2015 Secondary School Ranking

UncleWolve

Sending kids to "GOOD" schools...  

37 members have voted

1. 1.

• YES it's impt as it will decide how well the kid will grow up
    • NO it doesn't matter what's more impt are the parents
    • YES it's Impt cos everyone is doing it
    • YES it's Impt cos it's like owning a BMW - STATUS !

Twincharged

How come? Falling demand? Bo lang ai tuck chek? All wanna be handymen, hairdressers in the neo econome?

it's normal, especially more so for girls. Something to do with early and late developers.

The article mention cuz of smaller cohort size? So I guess cuz birthrate has been dropping. Singporeans are funny, they complain about having more and more foreigners in Singapore but they don't want to have more kids so we do not need so many foreigners.

How come? Falling demand? Bo lang ai tuck chek? All wanna be handymen, hairdressers in the neo econome?

it's normal, especially more so for girls. Something to do with early and late developers.

The article mention cuz of smaller cohort size? So I guess cuz birthrate has been dropping. Singporeans are funny, they complain about having more and more foreigners in Singapore but they don't want to have more kids so we do not need so many foreigners.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

The problem is under subscription to the schools n the surrounding area. Everyone wants to get into the elite/popular schools, so those schools class size and number of classes have being expanding... 

Cohort size same, but 80% zoom in to popular schools, some schools that are not close to mass housing or have poor reputation don't get enough students.

Edited by Limwsv
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

I don't think so.

They are just contented to go to a lower pressure environment. Big fish in a small pond.

These pple will do ok, but never rise to the top.

From my personal observation.

Slow cooking make the food taste better. Fast food high pressure not healthy. You are right. These people seldom get to the TOP but usually live longer. Those get to the TOP under fast food high pressure don't normally last Long.

So all depends la.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

22 schools to merge, to save some money and get rid of teachers.

No la. More likely Sporeans not being making enuf luve. Many prefer raise dogs than have kids. Hmmm.. Maybe I start dog school rent one of those empty school.

On a more serious note.. Am worried for our national Defence. Annual NS enlistment will plunge soon. Gosh!

• Praise 1

Another way of looking at it, getting to the top quick means using steroids aka forcing high pressure air into a 1.4L engine to achieve high horsepower and torque but end up with chiu piston.

On the other hand, slow and steady with N.A engine although a bit slower but got more stamina to last longer.

Slow cooking make the food taste better. Fast food high pressure not healthy. You are right. These people seldom get to the TOP but usually live longer. Those get to the TOP under fast food high pressure don't normally last Long.

So all depends la.

(edited)

Another way of looking at it, getting to the top quick means using steroids aka forcing high pressure air into a 1.4L engine to achieve high horsepower and torque but end up with chiu piston.

On the other hand, slow and steady with N.A engine although a bit slower but got more stamina to last longer.

So all depends la.

Edited by No_worries
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

There are 170 schools.

They should merge 17 schools into 1 and there will only be 10 schools.

In this way, "Every school is a good school" becomes a reality as everyone could claim that he is from "Top 10" school in Singapore.

Edited by Albeniz
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

22 schools to merge, to save some money and get rid of teachers.

Save money, yes, because of less electric bill, no need to maintain the buildings anymore, etc.

Get rid of teachers, no, the permanent ones will be re-deployed.  The flexi-adjunct and relief teachers will be the first to be 'chopped'.

• Praise 1

There are 170 schools.

They should merge 17 schools into 1 and there will only be 10 schools.

In this way, "Every school is a good school" becomes a reality as everyone could claim that he is from "Top 10" school in Singapore.

That's a good one, haha.

Actually I think they should create sister schools for the schools with strong branding, like Rgps (punggol) or nanyang (east/west etc) primary school. Take this chance to reduce class sizes. There's economics of scale too, no need redesign school uniform, use same exam papers etc.

• Praise 1

No la. More likely Sporeans not being making enuf luve. Many prefer raise dogs than have kids. Hmmm.. Maybe I start dog school rent one of those empty school.

On a more serious note.. Am worried for our national Defence. Annual NS enlistment will plunge soon. Gosh!

defence budget also plunge ?  :D

• Praise 7

That's a good one, haha.

Actually I think they should create sister schools for the schools with strong branding, like Rgps (punggol) or nanyang (east/west etc) primary school. Take this chance to reduce class sizes. There's economics of scale too, no need redesign school uniform, use same exam papers etc.

I always thought Tao Nan should be relocated to Punggol...

1. It will bring up the house prices of this backwater new town almost immediately.

2. There are more young families with school-going children in Punggol.

3. Marine Parade will not suffer from the loss of one brand name school. They have their sea view and location.

There, you have just created dunno how much value in Singapore.

Turbocharged
(edited)

That's a good one, haha.

Reminds me of ACS. There are 2. One is "Independent" located at Dover while the other one is at Barker, Bukit Timah.

Similarly, we can have 10 RIs spread across Singapore. RI(Sentosa), RI (Aljunied), RI (Potong Pasir), RI(Sembawang), RI(Bukit Gombak), RI (Yishun), RI(woodlands), RI (Redhill), RI (Hougang) and RI (Bukit Panjang).

This way, everyone graduates from RI and every school is a good school.

Edited by Albeniz
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

education industry jialat

Sure or not? So many tuition teachers become millionaires leh.

education industry jialat

• Praise 1

Pie shrinking liao

Those that can get employed by rich parents will huat to the max

Bottom no pie

↡ Advertisement