2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Ohh....maybe they've changed their tint supplier already, or changed to a better grade...? Mine was done in Oct'15, & it really sucks lol....

↡ Advertisement

Just a short feedback on Forester XT FC.

After a few days of driving in all kinds of road conditions and traffic. (a mix of roughly 60% hw and 40% city) I've done close to 500km. the fuel meter is showing 2 bars less from half way mark. Trip computer is showing around 8.6L/100km (11.6km/L) on average. Some trips if mainly HW can hit 7.5L/100 (about 13+km/L). And my engine is still running in.

I believe this type of newer twin scroll turbo engine can get good fc depending on the driver. 

Ohh....maybe they've changed their tint supplier already, or changed to a better grade...? Mine was done in Oct'15, & it really sucks lol....

Ideally i would tint my car like JB vehicles - totally black. But now family man, i would want to be in compliance with LTA. And the compliance tints all CMI to be honest... no difference if you upgrade to high end film or not. Try and see... Park under hot sun for 8 hours straight with premium film or MI film. 

Hi Forester Owner,

Have you been through the decision process of choosing between the Forester and the Outback?

I know there are differences in dimension, but why did you choose the Forester? What make you sign on the dotted line? 

I am now in this decision process.......thinking......which one.....????

Ideally i would tint my car like JB vehicles - totally black. But now family man, i would want to be in compliance with LTA. And the compliance tints all CMI to be honest... no difference if you upgrade to high end film or not. Try and see... Park under hot sun for 8 hours straight with premium film or MI film. 

I used tint which reject 90% IR for 2.5 year.  My hand don't get burned.

Downside is fail inspection as only 50% light penetration.

The best way for park under hot sun for 8 hours is Sun Roof.  Open sun roof forh 1 - 2 mins.  The car will cool down faster.

• Praise 1

(edited)

yup agree....prolong parking under hot sun will still get the heat in the car no matter what...it's the difference when u drive out of the MSCP into the hot sun, the heat won't be as bad as my stock's tint, if you're using a better grade tint...u put your arms under the sun at the front windscreen, & u can feel the heat...but for a better grade tint, the heat won't be that bad liao...thus your car get cooler faster....  [thumbsup]

Edited by Grisson

Hi Forester Owner,

Have you been through the decision process of choosing between the Forester and the Outback?

I know there are differences in dimension, but why did you choose the Forester? What make you sign on the dotted line? 

Forester NA VS Outback -> forester NA (lower Fc, road tax, easier to park due to slimmer and shorter)

Forester XT VS Outback -> Forester XT (coz of pure power)

Personal opinion is big heavy car with 2.5 NA engine is a bit tiring to drive in our kind of stop-start traffic. It lacks the low end torque to catch up with traffic. I rather choose a smaller sedan or cross over with small engine.

The outback is good for long distance drive or road trips. 

• Praise 1

hahhaa~ love the design of the pre face-lift rims.

Congrats btw!

Yes I prefer those too. Theyblook like "super trees" so suits Forester. They can be a classic characteristic. Pity Subaru didnt see it that way. Just realised only from SE yesterday that mine wont be those.

Forester NA VS Outback -> forester NA (lower Fc, road tax, easier to park due to slimmer and shorter)

Forester XT VS Outback -> Forester XT (coz of pure power)

Personal opinion is big heavy car with 2.5 NA engine is a bit tiring to drive in our kind of stop-start traffic. It lacks the low end torque to catch up with traffic. I rather choose a smaller sedan or cross over with small engine.

The outback is good for long distance drive or road trips. 

I see your point on Forester vs Outback. 

True and well explained. However, it remains a personal choice. Some like it BIG. 

heard a lot of bad reviews on the MI solar film. So i parked my car under hot sun for 3 hours plus at thomson medical centre the other day. After i came back to fetch car, i was expecting a huge gush of hot air when i open the door. But, no leh, the air temp inside was not very much hotter than outside. The seats didn't feel hot too. The perforated leather seats help to keep things cool too i guess. so far the solar film seems to work well, no bubbles or anything. I don't think there's a need for me to change it.

Hmm strange. The one given to me was Autotint brand. think its some local in house brand. Anyway, I normally set to 24-25 degrees and find its quite cold already. Btw, i'm a big size guy who sweats real easily. haa.

Agree on the MI solar film that came with the car. It's quite decent and that's why I never see a need to spend that $1000 to change to another branded film. It's not much difference to the top grade film in terms of heat rejection on my previous car.

Opinions will be split among the different owners here. Best is to test it out and then deciding if one is to spend that money. Sometimes it's just psychological when one read some reviews. Base on the specifications of the MI solar film, it's not that bad.

Yes I prefer those too. Theyblook like "super trees" so suits Forester. They can be a classic characteristic. Pity Subaru didnt see it that way. Just realised only from SE yesterday that mine wont be those.

I preferred the new version actually. If you like the pre facelift one, there's a few sellers on Carousell asking for about $250. I think u probably can negotiate them for $200 as there don't seems to be any takers.

Neutral Newbie

I will get my NA tomorrow evening. I prefer that rim too. But my car rim will be like this:

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_gallery.php?CarCode=11321&CUR=76#gallery_start

I will get my NA tomorrow evening. I prefer that rim too. But my car rim will be like this:

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_gallery.php?CarCode=11321&CUR=76#gallery_start

post-173225-0-66004600-1464775301.png

The stock xt tires are deuler 400. Kinda for off road use. Not too good for grip and traction on Tarmac. On hw speeds definitely got road noise even for bmw. My fren BMW on 18 inch low profile the tire noise worse than xt.

Any bro here manage to source for better tires for xt? Thanks.

For those who just collected their forester and find the ride bumpy, pls do check your tire pressure.

My xt all 4 tires different pressure when I check this morning. Range from 235 to 265! Lol. Anyway, I adjusted to all 240. Ride so much better.

Yes, all tyres were over inflated during collection. Mine was 270 all around. Adjusted to 235 front and 225 rear during 1st tank pump at kiosk. So much more comfortable to drive.

Just a short feedback on Forester XT FC.

After a few days of driving in all kinds of road conditions and traffic. (a mix of roughly 60% hw and 40% city) I've done close to 500km. the fuel meter is showing 2 bars less from half way mark. Trip computer is showing around 8.6L/100km (11.6km/L) on average. Some trips if mainly HW can hit 7.5L/100 (about 13+km/L). And my engine is still running in.

I believe this type of newer twin scroll turbo engine can get good fc depending on the driver.

Wow your FC on XT is better than my NA...

Or did they throw in a big turbo without my knowledge? lol

Wow your FC on XT is better than my NA...

Or did they throw in a big turbo without my knowledge? lol

On paper, the NA has better FC. Looking at the power to weight ratio and after test drive, my experience tells me the XT will have better FC for my driving style. (of course this is assuming XT is in I mode only. My CO forbid me to use S and S sharp unless necessary...)

I used to get 11-12km/L on my old mark x (2.5L V6), my old civic 1.8 only managed 12+km/L. Same right foot, same traffic, same driving style. 

Hi Forester Owner,

For me i prefer the higher viewpoint of an SUV and i love the larger sunroof of the Forester...

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

I used tint which reject 90% IR for 2.5 year.  My hand don't get burned.

Downside is fail inspection as only 50% light penetration.

The best way for park under hot sun for 8 hours is Sun Roof.  Open sun roof forh 1 - 2 mins.  The car will cool down faster.

Did not know that open sun roof help cool down faster. Since Forester had huge sun roof, must make full use of it.

I normally open the shade during the night of raining day.

↡ Advertisement