World's biggest Leech

Jajoba123

(edited)

http://invertebrates.si.edu/Features/stories/haementeria.html

Imagine you're about to join leech expert Mark Siddall on a field search for the giant Amazonian leech. As he leads you knee-deep into the leech's swampy tropical habitat, you consider what you'd urgently like to know about the near-mythic creature he's seeking. For starters, how big? Well, it's the world's largest bloodsucking leech, growing up to a foot and a half long. Any other questions?

amazon-leech-in.jpg

You suddenly find yourself waist-deep in the swampy home of the giant Amazonian leech. What now

Edited by Mustank
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Answer is actually very very easy - if you know your history of the world.

You know that the whole world used to be one "continent" right?

Then the earth started to cool, and the tectonic plates solidified and started to move away from each other...

And things started to evolve...

Basically New Zealand was off all by itself with water surrounding it before snakes evolved -

So while they evolved in bigger places, they never evolved in New Zealand - and they couldn't migrate.

But please don't ask me - if snakes didn't evolve, how come eels did...I cannot answer

Good geographical lesson! Technically there are snakes, i.e. sea snakes. There is no land snake. No explanation why no sea snake "re-evolve" back to conquere NZ islands. They would have hell of a time eating up all the small birds and mammals!

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Then the earth started to cool, and the tectonic plates solidified and started to move away from each other...

Basically New Zealand was off all by itself with water surrounding it before snakes evolved -

So while they evolved in bigger places, they never evolved in New Zealand - and they couldn't migrate.

But please don't ask me - if snakes didn't evolve, how come eels did...I cannot answer

Same for ireland yeah?

• Praise 2

Thot it was abt Unmo politicians :) It's an eel.

Umno politikian is always very colourful colourful and shiny and silky like the leech , not white white like ours ; but nowadays the whites are using special absorbents too and using Nike Dry Fit technology so can even dry faster what they absorb

• Praise 2

Thanks, I'll save my breath and show your above comment to my branded washing machine later when she comes home [thumbsup][nod]

chey..thot a thread on @soya or @darryn

Both already also here due to curious over thread title, they are here with lots of bullets and grenades to attack their enemies upon slightest bad movements. :o[laugh]

http://invertebrates.si.edu/Features/stories/haementeria.html

Imagine you're about to join leech expert Mark Siddall on a field search for the giant Amazonian leech. As he leads you knee-deep into the leech's swampy tropical habitat, you consider what you'd urgently like to know about the near-mythic creature he's seeking. For starters, how big? Well, it's the world's largest bloodsucking leech, growing up to a foot and a half long. Any other questions?

amazon-leech-in.jpg

You suddenly find yourself waist-deep in the swampy home of the giant Amazonian leech. What now

Even leech likes Mr.Mark Siddall, that show ang moh really ching tua kee [laugh]

Turbocharged

eh.....ur boyfren no service u today izit? [:p]

That bangla owl face sucks semen out of a c o c k like a leech too [:p] [:p] [:p]

Same for ireland yeah?

Ireland was full of snake and this guy Padrig or now better know as Patrick or his nick name Paddy

charmed them all in to the sea as too many snakes were bothering the people of Ireland.

:D

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Ireland was full of snake and this guy Padrig or now better know as Patrick or his nick name Paddy

charmed them all in to the sea as too many snakes were bothering the people of Ireland.

:D

yeah rite.

i cant stand snakes, so nz and ireland are the only places i'll retire to hopefully :))

but there is one, and ONLY ONE cute snake species though... harmless, doesnt bite, and eats termites and its larvae

CscyK2R.jpg

yE3krav.jpg

• Praise 2

yeah rite.

i cant stand snakes, so nz and ireland are the only places i'll retire to hopefully :))

but there is one, and ONLY ONE cute snake species though... harmless, doesnt bite, and eats termites and its larvae

CscyK2R.jpg

yE3krav.jpg

It looks like a worm [confused]

yeah rite.

Hawaii no snake too! Add it to your list!

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

your worst nightmare....

19268d1306533920-unusual-creatures-as-sc

world's largest centipede

worlds-biggest-beetle-2.jpg

world's largest beetle

largest-bug-giant-weta1.jpg

world's largest insect (giant weta)

11bb59c1-ea47-4a81-ad24-f75fbf534441.jpg

world's largest slug

giant-african-snail-1.jpg

world's largest snail (African giant snail)

• Praise 1

Confirm it is a blood sucking leech, I caught one 10 inches long in YongPeng river in a fishing trip, the shape and color are similar, I prepared salt and my friend sacrifice his bloods to test it, really sucks as fast as PAP.

No Joke !!!

the one you caught definitely not mine, mine is 12 inches, before steaming.

Your friend so big sacrifice, give Birgin blood for you to test somemore suck quite fast. Din know some party you go such so fast one. Bo Jio @Yuan .... [:p][:p]

the one you caught definitely not mine, mine is 12 inches, before steaming.

Your friend so big sacrifice, give Birgin blood for you to test somemore suck quite fast. Din know some party you go such so fast one. Bo Jio @Yuan .... [:p][:p]

12 inches how to keep inside the trouser [confused]

Both of us are not sure it is a fresh water eel or leech, so keep it in plastic bag until reaching home to stand-by salt for my friend heroic testing it whether sucks blood or not [rolleyes]

Bingo :o it is a real PaP [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement