My pork chops. From 梅花肉. Only covered with cake flour. No breadcrumbs

Not bad. 7/10.

20160403_133415.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9

My pork chops. From 梅花肉. Only covered with cake flour. No breadcrumbs

Not bad. 7/10.

20160403_133415.jpg

Yummm....What is this cut of pork called in English?

• Praise 4

(edited)

Yummm....What is this cut of pork called in English?

Mei Hua rou is the pork shoulder/pork butt/boston butt (US terminology). 

Locally it's called wu hua rou. But it's confusing cos for China and Taiwan, wu hua rou is actually pork belly (which we call san cheng rou here).

Traditionally pork chops are made from loin meat (yao1 rou4). But this is leftover meat and the queue at butcher is long today so i just used leftovers.

Edited by Lala81

Mei Hua rou is the pork shoulder/pork butt/boston butt (US terminology).

Locally it's called wu hua rou. But it's confusing cos for China and Taiwan, wu hua rou is actually pork belly (which we call san cheng rou here).

Traditionally pork chops are made from loin meat (yao1 rou4). But this is leftover meat and the queue at butcher is long today so i just used leftovers.

If you get a really good piece, tell the butcher to slice it against grain to get petal shaped slices(look a bit like mei hua from cross section). Coat with cracker crumb and deep fry it. I find it better than many better cut because the fat to lean ration is really good resulting in very tender pork chop even if you overcook it slightly.
  • Praise 4

Home made and cook 锅貼。

Tok gong!  [thumbsup]

If you get a really good piece, tell the butcher to slice it against grain to get petal shaped slices(look a bit like mei hua from cross section). Coat with cracker crumb and deep fry it. I find it better than many better cut because the fat to lean ration is really good resulting in very tender pork chop even if you overcook it slightly.

I'm quite new to all this, so i know in theory which cuts are what. But frankly just looks like hunks of meat to me lol.

I think my neighbourhood butcher is at most average type.

Twincharged
(edited)

High Tea at TEDDY & ME marina square shopping mall.

Bro, you sure dont behave like a sing ka po Lang..... Go hi tea/ shopping also bring a camera along.

Just kidding.. Have a nice weekend :)

Edited by Credor
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

Preparing this for dinner...

For those bros interested in making the 水餃 / 鍋貼, you can buy the very good quality skin from Sheng Siong supermarket.

At the fridge noodle portion look for 台塆水餃皮.

I don't know how to make the skin, the skin is bought from there. Those skin from NTUC is not nice.

• Praise 1

Bro, you sure dont behave like a sing ka po Lang..... Go hi tea/ shopping also bring a camera along.

Just kidding.. Have a nice weekend :)

Yes,I am a "mari kita" Singer, brought camera to capture marina square garden festival exhibition.

Honestly, I do feel like a foreigner in my own home country with uncountable migrated strangers faces and different voices wherever we go.

• Praise 3

Twincharged
(edited)

Yes,I am a "mari kita" Singer, brought camera to capture marina square garden festival exhibition.

Honestly, I do feel like a foreigner in my own home country with uncountable migrated strangers faces and different voices wherever we go.

Side track a bit... How the garden festival exhibitions? Edited by Credor
  • Praise 4

For those bros interested in making the 水餃 / 鍋貼, you can buy the very good quality skin from Sheng Siong supermarket.

At the fridge noodle portion look for 台塆水餃皮.

I don't know how to make the skin, the skin is bought from there. Those skin from NTUC is not nice.

Wah thanks. I was just going to ask that.

• Praise 1