Foreigner with Fake Cert

Little_prince

Supercharged

Did she list the MBA as part of the application?

If so - what if ICA did check and struck it out - can we know that is not the case

(I know how it looks, but is best not to jump to conclusions)

It would be simple to know...

1st clue, if I'm correct IDA only recruits local since it is a government body... (hmmm I can't be sure even being a Singaporean myself)

2nd clue, she work for Marc Software Pte Ltd, Singapore in 2005

3rd clue, she got MBA in 2006 employed by IDA in 2014... so between 2005 - 2014 she may have obtained her citizenship.

So in this case, who will not submit the highest qualification so as to stand a higher chance to gain citizenship?

From my understanding, all foreign qualifications had to be accredited by the relevant embassy to verify their authenticity... (well, I could be wrong again)

Now we know who had been diligently checking the qualities and qualifications of new citizens... "blind" people... I didn't know gov agency is so "charitable" in employing "disabled" people.

Edited by Carnoob
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

How many more w such certificates?

Our worked-hard-for qualifications have been made a joke.

they also worked hard for those qualification hor.....just remember they climbed 4 storey building just to pass the answers to those taking exam....that in itself is hardwork!
  • Praise 3

they also worked hard for those qualification hor.....just remember they climbed 4 storey building just to pass the answers to those taking exam....that in itself is hardwork!

Rofl.. Perhaps we should follow majority? In time to come we'd become minority.

Turbocharged

1. IDA hire PR....I have interviewed there before.

2. All logical assumptions, and they should be refuted with "proof" from ICA and IDA.

3. just don't convict until the answers are out....of course; draw your own inferences from silence

• Praise 2

Reminds me when I hire my FT.

Claims to bring in $50k GP per month, require 2 supporting staffs for his business.

Gave him ($8k++) & his team ($6k++) the salary they request.

First 3 months he cannot hit target, falsified invoices/job files to fool us around.

4th month we decided to tighten him and found out he only made $10k for 3 months.

Made a net lose of $35k in 3 months and we decided to take some legal issue against him.

Found out that he owns bank several Ks and even we win the case we might not be able to get our money back.

Put him in jail doesn't do use any good.

FT are always FT, they think out of the box and do whatever they want.

If caught, just go back home and restart again.

Now I'm working for FT and I also thinking out of the box.

How to avoid work as much as possible.

• Praise 6

Rofl.. Perhaps we should follow majority? In time to come we'd become minority.

i think we oredy minority liao...if consider pr, wp and ep holders as foreigners....hahaha! But i dont think MOM will allow us to climb that high.....above certain height need safety belt or harness hor!

Supercharged

Don't jump the gun

3. Is the degree truly fake (as in no work at all) - or merely from a low quality university, with poor teaching and resources? (all can get, but must still finish course work)

FYI, this Southdon'tknowwhatshit university is non-existent but only have a fake website put up for potential employers to blindly validate the "authenticity" of the certification.

Only people get to know of this fake university and came across this person LinkedIn account who works in IDA and holds this bogus cert.. thats how things started...

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

i dun know about ida side.

but its well known in the construction and engineering sector.

ft with certain degree or watever cert is hire, because laws or rules in singapore require a person holding that certain cert to sign and approve some doc or papers etc.

to by pass this problem, company start to hire ft with VERY VERY high qualification to sign all the paper needed,

and the reason ft is chosen over a local grad every 1 know the answer , their paid is a few times lower,

all they need to do is attend some meeting act like they know the project and sign the paper.

the 1 who is actually doing all the work and know all the stuff is moslty a local diploma holder or a local who dun have meet the qualification set by the authority.

( and to conclude many of these ft have their degree from degree mills , i already know a few who already kenna pok )

Are they same bunch who sign off for the Jurong (new Orchard Road) malls?

Every now and then there for un-un-un-natural disasters one.

It would be simple to know...

1st clue, if I'm correct IDA only recruits local since it is a government body... (hmmm I can't be sure even being a Singaporean myself)

2nd clue, she work for Marc Software Pte Ltd, Singapore in 2005

3rd clue, she got MBA in 2006 employed by IDA in 2014... so between 2005 - 2014 she may have obtained her citizenship.

So in this case, who will not submit the highest qualification so as to stand a higher chance to gain citizenship?

From my understanding, all foreign qualifications had to be accredited by the relevant embassy to verify their authenticity... (well, I could be wrong again)

Now we know who had been diligently checking the qualities and qualifications of new citizens... "blind" people... I didn't know gov agency is so "charitable" in employing "disabled" people.

So accredited by India Embassy???

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Are they same bunch who sign off for the Jurong (new Orchard Road) malls?

Every now and then there for un-un-un-natural disasters one.

So accredited by India Embassy???

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Un-un-un-un-understand... :D

Supersonic

Why would someone with a degree from a "reputable" university want to go to a degree mill to get a MBA ?

What would you think of such a person ?

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

maybe this is just a tip of the iceberk? lol

if they pok this lady , and an example is set, and it happen there are many more same cases inside?

are they going to pok all??

or in chinese saying harden your headskin and insists every thing is normal and all right?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

At the very least, getting a degree mill degree implies a lack of integrity.

At the very least ...

Different strokes standards for different folks.

seriously, how can they still employ someone with integrity issue? does the management aware of such reply?? whether or not she is employed based on the fake cert is secondary! it is not like she is just wearing a fake branded clothes. she can did such things, it speaks a bit about this person integrity, isn't it? really another case that make me lose any slight hope left!

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

IDA DEFENDS DECISION TO HIRE FOREIGNER WITH 'FAKE' DEGREE
Post date:
15 Apr 2015 - 12:00pm
TKInternetSign04112013e.jpg?itok=IcePrp7

[Pic Credit: ST]

Background Story: EXPOSED: IDA HIRED A FOREIGNER WITH A DEGREE FROM A KNOWN DEGREE MILL

After it was exposed by netizens that there is a foreigner working in IDA with a degree from a known degree mill, IDA has responded claiming that the MBA degree obtained from the degree mill did not go toward the decision of the HR department to award the job.

Facebook user Sam Tan had posted to the IDA facebook page questioning them about their hiring policies and the allegations about one of their staff holding a fake degree.

In response, IDA said:

We have investigated and would like to share that Nisha Padmanabhan, a Singapore citizen who joined IDA in 2014, has a Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university and was recruited because of this Bachelor degree, extensive past work experience and good track record.

Nisha pursued an MBA out of personal interest, and it was not a relevant certificate for her position in IDA though she was open about the fact that she had obtained it. Her MBA from Southern Pacific University was not a factor that contributed to her employment at IDA.

In fact, 93.5% of all IDA staff that were hired at the level of Applications Consultant were based on their Bachelor’s degree. We would like to share that Nisha has been a committed team member and contributed in her role as an Applications Consultant for the past year.

We would also like to take this chance to share that IDA selects employees based on a holistic set of criteria which includes their educational qualifications, work experience, individual career aspirations and personality traits.

Essentially, IDA is claiming that when they hired her in 2014, they did not consider her MBA at all. Instead, they only looked at her een older bachelor's degree.

Netizens who read the reply were not too pleased:

WtW8JYB.jpg

What do you think of IDA's reply?

This is the link to her linkedin. https://sg.linkedin.com/in/nishapkp

post-75225-0-15789700-1429169942_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1