Cars are more expensive than HDB flat

Quantum

Turbocharged

if just look at cost, limpeh long time buy GTR leow [laugh] [laugh]

can ask @sp4wn how much the running cost of his GTR [sweatdrop]

just pump 98 just now ... 5.6km/l :D

maintenance cost not cheap la... basic 10k km is about 1.1k, and 20k km is about 4-5k.

tires are 800-900per pc for fronts and abt 1k-1.1k for rears ...

nobody said godzilla was cheap :D

• Praise 2

I know in our society, people tends to link cars & where we live to the person wealth.

if you are rich, you must live in big house, drive big car. But I think this thinking may not be as relevant.

People now may think, whats the point of having a big house if I have a small family?

• Praise 5

No, the more likely reason is that the money 见不得光, easiest is to buy car, buy Rolex......definitely not property.

Ya lah, that is the iras reason that I already mentioned.

But don't worry, your friendly accountant will advice you on this de.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Sheng Siong boss's mom comes into my mind.

Yes, some old folks prefer familiar surroundings, old neighbors etc. Give them stay in Sentosa Cove they still not interested.

I know in our society, people tends to link cars & where we live to the person wealth.

if you are rich, you must live in big house, drive big car. But I think this thinking may not be as relevant.

People now may think, whats the point of having a big house if I have a small family?

Also some scared the whole world don't know they rich, even come mcf also hao lian like they will die if they don't, LOL..... some more act and fake humility, si pek smelly. Edited by Super7
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

lol GTR very thirsty hor, thats why i see people doesnt chiong much nowadays with their GTR, prefer drive slowly save petrol lol

Maybe limping to ws coz over boost?!

Turbocharged

if just look at cost, limpeh long time buy GTR leow [laugh] [laugh]

can ask @sp4wn how much the running cost of his GTR [sweatdrop]

that's why used ones sometimes are selling relatively cheap?!

Turbocharged

My mscp only got Lori and van [grin]

You stay in industrial park ah?

Loris how to clear mscp head room?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I also thought of the reverse looking at the many "nice cars" in HDB estate. The owners may have bought a condo, lease out, part of it use to assist loan, the other part use to finance the fancy car.

In my "non premium" hdb estate, the higher end cars i have seen are Porsche Boxter, R8, GTR.

The R8 owner, I really see the chap struggling over every hdb bump. And me being the sour grapes would go, "is it really worth the trouble" [:p]

OT : the oldest car in my mscp is an SBR plate Proton Saga.

The oldest at my place, a classic plate 61 VW Beetle!

Turbocharged

He may have inherited the Banglalow - who knows ? Anyway nothing wrong to drive any car staying in any pigeon hole.

Some may have successful businesses but chose to invest into their business instead of owning property.

Landlords do not contribute to the economy and well being of the country.

I too agree that the feudalistic system of land ownership be restricted and controlled.

Well said!

Stone age better, everyone stayed in caves, nothing to show off. But they dragged their wives. Gf around pulling their hair. :-(

Turbocharged

Also some scared the whole world don't know they rich, even come mcf also hao lian like they will die if they don't, LOL..... some more act and fake humility, si pek smelly.

+50 likes! Orr tang you praise points first.

Hypersonic

My place mscp most ex is a Porsche Cayenne GTS. Owner also own another Estima.

Owner is staying same block as me.

Also some scared the whole world don't know they rich, even come mcf also hao lian like they will die if they don't, LOL..... some more act and fake humility, si pek smelly.

Yah lor

Mostly are those who like to slap themselves swollen and claim that they are fat.

As oppose to those who know they are truly nothing.

Most smelly are those who cant even tell right from wrong becos blinded by their pride or shall i say jealousy?

just pump 98 just now ... 5.6km/l :D

maintenance cost not cheap la... basic 10k km is about 1.1k, and 20k km is about 4-5k.

tires are 800-900per pc for fronts and abt 1k-1.1k for rears ...

nobody said godzilla was cheap :D

Your 5.6km/L is whack throttle (0-100 in 3 secs) or normal sedate drive?

So many are marrying later, so could also be, why have a big house when I only need one room? Hahaha

Turbocharged
(edited)

Your 5.6km/L is whack throttle (0-100 in 3 secs) or normal sedate drive?

So many are marrying later, so could also be, why have a big house when I only need one room? Hahaha

city driving >< this week was mainly traffic lights .. normally highway about 6.1km/l (lol)

i find that driving sedated or whack throttle doesnt save much gas for some reason .. lol

Edited by Sp4wn

its not the price of the car, its the maintenance.

u think ANYBODY can afford the maintenance? even if it is given for free, that person might have trouble paying for the insurance, roadtax, petrol and servicing. [lipsrsealed]

I have never considered maintenance when buying a car. So how much do u think the maintenance of a maserati would cost?

city driving >< this week was mainly traffic lights .. normally highway about 6.1km/l (lol)

i find that driving sedated or whack throttle doesnt save much gas for some reason .. lol

The difference between 5.6 and 6.1... Still crappy gas mileage..

Figuring a 1K to 1.3K a month petrol, plus the expenses you mentioned above + insurance + road tax + parking, GTR per month also about 4K+ or 5K.. [knife] [knife] [knife][bigcry] There goes one of my dream..

↡ Advertisement