Nissan Qashqai 2014

Thaiyotakamli

Only that scuff plate, because it's more functional than aesthetic. I prefer QQ the way it is, clean and sleek. Sometimes there's a reason why the car designer wants it that way, adding too much may just destroy the overall look. But if you are happy with the aesthetic upgrades, by all means go ahead.

Yes, I feel paint protection is important. I did ceramic coating, and it makes my car wash a walk-in-the-park. Also, do consider using Armorall Wheel Protectant as recommended by a bro here. QQ front wheels brake dust power is Level 99. Armorall is really good, and brings your car wash experience to another walk-in-the-park-plus-eating-ice cream. [:p]

How was your ceramic coating? I read raving reviews from Ceramic Pro, only downside is it's quite costly to do.

How was your ceramic coating? I read raving reviews from Ceramic Pro, only downside is it's quite costly to do.

I did mine in late Feb/early Mar, till today, can see my own reflection, the gloss and shine still there. It claims to last a few years, so still early to say, but while it lasts, I'm only using plain water to wash car.

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. Car COE expires very soon, so really looking at options. Have narrowed down between QQ 1.2, Forester or MZ 3/6, after testing all the cars at the showrooms.

I saw from previous posts that super negotiators here managed to nego for rear/front cameras, rike cool, front sensors (?) ceramic /rust coating, folding mirrors, 3M floor mats, 1 year free insurance, and 1k off list price, and no tie-in of minimum loan period.

Unfortunately the SE at Ubi doesnt seem to be able to match the package above.

Appreciate if you can PM me or post here your SE contact that could match or better the above?

Cheers! [;)]

By the way, I am rather curious about the different figures on acceleration quoted by local/foreign reviews. On some foreign online reviews the acceleration is listed at around 11.2-4s for 0-100km/h for the 1.2 Turbo QQ. However, on local websites, it is listed at 12.8-9 seconds.

The acceleration and torque in practice is definitely OK for city driving, but just curious how come there is a discrepancy and what am I missing here?

Cheers.

Hi guys, does qashqai come with original floor mat? When you collect your ride with free 3m floor mat, do they give you the original too?

I had the same problem, initially only the front cam recorded, later found that the rear cam power cable was not correctly pressed in.

Chk in your DVR app in the HU, if you dont see both the cameras then something wrong with the rear camera.

I just had to press the power connector in a bit firmly and things were fine.

When I checked the DVR app in HU I can see the rear view PIP over the front view. In the normal folder , all the .avi files showed only front recording.

Strange...looks like have to check with LK servicing.

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. Car COE expires very soon, so really looking at options. Have narrowed down between QQ 1.2, Forester or MZ 3/6, after testing all the cars at the showrooms.

I saw from previous posts that super negotiators here managed to nego for rear/front cameras, rike cool, front sensors (?) ceramic /rust coating, folding mirrors, 3M floor mats, 1 year free insurance, and 1k off list price, and no tie-in of minimum loan period.

Unfortunately the SE at Ubi doesnt seem to be able to match the package above.

Appreciate if you can PM me or post here your SE contact that could match or better the above?

Cheers! [;)]

By the way, I am rather curious about the different figures on acceleration quoted by local/foreign reviews. On some foreign online reviews the acceleration is listed at around 11.2-4s for 0-100km/h for the 1.2 Turbo QQ. However, on local websites, it is listed at 12.8-9 seconds.

The acceleration and torque in practice is definitely OK for city driving, but just curious how come there is a discrepancy and what am I missing here?

Cheers.

I think:

The 11.2s is for the manual version.. which has 115BHP 190nm torque.

The 12s+ is for the CVT version.. which has 115BHP 165nm torque.. maybe due to CVT restrictions, torque is lesser.

Actually when the SE completes the sale, I wonder how much they will earn from the car.

Seems like they are getting commissions from quite a number of sources.

Bank loan, second hand car trade in, insurance, sales commissions etc..

If you roughly know much then you would be able to gauge how much you can push for discounts and freebies.

Anyone any idea?

Please lah.. I know their commission also won't reveal to you. This one is people rice bowl leh. Their basic salary is very low one. If the SE already did their best liao, why must you know this info and use it to your advantage? Just negotiate the best deal you can, if unhappy, move on to another SE. That's it.

Don't behave like a typical kiasu Singaporean out to squeeze everyone leh.

Hi guys, does qashqai come with original floor mat? When you collect your ride with free 3m floor mat, do they give you the original too?

Yes.. they give the original fabric floor mat with Qashqai logo.. which for front both only (I think). Plus the 3M floor mats. Now is 3M.. last time is not 3M so I replaced my front 2 with real 3M.

When I checked the DVR app in HU I can see the rear view PIP over the front view. In the normal folder , all the .avi files showed only front recording.

Strange...looks like have to check with LK servicing.

That is strange,since the power cable was not connected to the rear camera, I could not see the Pic on the screen. once connected things were fine.

Urs seems a bit more complicated

Please lah.. I know their commission also won't reveal to you. This one is people rice bowl leh. Their basic salary is very low one. If the SE already did their best liao, why must you know this info and use it to your advantage? Just negotiate the best deal you can, if unhappy, move on to another SE. That's it.

Don't behave like a typical kiasu Singaporean out to squeeze everyone leh.

Well said!! RESPECT!!!

Yes.. they give the original fabric floor mat with Qashqai logo.. which for front both only (I think). Plus the 3M floor mats. Now is 3M.. last time is not 3M so I replaced my front 2 with real 3M.

Thanks bro😊

Just back from service at BT. Noticed one car (Sylphy SDRxx88U, 11.00am) was driven by a mechanic to the service bay at front wheels spinning speed and brake hard. Can see the thick smokes coming out from the front 2 tyres and can smell strong tyre rubber burning smell. Very unprofessional in handling customer's car.

Edited by Hoamchu

should highlight to management because if it happen to Sylphy it can happen to you car too

Just back from service at BT. Noticed one car (Sylphy SDRxx88U, 11.00am) was driven by a mechanic to the service bay at front wheels spinning speed and brake hard. Can see the thick smokes coming out from the front 2 tyres and can smell strong tyre rubber burning smell. Very unprofessional in handling customer's car.

Could be breaking in new tyres ... or could not ... hurhur

Could be breaking in new tyres ... or could not ... hurhur

Also could be a worn out tyre with slight more gas, lost traction already...hehe..

Can U all kindly share with photos of what accesories u have bought and fix to your beloved QQ 2014. And where u bought or fix and sharing of your buying experience will definatly benefit the member here too. Thanks. [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement