BPL 15/16 - The New Season Part 1

Maxus-MIFA9

If Klopp gets all his targets, we will see 9 new faces at Anfield this summer, including Grujic and Matip.

Other positions with incoming includes:

1) Keeper. I always maintained that it will be a German but unsure which one. Ter Stegen I believe could be tough as Barcelona are trying their best to keep him. If he decided to leave, City will be there ahead of queue. Hence, my take is still Horn. Presents the best value buy at £6m.

2) Defenders. Matip will join the trio of Sakho, Gomez and Lovren who are likely to be kept on. If Lovren is off, Pool want Tah.

3) Centre Midfielders. Biggest overhaul. Grujic is in, Zielinski heavily linked. Klopp wants a controller. In terms of preference: Gundogen/Goretzka/Dahoud.

4) Winger/wide forward. Ousmane Dembele is top target for Klopp. Tough fight for his signature. Gotze will depend on how low Bayern will to drop asking price. Pool not intended to match.

5) Striker. The top target is Chicharito.

↡ Advertisement

If Klopp gets all his targets, we will see 9 new faces at Anfield this summer, including Grujic and Matip.

1) Keeper. I always maintained that it will be a German but unsure which one. Ter Stegen I believe could be tough as Barcelona are trying their best to keep him. If he decided to leave, City will be there ahead of queue. Hence, my take is still Horn. Presents the best value buy at £6m.

2) Defenders. Matip will join the trio of Sakho, Gomez and Lovren who are likely to be kept on. If Lovren is off, Pool want Tah.

3) Centre Midfielders. Biggest overhaul. Grujic is in, Zielinski heavily linked. Klopp wants a controller. In terms of preference: Gundogen/Goretzka/Dahoud.

4) Winger/wide forward. Ousmane Dembele is top target for Klopp. Tough fight for his signature. Gotze will depend on how low Bayern will to drop asking price. Pool not intended to match.

Chicharito to replace Benteke? squad player?

Turbocharged

Well done City for making it to the UCL semi! Another chapter in their history written.

CR7 showed his prowess and helped RM overturned the 0-2 deficit suffered at the hand of Wolfsburg. What a player.

Klopp has started making changes to his back room staff as well. Starting with the fitness coach from Bayern, Andreas Kornmayer.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/12/liverpool-bayern-munich-fitness-coach-andreas-kornmayer

what a game by CR7

single handedly dragged RM to the UCL next round

Leicester City being investigated for possible breach of FFP whilst they were in the Championship previously. 

Any upcoming team needs injection of $ to build up a team and sometimes even overpay for players which runs contrary to normal business practices something which owners and directors have to understand. Whilst Leicester's expenditure is nowhere near City and Chelsea etc, point I have often stated is not how much you spend but an owner's willingness to show commitment to a club through his pocket which I don't see some doing and worse still milk the club (1 particular London majority owner pays himself a fee when he doesn't contribute anything).

Anyway, I'm happy to see this Thai owner establishing Leicester who are creating history and hope he is in for the long run. Hopefully the Foxes break into the establishment and down the road I also hope that their fans don't forget it was an owner's generosity which helped them climb out of the Championship and fight for the title and don't begrudge other teams when new owners come along to inject $. No passing remarks of "you got no history" etc cos your club was once like that as well!!  

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/11/leicester-city-finances-football-league-financial-fair-play-investigation

• Praise 3

Chicharito to replace Benteke? squad player?

i will not be surprise if it might be Sturridge. Klopp yet to be convinced over his fitness. Sturridge doesn't look happy as well from his body language. His best mate Ibe is going to be sold this summer.

Even with the departures, we still have Ings and Origi. If need be, Firmino as the F9.

Oh, by the way, I left out on the LB. Expecting one to be sign to compete with Moreno. Names I heard is Chilwell or Kolasinac

Turbocharged

actually pool dont need so many players. ever since klopp arrives, many players showed a new lease of life. for defenders, CB is sorted out already as what you said. lovren has shown the quality that he has, so no point in selling a player who is settled. RB they hv clyne, who is very consistent n flanno, who is a very able back up. only LB mayb they need to upgrade. the youngster who played in cup games can also b a gd back up.

midfielders....only a strong DM is required. Can is there for the long run, while milner n henderson aredependable workhorses. stil hv lucas who can still do a gd job. with firmino, couti n lallana showing gd form of late, no overhaul is required. if they wanna get a winger, must make sure he is better than these 3. 

striker also need only 1 quality signing. chicharito will b good. always like him even when he was a man u player. so wat pool will hv will b sturridge, origi, ings n one more. benteke can b sold.

Chicharito is a quality striker, predator and real fox in the box but don't expect him to press from the front cos he is not that kind of player I feel so not sure if he fits into Klopp's methodology but if you want a finisher at a fair price, he definitely fits the bill.

• Praise 3

actually pool dont need so many players. ever since klopp arrives, many players showed a new lease of life. for defenders, CB is sorted out already as what you said. lovren has shown the quality that he has, so no point in selling a player who is settled. RB they hv clyne, who is very consistent n flanno, who is a very able back up. only LB mayb they need to upgrade. the youngster who played in cup games can also b a gd back up.

midfielders....only a strong DM is required. Can is there for the long run, while milner n henderson aredependable workhorses. stil hv lucas who can still do a gd job. with firmino, couti n lallana showing gd form of late, no overhaul is required. if they wanna get a winger, must make sure he is better than these 3.

striker also need only 1 quality signing. chicharito will b good. always like him even when he was a man u player. so wat pool will hv will b sturridge, origi, ings n one more. benteke can b sold.

Yes, Lovren certainly showing sign of improvement but he is still quite error prone. Will see how it goes in the summer but at this point in time, he is believed to be safe but should someone move for Tah, we might act and Lovren could be sacrificed.

LB position I know many doesn't feel Moreno is good but I will hold a different opinion on this. He is reckless and brainless at times but his pace and recovery are crucial to Klopp's system. He needs his FBs to push up to support attack, not just to provide a body but really can create something in the final third. That's where Moreno excel and with him or Clyne being a threat pushing up, opponent's wide attacking players have to track back. Case in point, Shaqiri. Can we remember anything he did in the last game apart from taking free kicks? He was pegged back by Moreno, spending more time defending,which he is not good at, than attacking.

As I have missed out earlier in that post, another young LB will be signed to provide competition to Moreno but not to replace him. IMHO, there isn't many LBs available who can be considered an upgrade over Moreno in terms of what he offers tactically barring Jonas Hector and Ricardo Rodriguez maybe.

I am also hoping for a Kante type of DM but seemingly, based on the shortlisted targets, Klopp is looking more at a DLP. One that can orchestrate from the back and change the pace of the game with his passing. That guy will partner Can and that's why Hendo's position is not safe too. Hendo, Allen or Milner, they will be perfect as the shuttlers in a midfield 3 anchored by a DM. That apparently is not Klopp's preferred system. That's why we are seeing an overhaul here in CMs.

As for winger, sadly we don't even have one established one. Firmino, Coutinho or Lallana are all better centrally. Closest is Ibe but he can't play like what Ojo did in that 45min. The pace and directness from the sides. Ousmane Dembele will be a fantastic signing if we can beat the bigger teams with UCL to him. Our only draw is Klopp factor and more game time.

My biggest fear really. I really hope he dun go over to Pools.... seriously

Done worry bro, I only know he is who we want most at the position. I don't whether how keen he is with the move and who else are in for him. So is not 100% it will happen.

What I do know is that he is keen to return to the BPL because he has something to prove :D

Chicharito is a quality striker, predator and real fox in the box but don't expect him to press from the front cos he is not that kind of player I feel so not sure if he fits into Klopp's methodology but if you want a finisher at a fair price, he definitely fits the bill.

We don't need the striker to press hard but he needs to force the play to their weaker side or where we have laid a pressing trap. Agree with you that he is a good finisher. There is something you can't coach a striker, which is anticipation. He has loads of it to be at the right place at the right time. Or course, we can say maybe he very lucky also :D

In gist, if we can get him, I will be happy.

We don't need the striker to press hard but he needs to force the play to their weaker side or where we have laid a pressing trap. Agree with you that he is a good finisher. There is something you can't coach a striker, which is anticipation. He has loads of it to be at the right place at the right time. Or course, we can say maybe he very lucky also :D

In gist, if we can get him, I will be happy.

There is a saying in football you have to make your own luck which I tend to agree.

Other striker who is a good finisher though in his twilight years is Defoe.

Agreed on his instinct, anticipation and positioning, u can't coach this!

• Praise 4

Chicharito is to me the new ole gunnar solskjaer. I tot Manchester utd Was real lucky to get him. Cos he seem to be scoring whenever he played.

He has proved me wrong that his more suited as a impact sub. With origi As a targetman And him as a poacher I think is gd enough to cHallen get for UCL spot.

Bro osprey any news regarding markovic future?

Chicharito is to me the new ole gunnar solskjaer. I tot Manchester utd Was real lucky to get him. Cos he seem to be scoring whenever he played.

He has proved me wrong that his more suited as a impact sub. With origi As a targetman And him as a poacher I think is gd enough to cHallen get for UCL spot.

Bro osprey any news regarding markovic future?

From what I know Klopp rates him.

He is actually back with us nursing an injury that is bad enough to end his loan spell at Fenerbahce. Why Klopp wants Dembele so badly is because of his pace. The current team now is too slow at times building up because there is no one who can take the ball and run at speed. Markovic can offer that.

• Praise 1

From what I know Klopp rates him.

He is actually back with us nursing an injury that is bad enough to end his loan spell at Fenerbahce. Why Klopp wants Dembele so badly is because of his pace. The current team now is too slow at times building up because there is no one who can take the ball and run at speed. Markovic can offer that.

provided he is played as a real winger that exploits his true pace...  in his last stint at pool, he was asked to play wing-back lol... 

provided he is played as a real winger that exploits his true pace... in his last stint at pool, he was asked to play wing-back lol...

That's the reason why he pushed for a move. He knew that his progress will be hampered if under BR for another season.

I expecting him to do well under Klopp. Partly due to Buvac and also will have fellow Serbian Grujic with him and they can help each other settling.

That's the reason why he pushed for a move. He knew that his progress will be hampered if under BR for another season.

I expecting him to do well under Klopp. Partly due to Buvac and also will have fellow Serbian Grujic with him and they can help each other settling.

Oh boy, I can't wait for this season to end and wait for Aug 2016 for the new season to start :)

• Praise 1

Oh boy, I can't wait for this season to end and wait for Aug 2016 for the new season to start :)

Still have UEL to look forward to bro. :)

↡ Advertisement