2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

My iu kept dropping down. Solar film already fixed up by MI since collection. Camera I not getting those expensive type. I bought a less than $100 front cam which I will hide wires myself and plug into power socket.

U face any issues with the car?

Thanks for the info. How many duo points are we giving for buying the forester? Worth about how much? Thanks again.

It's all depends on your how much you are paying for your FXT. Can check at duo.com.sg. Surprise that your SE didn't mention this to you.

The website is for membership cater for Nissan and Subaru owners to clock points and redeem freebies. Dun waste those point as it come in handy during servicing. Lastly please register and attend the owner's briefing, it allow you to understand your ride better.

↡ Advertisement

I think the side protectors are mainly for aesthetics. Every car height is different, that thin strip will not always be the point of contact.

I beg to differ bro, my ride was collected on 30th Sep 2015 and till now, no dent on it except a few chip off paint on the side protector cause by in considerate driver that open and knock on my door. the side protector paint can just touch up, but dent on the car is a more headache issue if you really take care of your ride.

Anyone here have a problem with the aircon? when you are in auto mode, the air circulation indicator will off by itself after some time. And usually when the fan is in power 1(lowest speed).

Try this:

After you start the car:

1. Press the internal circulation button

2. Turn the fan knob (center knob) to start the aircon.

There you have it, the aircon system will not switch off the internal circulation mode no matter the temperature you set. 

Almost booked the Subaru FXT on Sat and unfortunately due to miscommunication with the SE, I was at TPY showroom and he was at Lengkee showroom and he also refused to reduce the price over the phone. If I compare the price quoted for FNA by another bro here, he paid for $104.8 but my SE quoted me $108.8k without much freebies.

Quite unhappy with such pricing strategy by this SE and I just bought another car on Sat night. Next day this SE sms me and offer another $500 discount but I told him that I have bought another car.

In case you are looking at Subaru, please choose your SE wisely. This SE said that they are going to increase price from 1st June onwards.

This is not a problem. It is a conti programme for the aircon. To auto re-circular fresh air from outside. Definitely not useful for us.

The only way to prevent it from open the air from outside is set to a lower temperature. I think is 22deg and below.

The speedo is about 7-8km/h faster than gps speed. So 100km/h is only about 92km/h actual speed.

Thanks man. I am doing my servicing now. The problem is actually an auto feature as mentioned.

Try this:

After you start the car:

1. Press the internal circulation button

2. Turn the fan knob (center knob) to start the aircon.

There you have it, the aircon system will not switch off the internal circulation mode no matter the temperature you set.

I will try. Thanks

It's all depends on your how much you are paying for your FXT. Can check at duo.com.sg. Surprise that your SE didn't mention this to you.

The website is for membership cater for Nissan and Subaru owners to clock points and redeem freebies. Dun waste those point as it come in handy during servicing. Lastly please register and attend the owner's briefing, it allow you to understand your ride better.

My SE did tell me about the duo points which he said they will send a letter to give me the points. Only thing is he didn't tell me how many points. Thinking of using the points to do auto mirror folding.

I didn't hear about the owner's briefing though.

(edited)

Hi all. Can I check with you guys whether the radio on FXT will sound muffled occasionally? The sound quality will become bad for a while on this channel, then switch to another channel will be ok. Then maybe after a while, it will sound bad again. Is it due to poor reception?

Yes, the sudden muffled reception happens from time to time. Probably due to certain areas of bad reception or 'blind' wave spots. But I'm not too worried as it usually return back its clarity a few seconds later when on the move. Edited by razor54

My iu kept dropping down. Solar film already fixed up by MI since collection. Camera I not getting those expensive type. I bought a less than $100 front cam which I will hide wires myself and plug into power socket.

U face any issues with the car?

Thanks for the info. How many duo points are we giving for buying the forester? Worth about how much? Thanks again.

My steering wheel is tilted slightly to the left when driving straight, and the leather wrap on  the rear center head piece was not done properly. I will ask them to re-wrap that piece again during 1k servicing. Will also ask them to rectify the steering issue at that time too.

I think the duo points depend on the amount of loan that you took. You can log in to find out how many points you have.

Yes, the sudden muffled reception happens from time to time. Probably due to certain areas of bad reception or 'blind' wave spots. But I'm not too worried as it usually return back its clarity a few seconds later when on the move.

Thanks for the info. Not sure why only this car is like that. My previous cars did not have such issues.

My steering wheel is tilted slightly to the left when driving straight, and the leather wrap on  the rear center head piece was not done properly. I will ask them to re-wrap that piece again during 1k servicing. Will also ask them to rectify the steering issue at that time too.

I think the duo points depend on the amount of loan that you took. You can log in to find out how many points you have.

Thanks for the info. Not sure why only this car is like that. My previous cars did not have such issues.

Looks like the steering issue is a common problem on Forester, mine had this issue too but I didn't pay much attention to it. I think must hound the service advisor on this for my next servicing.

Neutral Newbie

$104,800 8 bid NG, her name already mentioned on previous posting. She's the only ones SE who direct me to driver seat & demonstrate

how to adjust the side mirror & driver seat before she seated on passenger seat for test drive ... Not able to reveal free gifts here openly ...

check PM for her CTC ...

Hi bro can pm me the se for this offer. Tq 

Looks like the steering issue is a common problem on Forester, mine had this issue too but I didn't pay much attention to it. I think must hound the service advisor on this for my next servicing.

Any way to check this steering wheel alignment at the showroom before driving off?

On the seat leather wrap, it is a common issue. A member of the Forester facebook group is gathering list of complaints and going to write to MI.

Yes, the sudden muffled reception happens from time to time. Probably due to certain areas of bad reception or 'blind' wave spots. But I'm not too worried as it usually return back its clarity a few seconds later when on the move.

I do not think it's the problem with reception but something else - Personally also experience the same muffled sounds coming from the speakers, whether on radio or using my own MP3 music via Bluetooth.

Quite frustrating as this is not the type of sound system one would expect from a brand new car - anyone has the same issues but managed to resolve it?

(edited)

I do not think it's the problem with reception but something else - Personally also experience the same muffled sounds coming from the speakers, whether on radio or using my own MP3 music via Bluetooth.

Quite frustrating as this is not the type of sound system one would expect from a brand new car - anyone has the same issues but managed to resolve it?

I've tried a few fm channels 98.5, 933 etc. All sounds clear to me. But i normally dun listen to radio but listen on music on my iPhone using Bluetooth. The HK speaker setup sound awesome to me. It's much clearer than the bose system in cx5. Well, it may not be audiophile grade but it's already much better than my creative t4. Bluetooth is good too, no breaking up during Bluetooth transmission unlike my previous sylphy which came with a China brand HU. Overall, very satisfied with the sound system. Edited by mrhan1982

For my case, no issues when playing MP3 or CDs, very clear and bassy. I think it's the digital signal processor for the radio that's causing the intermittent muffled sound. Does not happen all the time, but can definitely hear the difference when it does.

My steering wheel is tilted slightly to the left when driving straight, and the leather wrap on the rear center head piece was not done properly. I will ask them to re-wrap that piece again during 1k servicing. Will also ask them to rectify the steering issue at that time too.

I better do a more thorough check on my leather wrap. Only did a quick check during collection. So far the leather seats look ok. I haven notice anything wrong with the steering wheel.

Today I did my first servicing with mi.

Quite please with it.

They washed my dirty white car and vacuum inside.

Only setback is that I went in the morning and collect about 4-5pm. 1000km servicing.

Just wondering that I should book the earliest time slot that next servicing.

Neutral Newbie

Today I went test drive and interested in a NA.

However all the SE did was quoted the official list price of $113,800

Then $1,000 discount if 6 bids NG

Or $2,000 discount if 8 bids NG

Or $2,000 if trade in.

So the best offer I can get is $$109,800 if I take up 8 bids NG and trade in

Is that normal. I see some Bros here with much cheaper ?

↡ Advertisement