BPL 15/16 - The New Season Part 1

Maxus-MIFA9

Just too bad pep decided not to become Klopp's assistant and go and join a smaller club like Man City. Wonder why he lowered his standard coz after all, Barcelona and Bayern Munich are much much bigger club than Man City. Could it be because he likes Abba's song? [laugh]

Bro, I think Man City though have no glamour history like Man Utd, they have owners who are rich and ambitious. They are not in for the money, they already have a lot. Man City is like them playing football management game in the real life.

Why Pep chooses Man City? Well, the DoF is a huge influencing factor.

Bro, I think Man City though have no glamour history like Man Utd, they have owners who are rich and ambitious. They are not in for the money, they already have a lot. Man City is like them playing football management game in the real life.

Why Pep chooses Man City? Well, the DoF is a huge influencing factor.

Ok I get it, Pep likes Oasis  [laugh]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL_CWPlfz1U

• Praise 1

Torres is a finisher, strived with services from Gerrard, Alonso and Reina. Suarez is a machine on his own. Score, create, take-ons. He can craft out chance on his own. Owen is just a sprinter who happens to know where the net is.

Torres caused less drama but downed tools 6 months prior to his departure. Owen refused to extend and left on cheap. Suarez extended to make sure we get a fair amount from his sale and gave everything to the club till the last match he played.

Of the 3, there is only 1 I will welcome back.

Same here, Bro :)

I only welcome Suarez back... and of course, hope he would leave his bites by scoring goals :)

Anyway, in Barca, he is enjoying his football without any bites :))

Teixeira's posted this on Snapchat

Summer, then talk ba :D

Right now... Leicester, ManC and Spurs look good for the title.

Think I've mentioned awhile back that the top 4 seems to be separating themselves from the rest and as they seem to be relatively consistent, it will take a massive effort to overhaul them though LvG thinks otherwise.

As for the title, any of the 4 could win it including Arsenal. Saw the highlights of the Saints match and also read reports. The guy who was physically dominating the MF during this game was Wanyama who I've constantly urged Gunners to buy as I feel he could be the missing piece to their title charge.

Alas, Monsieur Wenger thinks otherwise and you got to admire his faith in Coquelin who is a good player no doubt but he can't possibly be playing every match. Points drop here and there may prove costly we shall see!!

Edited: Know a lot of us feel Leicester's title challenge will fade but interesting fact is they are out of all the Cups and only need to concentrate on the League and we all know how this played to Pool's benefit few yrs back when only a slip prevented the title.  

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 8

BR not so bad after all leh, still help Klopp to settle down.

He also mentioned about lack of patience which I mentioned earlier this week.

Seems like he n I are on the same wavelength

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

Jackson Martinez to Guangzhou

are the Chinese clubs going nuts? suddenly splashing huge money on players :blink:

Could Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure be the latest star to head to the Chinese Super League? On Monday, Guangzhou Evergrande signed striker Jackson Martinez from Atletico Madrid for an incredible fee of €42 million.

Martinez's move comes after another Chinese club, Jiangsu Suning, spent £25m to buy Ramires from Chelsea in January, while Fredy Guarin and Gervinho also moved to China in the winter transfer window.

Now, Toure, 32, is being linked with a switch to East Asia, after his agent Dimitry Seluk revealed this week he expects his client to leave the Premier League team when Pep Guardiola takes over as manager in the summer.

The Daily Telegraph reports three Chinese clubs are interested in the Ivory Coast international's signature and that he could stand to earn £30m-a-year after tax, which is £576,923-a-week -- more than double his current wage at City.

It was also reported in Italy that Shakhtar Donetsk star Alex Teixeira was set to join Ramires at Jiangsu, but boss Mircea Lucescu told Calcio Mercato: "We haven't sold Alex Teixera. I am not aware of any negotiations with Chinese clubs -- they are just the usual rumours which do the rounds during the transfer periods."

• Praise 1

Alex Texeira going to China as well?

Didn't see this one coming and for around EUR46mio/GBP35mio if this report is to be believed. Makes you wonder if the earlier reports of Shaktar asking for EUR70mio was fabricated or not? Anyway surprised Chinese League is able to attract these kind of talents from Europe!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3430862/Liverpool-target-Alex-Teixeira-closing-stunning-35m-Jiangsu-Suning.html

• Praise 4

Jackson Martinez to Guangzhou

And Alex Teixeira, the one that Pool wanted will be next.

Chinese club, Jiangsu Suning, have made a €50m bid for Liverpool target, Alex Teixeira.

Maybe easier to negotiate in the summer. Lol

Edited by Osprey23
  • Praise 1

Alex Texeira going to China as well?

Didn't see this one coming and for around EUR46mio/GBP35mio if this report is to be believed. Makes you wonder if the earlier reports of Shaktar asking for EUR70mio was fabricated or not? Anyway surprised Chinese League is able to attract these kind of talents from Europe!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3430862/Liverpool-target-Alex-Teixeira-closing-stunning-35m-Jiangsu-Suning.html

Money. According to reports, Jiangsu Suning and Guangzhou Evergrade willing to offer him €10m annual salary. That will make him the 10th highest paid footballer in the world.

The €70m only came late into the negotiation. The initial asking price is €50m which is exactly what the Chinese clubs are willing to part.

Money. According to reports, Jiangsu Suning and Guangzhou Evergrade willing to offer him €10m annual salary. That will make him the 10th highest paid footballer in the world.

The €70m only came late into the negotiation. The initial asking price is €50m which is exactly what the Chinese clubs are willing to part.

So that means it's Teixeira who's having the issue? Thought he Twitted about how keen he was to join Pool etc.

I was led to believe that it was Shaktar who moved the goal posts as reported widely but doesn't seem to be the case!

• Praise 4

So that means it's Teixeira who's having the issue? Thought he Twitted about how keen he was to join Pool etc.

I was led to believe that it was Shaktar who moved the goal posts as reported widely but doesn't seem to be the case!

Nope. Shakhtar was the issue.

They wanted €50m we offered €32m. Then at the end they said €70m. I believe €50m will do it but Klopp was deciding against it.

In any case, Chinese' interest was well before ours. He rejected the move and prefer us. Now since the move to Pool has collapsed, the Chinese came back for him with truck load of money.

Only Mail reporting he is taking up the offer. Globo reported nothing on that

↡ Advertisement