Any one know about the new Infiniti Q50

JOHNKHOR

Driving past Pasir Panjang this afternoon........another 5x Q50 en-route to Wearnes on the back of a transporter coming out PSA holding yard. Maybe still strong sales.

Before lunch I had a A6 owner ask me what I thought of my car.

"I like it a lot, except for those Run-Flat Tyres" but yes, there are pro and con about each option. Nice he took time out for a chat, maybe some are getting interested in the marque......bit of a challenge yet though to coax anybody out of an A6.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Sent it back already, changed the bumper as I 'kena' while reversing by only using the reverse cam [:/]

But they said all cars like that, checked the cars on site ... at least the screen and folding mirrors issue are present.

On the transmission, maybe because I tap the accelerator too often while allowing the rev to drop, likely driving style. Will see how. In any case, like most things, nothing is perfect. [blush]

How much does it cost to change a bumper at weanes? Must be expensive?

(edited)

"I like it a lot, except for those Run-Flat Tyres" but yes, there are pro and con about each option. Nice he took time out for a chat, maybe some are getting interested in the marque......bit of a challenge yet though to coax anybody out of an A6.

Latest model A6?

Edited by Falc

aiyoh...from the questions asked ...seems like most infiniti owners are fresh to premium car segment? comparing side mirror folding is like hdb upgraders buy condo saying the door frame looks 0.1 degree off. i just check and now i cannot be sure if my beemer have equal speed on the mirrors...hahaha..

wahpiangz...bro ..if you look into such trivial things then the service people will grow to hate you man...

• Praise 2

Thankfully, I've not encountered any of the issues you have encountered. You may want to send it in for a check and get them fixed. There was one thing though, that is, my steering sometimes locks up for a very short moment, like 1-2 secs, when I switch from reverse to drive. I think it was because of a system lag.

Mine was because one of the tyre pressure was 20 below the others, hence I suspected a puncture or some sort.

bro, change gear ..steering wont lock wan at least not 1-2secs...else alot of accidents liao. you have the sports version issit? if yes, its the DAS. if no, better go back check.

bro, change gear ..steering wont lock wan at least not 1-2secs...else alot of accidents liao. you have the sports version issit? if yes, its the DAS. if no, better go back check.

Mine not sports version. It only happens occasionally when changing from R to D. No big deal as it happens mostly when I reverse park. I just need to give it a short sec pause.

Latest model A6?

Yes, think so.....but Audi is tough.

Over a couple of weeks in Germany last month and had to rent a couple of cars......was presented an A4 the first time and a 320-Touring the second. The new A4 was leaps and bounds ahead of the 320 both in terms of comfort, specs, and performance.

The Q50 was better all round than the 320 except for SatNav and (bang the same drum) those tyres.

(edited)

How much does it cost to change a bumper at weanes? Must be expensive?

almost 1.6K, quoted for new bumper + respray. Driving the sports model.

By the way, the run flats are not too bad. A little uncomfortable on 19s but when I was climbing Parkway carpark last Friday evening (son has tuition opposite), one Merc forced me a little too close to the left and I 'kena' the left kerb on one of the rounds. Immediately, I started calculating how much it would take to replace a set of 19 inch rims.

When I finally parked and checked the damage, none ... the sidewalls + the flange protector prevented the rims from coming into contact with the kerb. I didn't even stop when it hit, I quickly corrected and heard some rubbing sounds.

This weekend, will find some nice shine and reward the tyres ... :yeah-im-not-drunk::grin:

Edited by Raymansg

almost 1.6K, quoted for new bumper + respray. Driving the sports model.

By the way, the run flats are not too bad. A little uncomfortable on 19s but when I was climbing Parkway carpark last Friday evening (son has tuition opposite), one Merc forced me a little too close to the left and I 'kena' the left kerb on one of the rounds. Immediately, I started calculating how much it would take to replace a set of 19 inch rims.

When I finally parked and checked the damage, none ... the sidewalls + the flange protector prevented the rims from coming into contact with the kerb. I didn't even stop when it hit, I quickly corrected and heard some rubbing sounds.

This weekend, will find some nice shine and reward the tyres ... :yeah-im-not-drunk::grin:

stock 19" rims are well fitted for the stock RFT so have some protection. some cars have stretched tyres...meaning they fit the tyres to its maximum rim size it can take....stretching the sidewall. the most common problem with the RFT is sidewall tear ironically because of its rigidity to take regular puncture.

Mine not sports version. It only happens occasionally when changing from R to D. No big deal as it happens mostly when I reverse park. I just need to give it a short sec pause.

got me thinking....so i tested mine. not a moment of lock.

aiyoh...from the questions asked ...seems like most infiniti owners are fresh to premium car segment? comparing side mirror folding is like hdb upgraders buy condo saying the door frame looks 0.1 degree off. i just check and now i cannot be sure if my beemer have equal speed on the mirrors...hahaha..

wahpiangz...bro ..if you look into such trivial things then the service people will grow to hate you man...

bro, no need to be so blunt with the comments.nothing wrong with upgraders. for me even if driving the current bmw320 , Q50 is still an upgrade in terms of quality and performance, but downgrade in terms of brand. so what is what? hard to argue. when i drove my first premium segment car i was quite disappointed too, because i expected huge differences in quality. over the years, learnt that there is no one brand that consistently produce the best in class, every few years certain model certain brand. my bet on infiniti Q50 was because it reminded me so much of the Lexus IS250 over a decade ago when it changed the fate of lexus, it was the leader in the class beating A4, Cclass and 3 series for many years. Now the IS250 is still up there but the new c-class is quite hard to beat, and Q50 is very comparable in many aspects.

bro, no need to be so blunt with the comments.nothing wrong with upgraders. for me even if driving the current bmw320 , Q50 is still an upgrade in terms of quality and performance, but downgrade in terms of brand. so what is what? hard to argue. when i drove my first premium segment car i was quite disappointed too, because i expected huge differences in quality. over the years, learnt that there is no one brand that consistently produce the best in class, every few years certain model certain brand. my bet on infiniti Q50 was because it reminded me so much of the Lexus IS250 over a decade ago when it changed the fate of lexus, it was the leader in the class beating A4, Cclass and 3 series for many years. Now the IS250 is still up there but the new c-class is quite hard to beat, and Q50 is very comparable in many aspects.

Totally agree. It boils down to individuals. As long as you are happy and comfortable with your ride, the rest doesn't really matters. :secret-laugh:

(edited)

haha ... every morning he look at the steering he thought he bought a Chery?

493043_5b.jpg

I think he cannot take the brand, maybe people all ask if he bought a QQ. His emblem are all plastic dip until cannot see which brand.

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement