Military talk thread

macrosszero

S korea vs japan, japan would be stronger especially their naval strength equally strong as china.

I think the Japanese NAVY (LJ what self defence force, play with names, just like their 22k ton 'destroyer') is the 2nd strongest navy after the USN.

And compared to the Koreans and PLAN, at least they have tradition dating from the IJN (i.e. veterans to train the new ones and so on to pass down actual experience even if at least 3-4 gen of sailors liao).

If say the PLAN went against them head to head (just navy vs navy alone) right now, I would put money on Japan winning heavily.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I think the Japanese NAVY (LJ what self defence force, play with names, just like their 22k ton 'destroyer') is the 2nd strongest navy after the USN.

And compared to the Koreans and PLAN, at least they have tradition dating from the IJN (i.e. veterans to train the new ones and so on to pass down actual experience even if at least 3-4 gen of sailors liao).

If say the PLAN went against them head to head (just navy vs navy alone) right now, I would put money on Japan winning heavily.

Japan know for enemy to attack had to cross sea thats why the navy is strongest in asia

If talking about air force or army, korea might be stronger than japan

Turbocharged

The funny part is they can sell submarines to other countries like Australia.

Me me me

Account name yuwin88 lol

But never win one, kns. Got a few tank in garage only.

Namely: T54, Tiger 1, M6 and 2 level 4 tanks.

So best play using level X

But i am on the wrong track. Russian T62 tank for level X is the weakest tank among all lol

I cannot tell the T series tanks apart from one another. More used to Americans using the M suffix.

Still grinding on my Russian heavies currently at Tier 7. Gave up on American TD after reaching Tier 7. Bought a Fury becos of Brad Pitt. It kind of sucks. 😂😂

• Praise 1

I cannot tell the T series tanks apart from one another. More used to Americans using the M suffix.

Still grinding on my Russian heavies currently at Tier 7. Gave up on American TD after reaching Tier 7. Bought a Fury becos of Brad Pitt. It kind of sucks. 😂😂

Fury is sucks

T1 heavy better haha

T series all have thin armor so enemy will aim first

Turbocharged
(edited)

On to real tanks.

Russian Armor Extreme Makeover!

Russia finally unveil their new lineup of Armor vehicles!

The new Armata chassis greatly overcome the logistical challenges of other armies where different armored vehicles are based on different chassis and thus have different maintenance regimes.

Of course the drawback is once a weakness in the chassis is discover, it can be exploited to all their vehicles.

armata.si.jpg

T-14 Armata

t2.jpg

Boomerang wheel APC

t4.jpg

t5.jpg

Kurganets-25 IFV and APC

t3.jpg

Koalitsiya-SV Self propelled Artillery

t6.jpg

Kornet-D ATGM

CEK596XUgAAmxPf.jpg

T-15 IFV, possibly Amphibious

Edited by Pocus

Using the same chassis for an MBT and and SPA and IFV etc etc.

Does the MBT version rely a lot on add-mon armor modules then?

Same engine? Wouldn't that make the IFV version really high power-to-weight ratio?

Turbocharged
(edited)

Using the same chassis for an MBT and and SPA and IFV etc etc.

Does the MBT version rely a lot on add-mon armor modules then?

Same engine? Wouldn't that make the IFV version really high power-to-weight ratio?

Your guess is as good as mine. I presume the while the base chassis is similar, there are still certain difference for different roles, perhaps the the MBT's front hill is thicker than the rest and the engine mount of the IFV is different location to cater for rear space.

In terms of logistics I guess most parts are still common and modular but not all. I'm sure you still can't mount a MBT turret to the IFV base.

Power wise I believe the engines may be of different output or even size but mounted on standard powerpacks. No point having a fast IFV while the MBT a can't keep up.

Edited by Pocus

Another RSAF Viper upgrade:

Media/Public Contact:
Transmittal No:
15-21

WASHINGTON, May 7, 2015 - The State Department has made a determination approving a possible Foreign Military Sale to Singapore for the F-16 Block 52 Upgrade Program and associated equipment, parts and logistical support for an estimated cost of $130 million. The Defense Security Cooperation Agency delivered the required certification notifying Congress of this possible sale on May 5, 2015.

The Government of Singapore has requested a possible sale for the upgrade of 60 F-16C/D/D+ aircraft. The upgrades will address reliability, supportability, and combat effectiveness concerns associated with its aging F-16 fleet. This proposed sale contains additional requirements not previously identified in congressional notification 13-67. Items included in the proposed sale are 50 Joint Helmet-Mounted Cueing System, 90 AN/APX-126 Advanced Identification Friend or Foe Interrogator/Transponders, 150 LAU-129 Missile Launchers, 8 KMU-572/B 500lbs Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM) Tail Kits, 9 KMU-556/B 2000lbs JDAM Tail Kits, 2 FMU-152 Munition Fuze Units, 10 MK-82 500lbs Inert Bombs, 3 MK-84 2000lbs Inert Bombs, 12 LN-260 Embedded Global Positioning System/Inertial Navigation Systems (GPS/INS), 20 GBU-39/B Small Diameter Bombs (SDB), 92 Link-16 Multifunctional Information Distribution System/ Low Volume Terminals (MIDS/LVT), 2 SDB Guided Test Vehicles, Computer Control Group and Tail Assembly for GBU-49, DSU-38/40 Proximity Sensor for JDAM, GBU-39 Tactical training Round, ADU-890/E and 891 Adaptor Group for Common Munitions Built-In-Test/Reprogramming Equipment, Encryption/Decryption devise, MIDS/LVT Ground Support Station, spare and repair parts, repair and return, support equipment, publications and technical documentation, personnel training and training equipment, tool and test equipment, U.S. Government and contractor engineering, technical and logistics support services, and other related elements of program and logistics support. The estimated cost is $130 million.

This proposed sale contributes to the foreign policy and national security of the United States by increasing the ability of the Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) to support regional security. The proposed sale improves the security of a strategic partner which has been, and continues to be, an important force for political stability and economic progress in the Asia-Pacific region.

The proposed upgrade improves both the capabilities and reliability of the RSAF’s aging fleet of F-16s. The improved capability, survivability, and reliability of the newly upgraded F-16s will enhance the RSAF’s ability to defend its borders and contribute to coalition operations. The RSAF will have no difficulty absorbing this additional equipment and support into its armed forces.

The proposed sale of this equipment and support will not alter the basic military balance in the region.

The principal contractors will be:
The Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company Fort Worth, Texas
BAE Advanced Systems Greenland, New York
Boeing Integrated Defense Systems St Louis, Missouri
ITT Defense Electronics and Services McLean, Virginia
ITT Integrated Structures North Amityville, New York
ITT Night Vision Roanoke, Virginia
L3 Communications Arlington, Texas
Lockheed Martin Missile and Fire Control Dallas, Texas
Lockheed Martin Simulation, Training, and Support Fort Worth, Texas
Northrop-Grumman Electro-Optical Systems Garland, Texas
Northrop-Grumman Election Systems Baltimore, Maryland
The Raytheon Company Goleta, California
Raytheon Missile Systems Tucson, Arizona

There are no known offset agreements proposed in connection with this potential sale.

Implementation of the sale will not require the assignment of any additional U.S. Government or contractor representatives to Singapore.

There will be no adverse impact on U.S. defense readiness as a result of this proposed sale.

This notice of a potential sale is required by law and does not mean the sale has been concluded.

All questions regarding this proposed Foreign Military Sale should be directed to the State Department's Bureau of Political Military Affairs, Office of Congressional and Public Affairs, [email protected].

-30-

(Source: http://www.dsca.mil/major-arms-sales/singapore-f-16-block-52-upgrade-program )

Turbocharged
(edited)

since weapons are all destructive, why are chemical/dirty bombs so much more persecuted than others?

i mean u really wanted to kill say a battalion, just drop 1 anthrax bomb n all die wat... same as a tomahawk cruise missile right?

Edited by Duckduck

since weapons are all destructive, why are chemical/dirty bombs so much more persecuted than others?

i mean u really wanted to kill say a battalion, just drop 1 anthrax bomb n all die wat... same as a tomahawk cruise missile right?

I think its different. Nowadays, moving towards precision targeting n destory. Not mass destruction where innocent lives are taken.

Hypersonic

somehow dying by a bullet or shrapnel is culturally more accepted. Just like a sword through your guts hundreds of years ago i guess.

Anyway after watching the video of the syrians being gassed by sarin, i have to say it's really damn emotionally disturbing.

Yes having people blown out with their guts and brains exposed will be even more "acceptable" to me.

Turbocharged
(edited)

somehow dying by a bullet or shrapnel is culturally more accepted. Just like a sword through your guts hundreds of years ago i guess.

Anyway after watching the video of the syrians being gassed by sarin, i have to say it's really damn emotionally disturbing.

Yes having people blown out with their guts and brains exposed will be even more "acceptable" to me.

yes how is a precision strike bomb more acceptable than a dirty bomb? theres no guarantee of zero innocent collateral damage...

dirty bombs r so much cheaper to make n theyre at least hundred yr tech... been used since WW1...

if we wanted to stop a ground force moving forward towards us, just gas the whole area n nobody wld dare to move there.

Edited by Duckduck

Turbocharged

no sure if that place bombed by dirty bombs will still be liveable after the bombing?

maybe this is one of the consideration just like nuke.

Supersonic

yes how is a precision strike bomb more acceptable than a dirty bomb? theres no guarantee of zero innocent collateral damage...

dirty bombs r so much cheaper to make n theyre at least hundred yr tech... been used since WW1...

if we wanted to stop a ground force moving forward towards us, just gas the whole area n nobody wld dare to move there.

That's your real answer.

It is cheaper and low tech so it allows many poorer countries a significant boost. Richer countries want to maintain their advantage by all means possible and in this case, they make it politically unviable for poorer countries to use these weapons.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

napalm is also quite cruel.

Imagine being napalmed or flame thrower-ed

ultimately no nice way to kill a person.

But i still agree ban on chemical/biological weapons. Illogical but that's how i feel.

Turbocharged

Me me me

Account name yuwin88 lol

But never win one, kns. Got a few tank in garage only.

Namely: T54, Tiger 1, M6 and 2 level 4 tanks.

So best play using level X

But i am on the wrong track. Russian T62 tank for level X is the weakest tank among all lol

Bro, you play on android or on PC?

Which track is the best? I also using Russian Tank.. alamak.

which country the best tank?

I am on android.. can join group?

Turbocharged

Anti-personnel mines are ban too but still not as cruel as chemical weapon.

↡ Advertisement