Utilities bill for 3-room HDB

Bluepica

what's the temp settings on your aircon and fridge?

room 1 - 26

room 2 - 24

window casement - 22

fridge low (both freezer n fridge)

↡ Advertisement

my wife when we first moved in, was looking at our electricity bill. Then ask me how come more than her parent's place. Also 5 room and my in laws in all the time.

I say u want to switch on AC, don't expect a bill <100 dollars even if we are not in the house most of the time.

• Praise 1

Normal days :

Mon to Sun, 1 AC on in master bedroom from 8pm - 9am

Sat, 1 AC on occasionally in noon.

Average bills = $150+

1 month during my wife confinement :

MBR AC on 24/7...

2nd BR on @ night, occasionally during daytime

That month bill = $400+

Head count : 3 adults & 2 kids

[dizzy]

Yeah I also say.

Ok... long time back, I was living in my fathers 2br condo while he stayed in his other flat. My family consumption then with 2 kids was always higher than $350/month. But this place gets very hot and not very breezy so 3 splits was running almost 24/7 cos of my young kids.

Later on, I move away to my own place and mum and dad move to the smaller condo after selling their older flat. But dad never use AC that much - only a few hours before going to bed - but still his bills were about 350$ :D

He got pissed off and scolded SP services after a few months. They sent a technician over and afterwards gave a credit for 400$ in his next bill. After that, his bills are in the 100-150 range.

What I think happened... whoever takes the meter reading every other month, didn't bother doing it... just cooked up some numbers. Dad moves in... not a new account, so the fella didn't know no. of people have reduced. So bill remains the same. What do you think?

Turbocharged

we used 2 inverter aircon and 1 window casement unit everynight. instant water heater.

600 kWh a month for these ; about there lah. Given that many 3rm flats do not have air conditioning , your consumption when compared to national average will be much higher .

Your window unit may be a guzzler ; and the temperature setting of your AC plays a part too .

• Praise 2

Ok... long time back, I was living in my fathers 2br condo while he stayed in his other flat. My family consumption then with 2 kids was always higher than $350/month. But this place gets very hot and not very breezy so 3 splits was running almost 24/7 cos of my young kids.

Later on, I move away to my own place and mum and dad move to the smaller condo after selling their older flat. But dad never use AC that much - only a few hours before going to bed - but still his bills were about 350$ :D

He got pissed off and scolded SP services after a few months. They sent a technician over and afterwards gave a credit for 400$ in his next bill. After that, his bills are in the 100-150 range.

What I think happened... whoever takes the meter reading every other month, didn't bother doing it... just cooked up some numbers. Dad moves in... not a new account, so the fella didn't know no. of people have reduced. So bill remains the same. What do you think?

I have to look at the bill again but there is quite a lot of variance month-to-month. Some months its in the low 100s but the last one at 160ish is the highest I've seen so far.

• Praise 2

But I submitted my own reading every month :(

any chances of meter problem?

But I submitted my own reading every month :(

any chances of meter problem?

I'd say try cutting down on one AC unit for a month and seeing. Or both if possible. As others have pointed out... your AC usage is high right

• Praise 2

I'd say try cutting down on one AC unit for a month and seeing. Or both if possible. As others have pointed out... your AC usage is high right

Yes!.. year end coming, cold weather, will try during that period...

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Better to compare units of usage rather than dollar value.

My usage for 2 adult humans and 6 cats in Sep 14:

Electricity - 242 kWh (generally around 180 - 200 kWh monthly if never use aircon but as Sep is hot, I think I turned on 1 aircon blower for ~20 days for 6.5 hours each time set at 25 degrees.)

Water - 8.2 cubic m (4 to 5 full loads per week + 4 showers per day)

Gas - 62 kWh (only use 5 times per week for breakfast + occasional meals + 4 showers per day as my heater is gas operated)

My electricity and water consumption patterns have been consistent for the past 14 years over 2 different addresses.

But I think my gas usage is a little on the high side since I switched to gas water heater (national average only 88 units). I used LPG gas tanks last time and 1 tank (~$30+) can last me 12 months if I only cook breakfast and the occasional meal.

• Praise 2

My bills are always seems to be above national average every month. electricity alone cost as high as 600units monthly ! water and gas are still acceptable. we used 2 inverter aircon and 1 window casement unit everynight. instant water heater. cold water washing machine daily and a fridge, that's all.... the rest of the appliances consumption are quite negligible... I've started to monitor 24hrs usage because the bill has been climbing monthly and I really can't narrow down to what's really going on..

I heard my friend staying in 3-room, with daily aircon usage only pays like less than $100 for monthly overall bill

what's you 3-room utilities bill like?

this is MCF leh. ppl here where got stay 3 room flat.

3 Bedroom penthouse probably got quite a few lah.

you'd be better off asking your question in HWZ

hahaha

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

For me is 4 rm. Last time only me and wifey, 80 to 90 monthly. AC only few nights per month and hardly cook.

Now got 1 baby, Bill doubled to 190 to 210 monthly

Baby rm AC every night, cook baby food and use more water/gas.

Don't underestimate gas!

• Praise 2

hahaha

dont like that leehhh.... i stay 3rm flat... [laugh]

• Praise 1

My bills are always seems to be above national average every month. electricity alone cost as high as 600units monthly ! water and gas are still acceptable. we used 2 inverter aircon and 1 window casement unit everynight. instant water heater. cold water washing machine daily and a fridge, that's all.... the rest of the appliances consumption are quite negligible... I've started to monitor 24hrs usage because the bill has been climbing monthly and I really can't narrow down to what's really going on..

I heard my friend staying in 3-room, with daily aircon usage only pays like less than $100 for monthly overall bill

what's you 3-room utilities bill like?

I'm paying abt $180-$200 per month. 1 inverter and 1 water heater.

Most of the time are fans.

Water kills... having 5 members showering ... Hahahah :)

hahaha

Hahahah :)

Don't like that lah... I staying in 3-Rm flat in the east :)

Cosy regardless of the size :))

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1