Donald Trump US President: The next 4 years

Jman888

Trump wins Michigan's 16 electoral votes, state board says

President-elect Donald Trump has won Michigan's 16 electoral votes.

The Board of State Canvassers certified Trump's 10,704-vote victory on Monday, nearly three weeks after the election. The two-tenths of a percentage point margin out of nearly 4.8 million votes is the closest presidential race in Michigan in more than 75 years.

Trump's win in Michigan gives the Republican 306 electoral votes to Democrat Hillary Clinton's 232.

Trump is the first Republican presidential nominee to win Michigan since 1988.

Green Party candidate Jill Stein is expected to ask for a recount. She has until Wednesday. Trump would have seven days to file objections to her request.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/29/trump-wins-michigans-16-electoral-votes-state-board-says.html

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

In the mean time, Trump deal keeps 1000 Carrier jobs in Indiana.

The Mexicans are probably angry.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38160330

Air-conditioning company Carrier Corp has agreed to keep nearly 1,000 jobs at an Indiana plant after reaching a deal with US President-elect Donald Trump.

Mr Trump and Vice President-elect Mike Pence are expected to travel to Indiana on Thursday to reveal the agreement with company officials.

The president-elect confirmed the meeting on Twitter, describing it as a "Great deal for workers!"

Mr Trump has vowed to keep companies like Carrier from moving jobs overseas.

The new love of both US and China

Najib, Trump agree to strengthen US-Malaysia ties in phone call

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/najib-trump-agree-to-strengthen-us-malaysia-ties-in-phone-call/3323828.html

POSTED: 28 November 2016 at 8:17 AMNajib, Trump agree to strengthen US-Malaysia ties in phone call

POSTED: 28 November 2016 at 8:17 AM

UPDATED: 28 November 2016 at 8:20 AM

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said he and US President-elect Donald Trump has agreed to strengthen ties between the two countries.

The Malaysian leader wrote on Facebook on Sunday (Nov 27) that they engaged in a “very warm and productive” telephone conversation earlier that day.

"Among other matters, we talked about economic growth in the US and Malaysia.

"I congratulated him on his election victory, and we agreed to further strengthen US-Malaysia ties," Najib said, adding that it was "great to reconnect with Trump following his outstanding win".

Republican Trump, 70, defeated Democrat Hillary Clinton in the presidential race earlier this month to become the 45th president of the US.

- BERNAMA/cy

AA

Mediacorp News Group

©2016 Mediacorp Pte Ltd

everybody wants to learn magic from him mah.............

• Praise 1

Interesting thought provoking read.

Someone asked a woman how she could vote for Trump, a “misogynist, a racist and a bigot”. SHE ANSWERED!

By Dr. George Cprecace MD., JD.
Nov 07, 2016

Just in case...  A Woman's Answer

Someone asked a woman how she could vote for Trump, a “misogynist, a racist and a bigot”.

SHE ANSWERED!!

Because I used my head to research and find out what candidates are really like, not what the media wants me to think of them.

Because Donald Trump has more women in executive and managerial positions than any comparable company, which tells me he is not a misogynist.

Because he pays these women the same or more than their male counterparts, which tells me he looks for capacity and skills in people, not colour, gender or race.

Because he fought the West Palm Beach City Council to be able to open his newly purchased club, so he could include blacks and Jews as members, who had been banned until then. This tells me he is not a racist.

Because he has raised wonderful children who have turned out to be outstanding, hardworking and compassionate adults.  He must be doing
something right.

Because his economic plans makes sense, are conservative in nature, and I vote based on what is best for my family, my friends and my country.

Because everybody, the left and the right are afraid of him, the media is trying to destroy his image, and even foreign governments are voicing their opinions, so he must be doing something right. Clean house maybe?

Because I want a Supreme Court that will uphold the Constitution, not behave as minions of the administration.  I have had enough with judges who are more like political activists than law enforcers. 

Because I fear for my family’s safety if the current trend of not confronting blatant terrorism continues – which is a threat to our way of life.

Because I am fed up with the rampant corruption of this administration.  Accountability in government is paramount, and as this administration has demonstrated, it is a foreign concept to them.

Because I am fed up with the political correctness gone wild, and because Trump is not afraid to say what everybody thinks but does not dare to say. A thug is a thug, regardless of colour, and that's it.

Because it is about time someone puts America's interests ahead of other countries.

Because I know he recognizes and embraces America's exceptionalism, and will not tour the World apologizing for who we are. That tells me he is a patriot.

Because, unlike HRC, he has actually held a job, worked hard and achieved success and employees tens of thousands of people.

And last, but not least,

Because I am way more offended by what Hillary has done

post-171878-0-55704300-1480808695_thumb.png

• Praise 7

http://www.businessinsider.sg/trump-warns-that-companies-leaving-the-us-will-face-retribution-2016-12/?utm_content=buffer2ed0f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer&r=US&IR=T#eZtSzy6Ugd9WrGaB.97

Love people comment on Facebook, can learnt a lot of things from them.

What many companies will do is to accelerate to go to full automation. Trump just don't understand that root cause of the problem and what he does is just going to make more Americans unemployed.

The problem with why so many companies are setting bases outside America is because of so many pro employees policies and minimum wages. So what trump does is that it will accelerate companies to go full automation as machines will not be able to sue bosses and less headache in dealing with regulatory requirements on hiring people in America. Some may just say f**k it and close down company.

post-14834-0-28541300-1480895312_thumb.png

Edited by Yewheng

http://www.businessinsider.sg/united-tech-ceo-says-trump-deal-will-lead-to-more-automation-fewer-jobs-2016-12/?utm_content=buffer5c68f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer&r=US&IR=T#oby0abvMXtqGQzF1.97

CEO of United technology mentioned that the consequences of Trump- carrier jobs deal. It means they are going for more automation and that means more people will lose their job in America. Let's see how trump going to make America great again with his thinking that by taxing heavily on companies who set up bases overseas.

a gd read!

Trump's Taiwan call wasn't a blunder. It was brilliant.
Marc A. Thiessen
PUBLISHED
4 HOURS AGO

Relax. Breathe.

Mr Donald Trump's phone call with the president of Taiwan wasn't a blunder by an inexperienced president-elect unschooled in the niceties of cross-strait diplomacy.

It was a deliberate move - and a brilliant one at that.

The phone call with President Tsai Ing-wen was reportedly carefully planned, and Mr Trump was fully briefed before the call, according to The Washington Post. It's not that Mr Trump was unfamiliar with the Three Communiques or unaware of the fiction that there is One China. Mr Trump knew precisely what he was doing in taking the call.

He was serving notice on Beijing that it is dealing with a different kind of president - an outsider who will not be encumbered by the same Lilliputian diplomatic threads that tied down previous administrations.

The message, as former US ambassador John Bolton correctly put it, was that "the president of the United States (will) talk to whoever he wants if he thinks it's in the interest of the United States, and nobody in Beijing gets to dictate who we talk to".

Amen to that.

And if that message was lost on Beijing, Mr Trump underscored it on Sunday, tweeting: "Did China ask us if it was OK to devalue their currency (making it hard for our companies to compete), heavily tax our products going into their country (the US doesn't tax them) or to build a massive military complex in the middle of the South China Sea? I don't think so!" He does not need Beijing's permission to speak to anyone. No more kowtowing in a Trump administration.

Mr Trump promised during the campaign that he would take a tougher stand with China, and supporting Taiwan has always been part of his get-tough approach to Beijing.

As far back as 2011, Mr Trump tweeted: "Why is @BarackObama delaying the sale of F-16 aircraft to Taiwan? Wrong message to send to China. #TimeToGetTough."

Indeed, the very idea that Mr Trump could not speak to Taiwan's president because it would anger Beijing is precisely the kind of weak-kneed subservience that Mr Trump promised to eliminate as president.

Mr Trump's call with the Taiwanese president sent a message not only to Beijing, but also to the striped-pants foreign- policy establishment in Washington. It is telling how so many in that establishment immediately assumed he had committed an unintended gaffe. "Bottomless pig-ignorance" is how one liberal foreign-policy commentator described his decision to speak with Ms Tsai.

Mr Trump just shocked the world by winning the presidential election, yet they still underestimate him. The irony is that the hyperventilation in Washington has far outpaced the measured response from Beijing. When American foreign-policy elites are more upset than China, perhaps it's time for some introspection.

The hypocrisy is rank. When President Obama broke with decades of US policy and extended diplomatic recognition to a murderous dictatorship in Cuba, the foreign-policy establishment swooned. Democrats on Capitol Hill praised Mr Obama for taking action that was "long overdue".

Former president Jimmy Carter raved about how Mr Obama had "shown such wisdom", while the New York Times gushed that Mr Obama was acting "courageously" and "ushering in a transformational era for millions of Cubans who have suffered as a result of more than 50 years of hostility between the two nations".

But when Mr Trump broke with decades of US diplomatic practice and had a phone call with the democratically elected leader of Taiwan, he was declared a buffoon. Well, if they didn't like that phone call, his critics may hate what could come next even more. Mr Trump now has an opportunity to do with Taiwan what Mr Obama did with Cuba - normalise relations.

There are a number of steps the Trump administration can take to strengthen our military, economic and diplomatic ties with Taiwan.

My American Enterprise Institute colleague Derek Scissors has suggested that Mr Trump could negotiate a new free trade agreement (FTA) with Taiwan. "Taiwan's tiny population means there is no jobs threat," Mr Scissors says, but Taiwan is also the US' ninth-largest trading partner. An FTA would be economically beneficial to both sides and would send a message to friend and foe alike in Asia that, despite Mr Trump's planned withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership, the US is not withdrawing from the region.

On the military front, Mr Trump could begin sending general officers to Taipei once again to coordinate with their Taiwanese counterparts and hold joint military exercises. On the diplomatic front, Mr Bolton says the new administration could start "receiving Taiwanese diplomats officially at the State Department; upgrading the status of US representation in Taipei from a private 'institute' to an official diplomatic mission; inviting Taiwan's president to travel officially to America; allowing the most senior US officials to visit Taiwan to transact government business; and ultimately restoring full diplomatic recognition".

Beijing would be wise not to overreact to any overtures Mr Trump makes to Taiwan. When China tested President George W. Bush in his first months in office by scrambling fighters and forcing a US EP-3 aircraft to land on Hainan, its actions backfired. After the incident, Mr Bush approved a US$30 billion arms package for Taiwan, announced that Taiwan would be treated as a major non-Nato ally and declared that the US would do "whatever it took" to defend Taiwan. His actions not only strengthened US ties with Taiwan but also set the stage for good relations with Beijing throughout his presidency.

China does not want to make the same mistake and overplay its hand with Mr Trump. Mr Trump's call with Ms Tsai was a smart, calculated move designed to send a clear message: The days of pushing the US around are over.

That may horrify official Washington, but it's the right message to send.

WASHINGTON POST

• Praise 1

AMDK over PRC dua kee ...

when 2 dua kee quarrel ... [sweatdrop]

The message, as former US ambassador John Bolton correctly put it, was that "the president of the United States (will) talk to whoever he wants if he thinks it's in the interest of the United States, and nobody in Beijing gets to dictate who we talk to".

Amen to that.

And if that message was lost on Beijing, Mr Trump underscored it on Sunday, tweeting: "Did China ask us if it was OK to devalue their currency (making it hard for our companies to compete), heavily tax our products going into their country (the US doesn't tax them) or to build a massive military complex in the middle of the South China Sea? I don't think so!" He does not need Beijing's permission to speak to anyone. No more kowtowing in a Trump administration.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

What part of it is brilliant?

China's stance on Taiwan is unshakable. If there is a Chinese foreign ministry priority no.1, this must be near the top.

There are many articles saying it's bloody stupid. You can negotiate on things, but if you want to really rattle the Chinese saber, i mean not many things will piss it off more than this. 

But you dua kee, so you do whatever you want lor.

a gd read!

Trump's Taiwan call wasn't a blunder. It was brilliant.

Edited by Lala81

AMDK over PRC dua kee ...

when 2 dua kee quarrel ... [sweatdrop]

yea, this statement jin duakee

China's stance on Taiwan is unshakable. If there is a Chinese foreign ministry priority no.1, this must be near the top.

There are many articles saying it's bloody stupid. You can negotiate on things, but if you want to really rattle the Chinese saber, i mean not many things will piss it off more than this. 

left to be seen.  

Timing of call is really apt...

But you dua kee, so you do whatever you want lor.

Just a little correction. You can't rattle someone else's sabre. The correct idiom is to "rattle (someone else's) cage".

So, just by way of illustration apropos to this discussion: "Communicating directly with Taiwan is sure to rattle China's cage. We must hope that China doesn't begin to rattle its sabre in response to this."

↡ Advertisement