MAS Crashes in Ukraine - MH17

Porker

Supercharged

Next month we're having a company conference hosted by my KL office. I've booked my sgp and indon staff on MH flights.

But I never book for myself, taking the car instead :ph34r:

you never like them, is it?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Yahoo news: Netherlands in mourning after at least 154 Dutch die in Ukraine crash

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - The Dutch prime minister on Thursday ordered that flags fly at half mast at government buildings across the country after the death of at least 154 of his country's citizens in what he said might be the worst air disaster in the Netherlands' history.

link: https://sg.news.yahoo.com/least-154-dutch-among-victims-malaysia-airline-jet-221215096--finance.html

They had worse.

The Tenerife airport disaster was a fatal runway collision between two Boeing 747s on March 27, 1977 at Los Rodeos Airport on the Spanish island of Tenerife, one of the Canary Islands. The crash killed 583 people, making it the deadliest accident in aviation history.

A bomb explosion at Gran Canaria Airport, and the threat of a second bomb, caused many aircraft to be diverted to Los Rodeos Airport. Among them were KLM Flight 4805 and Pan Am Flight 1736 – the two aircraft involved in the accident.

At Los Rodeos Airport, air traffic controllers were forced to park many of the airplanes on the taxiway, thereby blocking it. Further complicating the situation, while authorities waited to reopen Gran Canaria, a dense fog developed at Tenerife, greatly reducing visibility.

When Gran Canaria reopened, the parked aircraft blocking the taxiway at Tenerife required both of the 747s to taxi on the only runway in order to get in position for takeoff. The fog was so thick that neither aircraft could see the other, nor could the controller in the tower see the runway or the two 747s on it.

As the airport did not have ground radar, the only means for the controller to identify the location of each airplane was via voice reports over the radio. As a result of several misunderstandings, the KLM flight attempted to take off while the Pan Am flight was still on the runway.

The resulting collision destroyed both aircraft, killing all 248 aboard the KLM flight and 335 of 396 aboard the Pan Am flight. Sixty-one people aboard the Pan Am flight, including the pilots and flight engineer, survived the disaster.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenerife_airport_disaster

MH17 steward had swapped flights, wife had swapped out of MH370
Jul 18, 2014 10:55am
fullscreen_capture_18072014_100422_am.bm
A screen capture of what is believed to be a MAS steward's passport at the scene of the MH17 crash. Facebook screencapture/ Dya Fdya
Reports are stating that Malaysia Airlines (MAS) flight steward Mr Sanjid Singh, 41, had requested to swap flights so as to fly on the ill-fated MH17 flight which crashed in Ukraine on Thursday night (July 17).
In what can only be described as a cruel twist of fate, just 131 days ago, his wife had swapped out of flight MH370, which disappeared while it was flying from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.
Mr Singh is among the 15 crew members who died in the plane crash in Ukraine.
A picture of what is believed to be his passport at the scene of the crash has been circulating online (see photo above).
The Malaysian Insider managed to interview Mr Singh's father, Mr Jijar Singh, 71 at his house in Penang early on Friday morning (Jul 18).
"He was last here about a month ago. He told us recently that he swapped with a colleague for the return Amsterdam-Kuala Lumpur flight," the elder Mr Singh told Malaysian Insider.
"He was supposed to come here at noon after he returns from Amsterdam this morning. His mother had prepared all his favourite dishes.
"I did not know that would be the last conversation with him."
According to The Malaysian Insider, Mr Singh was informed of his son's tragic death at 4 am on Friday (Jul 18) by his daughter.
"We are heartbroken because he was our only son. What to do? What has happened, has happened," he added with his voice trembling.
*Note: Our earlier report stated that Mr Sanjid Singh was 43 years old. This is incorrect. Mr Sanjid Singh is 41 years old.
Source: The Malaysian Insider

fated! wife swapped to escape death and husband swap to meet one.

Hypersonic

Next month we're having a company conference hosted by my KL office. I've booked my sgp and indon staff on MH flights.

i see your true colors shining through

OVER HALF OF SINGAPOREANS WOULD CONSIDER BACKSTABBING FRIENDS AT WORK FOR A PROMOTION
Post date:
8 Jul 2014 - 9:39pm
Office-stress.png?itok=1-SIeJtW

According to a recent Relationships@Work study conducted by LinkedIn, most Singaporeans would put promotions above workplace friendships.

51.6% of Singaporeans said that they would consider sacrificing their workplace friendships if it meant getting a promotion.

Turns out, that Singaporeans aren't very friendly in the workplace after all. In fact, 40.9% of young Singaporean employees (aged between 18 and 34) admitted that they make friends with colleagues mainly because they believe it may help them in their own career.

For 20% of the respondents, making friends with work colleagues means that they would be more competitive and therefore improve their own work performance.

Generally, younger Singaporeans feel more positively about workplace friendships and are more open with their work colleagues than older Singaporeans.

When it comes to workplace conversation topics, Singaporeans mostly all (80%) talk about food.

It seems that in the highly competitive environment in Singapore, where most of your colleagues are willing to backstab you for a promotion, the main thing brining us together is food.

What are your workplace relationships like? Would you backstab a colleague just for a promotion?

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator

Your staff never throw any violent objections? :huh:

• Praise 1

i see your true colors shining through

No no you all got me wrong. Uhhh...I'm driving because...errr..cannot put everyone on same flight, that's right. What if something happens?

Myself and the MD are driving up in our own cars.

Besides, driving up is faster than flying :ph34r:

Your staff never throw any violent objections? :huh:

I offered but in the end was decided that they'd fly. Actually 3 of them supposed to tompang in my car and a few others in the MD's car.

No no you all got me wrong. Uhhh...I'm driving because...errr..cannot put everyone on same flight, that's right. What if something happens?

I offered but in the end was decided that they'd fly. Actually 3 of them supposed to tompang in my car and a few others in the MD's car.

i think there are thousands of accidents on NSHW in a year compare to in the air [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Turbocharged

Think they will be calling you soon to cancel...

Paging @RadX for Final Destination theory. :D

Yes, wife swapping is generally considered dangerous.

• Praise 1

Yes, wife swapping is generally considered dangerous.

@Radx say this is a serious topic, cannot joke here ok [mad]

Turbocharged
(edited)

Vladimir Putin has now the blood of almost 300 persons in his hands..he is now officially Bloodyman Pudding. [rifle]

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

I am not expert in air crash but looking at the wreckage, there are surprisingly large recognizable pieces. I would expect smaller fragments burnt beyond recognition. But since there was no survivors, I guess that point is moot.

Paging @RadX for Final Destination theory. :D

this i have to agree.. if it is predestined, it will finally be