RIP Mr Lee Kuan Yew (Wear White/Black This Sunday?)

Thaiyotakamli

Here is the full statement from the State Funeral Organising Committee:

Since the lying in state began at Parliament House on 25 March 2015, there has been a sharp increase in the number of visitors daily. The current estimated queue time to enter Parliament House is now more than 10 hours. As of 27 March, 11 pm, more than 290,000 have paid their respects to the late Mr Lee Kuan Yew at the Parliament House.

We would like to accommodate as many as possible in this overwhelming outpouring of respect and love for Mr Lee Kuan Yew. However, to ensure safety of individuals due to the large crowds and to limit the physical discomfort of the long wait, especially for the elderly and young children, the queue line will be temporarily suspended. We are appealing for patience and understanding as we work to ease the situation. We will inform the public when the queue is open again.

Those wishing to pay respects to Mr Lee can also do so at People’s Association community sites at 18 different locations around Singapore.

We apologise that the queue has to be temporarily suspended but we seek the public’s understanding that this was decided to protect the safety and well-being of those wishing to pay respects to Mr Lee Kuan Yew.

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 1

my family planning to go at 2am, now really don't know what to do next [:(]

Hope you guys out there take care, everywhere's crowded. Keep your kids and family members close together.

go to any of the other 18 community station to pay respect?

Queue until inside raffles city shopping centre!???

Don't think at first they expect so power the response

But the people all came out support

Just like 30 years ago

lky-1955-elections.jpg

Just finished dinner not too long ago and was about to leave home fof the MRT station when the announcement was made. Now waiting for further instructions. Suspension should be for safety reasons bah? I'm disappointed and sad. Well, maybe tomorrow . . hopefully?

• Praise 1

Just do what your heart tell you too. Even really can't queue can also from far point to parliament house tell your kids there is where our great founding father rest.

already did, but still prefer to pay last tribute at Parliament House

go to any of the other 18 community station to pay respect?

• Praise 3

Buy lee kuan yew book and teach kids what he has done, what he would do if he was your kid, what lessons can learn

• Praise 4

expected big crowd tonight, I am prepared to queue for 12 hours, but never expect the suspension

Same here bro. Decided not to drive and take MRT instead but now .....

• Praise 1

already did, but still prefer to pay last tribute at Parliament House

that's what most people think. My colleagues went straight after work but I came back home to fetch my son.

Maybe go later like around 3-4am?

Safety first. If some kancheong spiders start to cause panic, a stampede may happen.

yes, safety first. this government works on pragmatic principles which LKY would have approved.

come to think of it, this really is the biggest ever event in singapore history.

• Praise 1

wanted to go after dinner, but wifey said no diff to go at 2am. I told her it could be 12 hours if we go at wee hours, now is even worse :mellow:

that's what most people think. My colleagues went straight after work but I came back home to fetch my son.

This Sunday confirm the road side full house, especially those bridges

Those wanna go, sat night siang hoh camp there Liao

Better wear adult diaper, take

Power bank, water, combat ration, camera, Penadol, axe oil, combat boots, sin glasses, poncho, jungle hat,

yes, safety first. this government works on pragmatic principles which LKY would have approved.

come to think of it, this really is the biggest ever event in singapore history.

Nothing like this before

Think never will like this ever again

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1