansea City

Sunday 09 August 2015

1.  Arsenal vs West Ham United - 8.30pm

2.  Newcastle United vs Soton - 8.30pm

3. Stoke City vs Liverpool - 11.00pm

Monday 10 August 2015

West Bromwich Al vs ManCity - 03.00am

Lets the drama begin ............. [smash]    

May the best team win. :a-popcorn:    :a-toast:    :a-toast:

Leicester come on!

Turbocharged

Not sure who is this guy...Radja Nainggolan, Belgium international and he looks like Nigel De Jong but not sure if he plays like him?? Quite ex but seems highly rated!!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-agree-radja-nainggolan-transfer-7841585

this guy is good.......at least in fifa16. but as fifa16 is quite reflective of real life players, i reckon he is as good as his game-self. good buy. but i bought him for less than 2000 coins.  :XD:  [laugh]

this guy is good.......at least in fifa16. but as fifa16 is quite reflective of real life players, i reckon he is as good as his game-self. good buy. but i bought him for less than 2000 coins.  :XD:  [laugh]

Haha never knew can compare players via fifa16!

Nevertheless, like what you guys mentioned; he must be good else Chelsea wouldn't fork out 28mil for him but I'm still in awe at that price but Conte should know better since he comes from Serie A.

very good in Fifa 16

• Praise 3

Latest on Sakho's failed dope test.

Sakho has accepted the result and didn't request for his sample B to be tested. Will fight on mitigating factor.

So will be looking at a ban between 6 months to 2 years

Edited by Osprey23

Joe Hart still not good enough for Pep? Single handedly kept City in the game with excellent saves!!

He really had saved the day for MC and put them in good position for the return leg.

First half was so boring that even my tasteless prawn crackers was an entertainment. Both GK could also afford to eat that during the first 45 mins.

It's a reverse of tempo in the second half when RM turned on their turbo and kept charging at the strong MC back four. Clichy and Otamendi did well to keep Bale at bay. Sagna kinda slow Marcelo down through out. Kompany was always there in the box to clear crosses and stopped many RM advancement. But he couldn't bloody head the ball when he's in opponent's penalty box.

De Bruyne performance was an utter disappointment. His only real contribution was the free kick in injury time that forced a first save by RM Navas. Granted he started strangely as CM while Silva as LM. Only after the latter was replaced due to injury then he moved to the LM when we could see more of him.

Kun was totally silenced by RM back four. He only managed one crack at goal in the 2nd half with his left. He was so fed up with his mates not finding him up front that he dropped deep and wide to get the ball but RM was always quick to deploy 2-3 to not allow him space to run towards goal.

Ramos should have scored with the free header...instead he guided the ball straight into JH hands. So was the one (I think it's a defender) who hit the ball straight into JH chest about 4 metres in front of the goal.

MC just can't play their usual 2 touches football if they aim for an away goal...play counter with Kun and Bruyne will be more effective I think.

UCL semi first leg.

Man City 0-0 Real Madrid

Atletico Madrid 1-0 Bayern Munich

The odd on a Madrid derby final looks good

Despite 69 and 71% possession...BM just couldn't score.

Muller and Ribery came on late in 2nd half but made no difference. All BM threatening long shots came from other sources. Frustrated Coman tried very hard but just couldn't find his men in the box.

Dubious refereeing through out...

There seemed to be 2 Vidal on the pitch cos he was involved half the time everywhere from attack to defence.

Neuer was beaten more than once in the game; if not for the wood work there'd be more goals...

AM Saul brilliant solo skill akin to Maradona or Messi...passed 4 opponents and beat the full stretched keeper to put the ball into the net. Awesome!

Torres was good too. He kept the BM defence rooted with him to make space for others...

Hope to see AM vs MC or RM vs BM or MC vs BM in the final. Otherwise, machiam la liga.

↡ Advertisement