BPL 14/15 - Let the Drama Begin

Osprey23

actually such decisions normally balances out itself along the season. There were also a few stonewall penalty decisions which went against Pool earlier on.

guess the timing of these decisions make them more significant at this juncture :p

How about over more than one season?

I remember sterling scored at City last season but was ruled offside, wrongly. Hope that will allow Pool to win this weekend :D

Then Eto'o clear foul on suarez that should have resulted in a Pool penalty last season, that wasn't given - before Eto'o later went on to score the winner at stamford bridge. Plus the bad luck of the slip in the home game… Hope this season pool will beat chelsea at the bridge.

↡ Advertisement

Actually, i do not think it was intentional on the part of Barnes. I think the 2 players came together in an awkward angle and the tackle was accidental...

confirm man !!

take a look at this screen capture --> Its just 2 players committed to the tackle and collide lor, both eyes were clearly on the ball and in fact, Matic was late and he kicked Barnes feet with his shin :D ..... The British media is really worthless from the way they condemned the non-foul

post-1137-0-40122800-1424746544_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

while i empathize Matic anger, it was wrong to retaliate.

Rule book says so, period.

ya, it was a FULL shove, worse than Di Canio's [:p]

some referees let you go away with a slight push

actually if you see Matic's reaction, it was plain shameful too. one moment rolling on the floor screaming for ambulance (obviously asking Barnes to be sent off), next moment recovered fully to wrestle Barnes to the floor.

I mean if the tackle was that bad (i.e. enough to end his career), why in the world can he recover so miraculousy to confront Barnes?

For that, I lose my respect for the Matic. Really disgraceful.

Suarez acting is more jialat leh... so did you lost your respect for suarez..... [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 2

Suarez acting is more jialat leh... so did you lost your respect for suarez..... [lipsrsealed]

at least Suarez is always very consistent haha.. always mountain out of a molehill lol

• Praise 1

Liverpool are searching for this messiah whom they believed has helped to turn their season around. Since his appearance on 21 Dec 2014 at Anfield, Liverpool have went on a 10 game unbeaten streak, winning 7 and drawing 3. Anyone with info please contact the club PR line.

post-10806-0-53882900-1424761173_thumb.jpg

Edited by Osprey23

Chris Bascombe is one of the Jorno I respected. However this article really piss poor. His call for City to sell Aguero and buy Suarez is one of the most bizarre transfer fantasy one can conjure.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/luis-suarez/11430579/Manchester-City-should-buy-Luis-Suarez-and-sell-Sergio-Aguero-in-the-summer-to-win-Premier-League-in-2016.html

Chris Bascombe is one of the Jorno I respected. However this article really piss poor. His call for City to sell Aguero and buy Suarez is one of the most bizarre transfer fantasy one can conjure.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/luis-suarez/11430579/Manchester-City-should-buy-Luis-Suarez-and-sell-Sergio-Aguero-in-the-summer-to-win-Premier-League-in-2016.html

timing wise sure stir shit.. papers will sell lol

Edited by Fooblack

wah, sure sell this one...

esp. since suarez killed city off with the 2 goals in first half hour...

wah, sure sell this one...

esp. since suarez killed city off with the 2 goals in first half hour...

Suarez is the nemesis of Hart. 5 goals from 6 shots against him in all competitions.

That Chris' article is poor from a few fronts.

Firstly, his argument is based on Suarez should return to BPL as a top hitman rather than playing second fiddle to Messi. This clearly shows his lack of understanding of Suarez as a person and player. There is a personal reason on why the move to Barcelona. This is where he wants his family to settle in, not in Liverpool or Manchester or London. Secondly, Suarez is as close to a team player one can find. He fights to the death for the team. Never ever about personal glory. You want him to be main striker, he gets the goals for you. You want him to play second fiddle, he creates space and assists the chief striker. You want him to play in goal, he will also do for you.

Third, to say that City should sell Aguero and buy Suarez itself is flawed. Though different type of players, Kun himself is a world class player as well. In terms of conversion rate, I think Suarez is still not at his level. So you sell a world class player to buy another will help you win the league? I don't think so.

Suarez is the nemesis of Hart. 5 goals from 6 shots against him in all competitions.

That Chris' article is poor from a few fronts.

Firstly, his argument is based on Suarez should return to BPL as a top hitman rather than playing second fiddle to Messi. This clearly shows his lack of understanding of Suarez as a person and player. There is a personal reason on why the move to Barcelona. This is where he wants his family to settle in, not in Liverpool or Manchester or London. Secondly, Suarez is as close to a team player one can find. He fights to the death for the team. Never ever about personal glory. You want him to be main striker, he gets the goals for you. You want him to play second fiddle, he creates space and assists the chief striker. You want him to play in goal, he will also do for you.

Third, to say that City should sell Aguero and buy Suarez itself is flawed. Though different type of players, Kun himself is a world class player as well. In terms of conversion rate, I think Suarez is still not at his level. So you sell a world class player to buy another will help you win the league? I don't think so.

Yes, i agree with you. it's a pity that Suarez's wife's family is in Spain so she (therefore he) wants to be there, and so had to leave Pool. This will not likely change, since he's already made his name, and is near late 20s. If he was younger and have to prove himself, he might still have to find a club that can accord him the springboard to world-class stardom (Liverpool provided that), but now can settle down and give priority to family.

I think Aguero is more deadly. If he was not injured last season, might have posed a serious challenge to Suarez's being top scorer. Then again, having endured Sturridge's injury-plagued season, I can see why it might be better not to pin all hopes on Aguero.

I think Aguero is more deadly. If he was not injured last season, might have posed a serious challenge to Suarez's being top scorer. Then again, having endured Sturridge's injury-plagued season, I can see why it might be better not to pin all hopes on Aguero.

Yup, can't rely solely on him but Ageuro should be someone whom you will want to keep in your team instead of looking to sell him on for another player.

The defeat yesterday i feel is down to Pellegrini's wrong choice of system. Played a 4-4-2 with all 4 midfielders cramping in the middle. Maybe he was trying to deny space for Barcelona to work in the centre of the field but by doing so, he exposed the fullbacks which the Barcelona wide players gladly exploited.

He should have stuck to 4-2-3-1 which has been serving them so well this season.

Yup, can't rely solely on him but Ageuro should be someone whom you will want to keep in your team instead of looking to sell him on for another player.

The defeat yesterday i feel is down to Pellegrini's wrong choice of system. Played a 4-4-2 with all 4 midfielders cramping in the middle. Maybe he was trying to deny space for Barcelona to work in the centre of the field but by doing so, he exposed the fullbacks which the Barcelona wide players gladly exploited.

He should have stuck to 4-2-3-1 which has been serving them so well this season.

If can keep Aguero and bring in another top world class striker, then that will really help City's cause. Not too many choices in that league though. How did Bony fare for City?

Would Pool's wide players be able to punish City's full backs too if they use the same tactic this weekend? :D

↡ Advertisement