2015 Secondary School Ranking

UncleWolve

Sending kids to "GOOD" schools...  

37 members have voted

1. 1.

• YES it's impt as it will decide how well the kid will grow up
    • NO it doesn't matter what's more impt are the parents
    • YES it's Impt cos everyone is doing it
    • YES it's Impt cos it's like owning a BMW - STATUS !

I dunno how many private sessions I had. Sec 1 with Chen Si Kok, Sec 2 with Fat Thomson, Sec 3-4 with Bro Byrne.

ora et labora. oh ya....i remembered that.

Up to Sec 2, I was quite OK. Sec 3......I always had private sessions with Mr Tang....

Oh well, nowadays, fund raising until I lost count :)

same here - St Michael's, SJI and CJC. But not active on SJIOBA ... did donate some money several years ago though when the OBA collected money to sponsor kids from some village in PH to study. I think I gave enough to cover one kid's school fees for a year. Dunno what happened to that initiative after that.

Old location was the best.. SCGS, SAC, MGS all sapu. Always take 140/168 loop around Orchard road.

Grad in 87 batch. Last batch in Bras Basah. U same batch meh?

Best 4 years of my life.

Similar path ... lol .... SABS to SJI but to Poly after that ... I would assume that you left SJI in the 1980s ... similar batch too.

I just met up some mates last year after 30 years and it was a great session. The brotherhood will always be there ...

I went by the old premise in Bras Basah recently and the memories were flowing back .... I missed those days ... one of the best 4 years in my life.

↡ Advertisement

Old location was the best.. SCGS, SAC, MGS all sapu. Always take 140/168 loop around Orchard road.

Grad in 87 batch. Last batch in Bras Basah. U same batch meh?

Best 4 years of my life.

I am older than you. Grad 82 batch. Other than SAC, MGS there was of course IJ Town Convent. How can you forget that?

Plus laughing at the Catholic High upper sec boys in their shorts while we have pants! ha ha

We fought with the Cat High boys whahahahaha say they chow geng and they buay song. So we said lai lor.. all hell broke loose.

I am older than you. Grad 82 batch. Other than SAC, MGS there was of course IJ Town Convent. How can you forget that?

Plus laughing at the Catholic High upper sec boys in their shorts while we have pants! ha ha

Edited by Achtung

Ya lah ... how could he forget about our favorite Convent .... I was just 1 batch after u ... 83.

Twincharged

Now the Cat high boys still wearing shorts. Lol. Principal gave us a chance and asked us to vote for shorts or pants and everyone still wanted the shorts...

they never bluff ma

if a kid is smart,all school is the same one

regardless go which school

Well,like I said in IB thread, normal students cannot perform in PSLE doesnt mean anything..

Last few days ..see whats the average score for IBs results here?? we are 1 of the highest in the world

got a student PSLE at 229 got 44/45 points...any uni also can go around the world..some school average 1 in 2 with score 36/45

I just tell my son, start the list beginning with the nearest. The further u go, the less sleep u will get. Am I a bo chap parent? :huh:

• Praise 1

Wow bro... thats a big claim, unless the properties you talking about not in SG.

Can name at least 1 of them? Google should be able to back your claim.

10 properties is not a big claim but rather common in the business world.

If they are fully paid then its a different story.

Whao, you all so passionate about your old schools. I never step inside my primary and secondary schools after graduation.

Last time, my bo lang wanna study primary school is an elite neighbourhood school now.

Both primary and secondary schools mottos fortunately or unfortunately don't have those cheesy simi strive for excellence, study hard themes, etc. Even the school badge also don't feature any books, pens/pencils, or torch lights. :D

Primary school one is one big sun rise from the sea background. Secondary is many semi-cricles big and small tio trapped inside a square box. [laugh]

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

Wow bro... thats a big claim, unless the properties you talking about not in SG.

Can name at least 1 of them? Google should be able to back your claim.

yalah property in laos n cambodia maybe? lolz

some are really resilient especially those from the not so good background. Give them a piece of jungle and they turn it into shangri la with the rich paying just to be there!

Education is not just about making money lah. So what have 10 properties and behave like ah beng? No one see you up also. Like Mark Lee for media corp.

10 properties is not a big claim but rather common in the business world.

If they are fully paid then its a different story.

I also own 10 global MNC shares:)

Education is not just about making money lah. So what have 10 properties and behave like ah beng? No one see you up also. Like Mark Lee for media corp.

to be frank.....i prefer my ahbeng friends....they dont carry a hidden knives and are true to their friend and when did i say education is about making money.....i said they are more resilient and i think Mark Lee dont even care what you think and call him! Calling other people names without knowing them show a lot of your character. Edited by Eviilusion
  • Praise 3

errr why they still come out with this type of ranking when they say ALL School are Good Schools???

Maybe they should say.... ALL schools are Good Schools but some are BETTER!!!! (or bestest) [rolleyes]

errr why they still come out with this type of ranking when they say ALL School are Good Schools???

Maybe they should say.... ALL schools are Good Schools but some are BETTER!!!! (or bestest) [rolleyes]

This ranking don't come from MOE, is from a tuition centre.

• Praise 1

This ranking don't come from MOE, is from a tuition centre.

OIC.... but then how this tuition centre come up with the ranking.... unless they got inside info???

Or they suka suka one.... since they will claim their students come from the Top 3 ranking school....

OIC.... but then how this tuition centre come up with the ranking.... unless they got inside info???

Or they suka suka one.... since they will claim their students come from the Top 3 ranking school....

Tuition centres are usually runned by former teachers.....usually the have kangtao one!
↡ Advertisement