Grab/Ryde issues and charges

Yamapi

The ping is quite okay. Peak hours surge normal is around 1.3 to 1.8.. Sometimes can go up to 2plus.

Wkdays sometimes not that good. But overall still can make earn.

Usually during wkday off peak aka around 10plus am to 2plus pm the surge is at north east area.. I dont know why like that.

My findings are, Northeast have the most Young and Middle age which uses the services the most. Morning normally will be CCK and North East. Evening be all the industrial area. Really dislike going into CBD, compare to taxi, its really a stupid choice to go in as a PHV. 

By the way how to hack the Uber pool thing? What I did last time was to off the app if I pick a pool ride then on back when near to destination, but got one ride I did that from Changi Aiport to CCK, I was only being paid less than $14 for the damn ride..... Really hate the uberpool. 

For grabshare I love it because the pay out is so crazily high, I will always go pick another share passenger as the incentive is worth going for...

↡ Advertisement

Nowadays uber surge even during off peak hours de. But if compared cars, i find uber cars mostly are new cars, whereas there are many old cars in grab.

Wkday off peak surge usually at north east area and Yishun. I really don't know why. Wkend surge is basically whole singapore except Orchard and CBd area..

Nowadays uber surge even during off peak hours de. But if compared cars, i find uber cars mostly are new cars, whereas there are many old cars in grab.

Uber has age restriction for cars. Initially I think not more than 5 yrs old.

But now they relax the rule. I think you're start seeing 10 yrs old car. [laugh]

When I have to take a PHV, I always find grab have a higher fare compare to uber, from airport to JW, grab cost me $44 but uber cost me $28 at weeknights.

Wkday off peak surge usually at north east area and Yishun. I really don't know why. Wkend surge is basically whole singapore except Orchard and CBd area..

Just look at where are all the new HDB and that will be the reason for surge bro. Young couple don't buy cars anymore and PHV are cheap transport for them.

My findings are, Northeast have the most Young and Middle age which uses the services the most. Morning normally will be CCK and North East. Evening be all the industrial area. Really dislike going into CBD, compare to taxi, its really a stupid choice to go in as a PHV.

By the way how to hack the Uber pool thing? What I did last time was to off the app if I pick a pool ride then on back when near to destination, but got one ride I did that from Changi Aiport to CCK, I was only being paid less than $14 for the damn ride..... Really hate the uberpool.

For grabshare I love it because the pay out is so crazily high, I will always go pick another share passenger as the incentive is worth going for...

Same I also dislike to go to CBd area.. Find the area quite confusing with a lot of building. Usually after drop off pax, I quickly offline and go east cost area already.

It's not really a hack for Uber pool, it's just a trick.. Will private message u.

Same I also dislike to go to CBd area.. Find the area quite confusing with a lot of building. Usually after drop off pax, I quickly offline and go east cost area already.

It's not really a hack for Uber pool, it's just a trick.. Will private message u.

East coast good choice, but sometimes I still find abit tough. CBD area, you might wanna venture to Vivo area, your chances of going to suburb higher. 

East coast good choice, but sometimes I still find abit tough. CBD area, you might wanna venture to Vivo area, your chances of going to suburb higher. 

Vivo area I also avoid not really that good as compared to east coast. PM sent, check your inbox. 

When I have to take a PHV, I always find grab have a higher fare compare to uber, from airport to JW, grab cost me $44 but uber cost me $28 at weeknights.

Just look at where are all the new HDB and that will be the reason for surge bro. Young couple don't buy cars anymore and PHV are cheap transport for them.

From airport out, uber will never have surge as its is designed that way. Grab I don't know have or not. If have, then Uber will 100% be cheaper if grab have surge. 

Edited by Yewheng

But now they relax the rule. I think you're start seeing 10 yrs old car. [laugh]

I think last time uber have many old cars, but when LCR started buying new cars in bulk, now almost all uber cars are new. Whereas grab even can find coe cars lo, cause i have ride twice on coe cars. Then other times car usually is 8-10 year old de.

Edited by 13177

Dunno why people hate uberpool. I like it when doing quest. The numbers add up fast. Best if there are 3 pools on one trip. Once, I did get the 4th one, before the pool ends.

If I hate pool and I want it to end, then I go back and go offline. It will stop any further new request.

Uber new incentive is UberClub Loyalty Program. Do 100 or 125 trips per week, and they guaranteed your earnings based on your lifetime trips. If you don't reach that earnings, they top up for you.

So Uber is trying to make drivers do more trips, regardless short or long trips, high or low earnings. Bcuz they will top for you.

Dunno why people hate uberpool. I like it when doing quest. The numbers add up fast. Best if there are 3 pools on one trip. Once, I did get the 4th one, before the pool ends.

If I hate pool and I want it to end, then I go back and go offline. It will stop any further new request.

Uber new incentive is UberClub Loyalty Program. Do 100 or 125 trips per week, and they guaranteed your earnings based on your lifetime trips. If you don't reach that earnings, they top up for you.

So Uber is trying to make drivers do more trips, regardless short or long trips, high or low earnings. Bcuz they will top for you.

As a rider some of them might hate uberpool, cause waste a lot of time going round and round before reaching my destination. Lol.

When i just started, I didn't know that pool contribute to the trip counts. But then again, uber incentives quite bad as compare to grab. Are there anyway to haggle with uber on the incentives? Towards the end of my uber driving, I keep rejecting calls till uber don't give me any pings. 

As a rider some of them might hate uberpool, cause waste a lot of time going round and round before reaching my destination. Lol.

Please help by not booking uber pool then lol, I always go X or Car, never pool or share.

When i just started, I didn't know that pool contribute to the trip counts. But then again, uber incentives quite bad as compare to grab. Are there anyway to haggle with uber on the incentives? Towards the end of my uber driving, I keep rejecting calls till uber don't give me any pings. 

I keep hearing people say Grab incentives better than Uber. I've not done Grab so I dunno.

Yet on the other hand, there are drivers who do both and some prefer Uber, which I don't understand.

If incentive on Grab is so good, why prefer Uber ?

No way you can haggle with Uber. Unless they have statistics that show drivers are moving away from them to Grab, then they might up their incentives to retain drivers.

Otherwise, they will find chronic shortage of drivers vs Grab.

But I guess for Grab, riders tend to find themselves more in a situation where no drivers are available.

The reason is bcuz rider's destination can be seen (Uber you can't) before accepting, and probably lots of Grab drivers are picking and choosing.

For these companies, they have to do a few things (through discounts and incentives).

1. Bring in the riders

2. Bring in the drivers

3. Make sure demands and supplies are more or less balanced.

4. Make sure the price for riders and the earnings for driver are at an acceptable level.

I keep hearing people say Grab incentives better than Uber. I've not done Grab so I dunno.

Yet on the other hand, there are drivers who do both and some prefer Uber, which I don't understand.

If incentive on Grab is so good, why prefer Uber ?

No way you can haggle with Uber. Unless they have statistics that show drivers are moving away from them to Grab, then they might up their incentives to retain drivers.

Otherwise, they will find chronic shortage of drivers vs Grab.

But I guess for Grab, riders tend to find themselves more in a situation where no drivers are available.

The reason is bcuz rider's destination can be seen (Uber you can't) before accepting, and probably lots of Grab drivers are picking and choosing.

For these companies, they have to do a few things (through discounts and incentives).

1. Bring in the riders

2. Bring in the drivers

3. Make sure demands and supplies are more or less balanced.

4. Make sure the price for riders and the earnings for driver are at an acceptable level.

The guy toggle between grab and Uber that's why. If drive full time grab, incentives is really a lot better.

Show you an example..

post-14834-0-28240000-1504798120_thumb.png

post-14834-0-69515900-1504798265_thumb.png

This kind of incentive Uber will not have one as of now leh. The most 300plus for completing 75+65 = 140 trips.

Most likely he toggle between Uber and grab will have no time to hit the grab incentive that's way say prefer Uber. As Uber fare generally is higher per trip compared to grab. 

Edited by Yewheng

I hope not.

If Uber is gone, rest assured Grab will increase price and stop giving promo code.

No competition, can monopolize the PHV market.

In most instances, it is easier to book Uber for short trip, compared to Grab which tend to shun short trips.

So I hope Uber can stay on.

i took 4 trip of PHV yesterday, i think the number of driver within the pick up area also determine the price.

I manage to get 1 out of the 4 trips from UberX at lower price and it came with a C200   [sweatdrop]

Vivo area I also avoid not really that good as compared to east coast. PM sent, check your inbox. 

From airport out, uber will never have surge as its is designed that way. Grab I don't know have or not. If have, then Uber will 100% be cheaper if grab have surge. 

PM me oso

The ping is quite okay. Peak hours surge normal is around 1.3 to 1.8.. Sometimes can go up to 2plus.

Wkdays sometimes not that good. But overall still can make earn.

Usually during wkday off peak aka around 10plus am to 2plus pm the surge is at north east area.. I dont know why like that.

Ya I noticed that too. I think is because of the industrial area lunch crowd.

Lucky I stay in the North. During that time just nice when I head out from home can earn.  [cool]

Uber restriction is not more than 10 years old I think.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1