Cyclists kena summon (bedok/sportshub)

RadX

It is possible your saw one of the handcyclists instead, which is why he/she was accompanied by road cyclists to maintain visibility/safety.

Don't tink so. But any form also dangerous. The place they were at was from Xilin Road towards Changi Coast ard there, n there got lots of blind spot man. Not to mention big trucks carrying sand.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

The chap I saw was alone and definitely using his leg to cycle.

I tried those recumbents before. Alot more stable than a normal bicycle but then I didn't feel safe cuz the only thing making me visible was a flag I put on a pole behind the bicycle.

I tried those recumbents before. Alot more stable than a normal bicycle but then I didn't feel safe cuz the only thing making me visible was a flag I put on a pole behind the bicycle.

What about manoeuvrability? And from that angle are you able to turn your head to check for other vehicles before making turns?

Twincharged

What about manoeuvrability? And from that angle are you able to turn your head to check for other vehicles before making turns?

Maneuverability about the same as normal bicycle. I felt turning back to look is alot easier though. Plus I had alot more places where I could mount mirrors to look behind as well. Only thing was I didn't like how low I was and the only thing that was easily seen by the drivers was the flag and LED light I put on the pole.

• Praise 1

Maneuverability about the same as normal bicycle. I felt turning back to look is alot easier though. Plus I had alot more places where I could mount mirrors to look behind as well. Only thing was I didn't like how low I was and the only thing that was easily seen by the drivers was the flag and LED light I put on the pole.

Jst imagine, how can a big Truck driving so high up able to really notice the flag or blinker (which of course they shld) n if they miss see the flag so how...... I will say "God bless the cyclist".

• Praise 6

Im wondering if their summon got par geh bo? Only TP can issue summon if I'm not wrong. Who are these people in civilian from??

why not par geh? TC can summon motorbikes illegal park at void deck. can summon you if you any how dump things..

all govt agency can summon you one..

but when you need help..... NNB..

• Praise 1

@little_prince I forgive u cz u serving nation lol... If not send u u down w the rest and close gates

Search hor

• Praise 2

why not par geh? TC can summon motorbikes illegal park at void deck. can summon you if you any how dump things..

all govt agency can summon you one..

but when you need help..... NNB..

I'm asking cause must be under what act then can summon. Like employer never pay salary will be under employment act. Traffic violation will be under road traffic act. Cycling in town council under what act? Town council act?

I'm asking cause must be under what act then can summon. Like employer never pay salary will be under employment act. Traffic violation will be under road traffic act. Cycling in town council under what act? Town council act?

does it matter? the most they tomorrow draw up a new act.. also gotta pay..

Bro.........the place belong to town council.............which belong to zhenghu.............zhenghu say summon tio summon lor............law can always come out anytime they want mah...............just like no smoking at kopi tiam except the yellow box area...........they can put under NEA...........they can put under town council...........they can also put under MOH.........suka zhenghu put..............the end result same................you smoke tio catch tio summon lor............

we talking to zhenghu.............is their law no our law lor............. [laugh] [laugh]

Read properly. By-law of Town Council.

Unreasonable to 'saman' cyclists? East Coast Town Council explains why it has to be done

Posted on 26 August 2014 | 109 views | 1 comments

cyclingfine.jpg

PHOTO: ECTC Facebook Page

For the first time, a joint enforcement operation by the East Coast Town Council (ECTC) and the police on Thursday (Aug 21) fined 11 people $100 each for cycling illegally.

This came after warning letters by the town council and police advisories asking cyclists to dismount and push their bicycles in pedestrian-only areas such as walkways went ignored for the past three years.

According to The New Paper via AsiaOne, Bedok residents are glad that something is finally being done about the problem of reckless cyclists.

Madam Kelly Ho, 58, was hit by cyclists at Bedok Town Centre three times this year.

Once, she even saw a seven-year-old boy get hit by a cyclist. In Madam Ho's case, she ended up exchanging words with the cyclists.

She told the paper:

"One cyclist even scolded me after he hit me. He told me that this was not my grandfather's road."

She tried to call the police as cycling is not allowed in these areas. But the cyclists always rode off before she could do so.

"Ever since I got hit by them, I have been suffering from back pain. I have to go to the doctor for treatment, paying around $80 each time.

"Why can't they just dismount and push their bikes?"

Madam Ho is not the only one frustrated at the sheer number of cyclists at Bedok Town Centre, a popular shopping precinct with high pedestrian traffic.

Madam Gopal Panjawarnam, 65, said she was hit from the back by a cyclist while crossing the road last month.

Mr Clement Chew, 33, said: "They have no concern for anyone but themselves. There is no law and order.

"Every time I see a cyclist riding recklessly, I will tell them to stop as there are children here.

"But some will argue that we don't know how to take care of our children."

However, the summons angered many cyclists and netizens.

On the ECTC Facebook post showing pictures people getting 'summoned', scathing remarks have surfaced.

Cycling group SG Cyclistss said: "What were you thinking, East Coast Town Council? What do you expect the cyclist to do? Fly? Levitate?"

Many users have expressed concerns that they are unaware that cycling in the town centre is against regulations.

Avid cyclist Eddie Lim, who is a member of cycling group LoveCyclingSG, said: "By simply enforcing a fine, (the East Coast Town Council) is not educating us about where to cycle.

"It is not reasonable to expect us to know where we can cycle because cyclists can come from any part of Singapore.

"It is just creating more misconceptions about cycling here and it might end up deterring cycling itself."

The 31-year-old was upset that the town council had decided to fine cyclists without public consultation.

The ECTC spokesman clarified their actions:

"The town council and the police have been faithfully issuing warnings and advisories during their joint enforcement action every month. Despite their efforts, it (cycling illegally) has gone undeterred."

On average, the town council received four to five complaints about cyclists each month, he said.

"Some were even hit-and-run cases. There were also cases of unreported accidents. Many accidents in these cases involved senior citizens, children and even pregnant ladies.

"Hence, the town council, together with the police, has been asked to act to prevent such accidents that may result in serious injuries and even loss of lives if nothing is done," the spokesman said.

"The town council is not against cycling on the road pavements leading to the Bedok Town Centre.

"Those cyclists who were caught were cycling along the common corridors and walkways inside the town centre where there is high pedestrian traffic," he said.

Several banners and signboards had been placed around the town centre to warn cyclists to avoid areas meant for pedestrians, he said.

Many cyclists are just selfish people.

They want to go fast, they don't care about pedestrians or traffic.

If you want to go fast, get down off your bike, run or walk.

Everybody happy.

Everybody happy.

How can you be so selfish? How will those poor souls ever get enough practice for the Tour De France that way? [rolleyes]

Everybody happy.

Do your comment include E-bike?

↡ Advertisement