Ang Mo insults public transport users

Loki

may be the world could not accept there is "poor" in singapore with so many No. 1 accolades in the world

so minister also commented means jin tai ji liao? not just a bad joke/humuour hor ....

Looks like 'Its just a joke/'insert country' humour, why you so petty' excusee not cutting it with Shanmugan either huh?

Looks like 'Its just a joke/'insert country' humour, why you so petty' excusee not cutting it with Shanmugan either huh?

It's the perfect opportunity to shake off that party-against-people moniker ahead of 2016 so this ministar took it.

Nevertheless, hearing this straight from the horse's mouth also shiok lah.

Just by means of comparison - let's take a look at a few comments from Stomp....an SPH run and endorsed website with moderation (as opposed to a personal blog / facebook meant for friends)

[@Billionaire. For u to be here it means you come from a third world impoverised country where crimes are as high as the poor people. Here one bad behaviour doesn't mean all are the same. Look at the lady who blocked the car park exit. She didn't even get a scratch tho many were angry. But where u come from she would be killed n car burnt. So f u c k off back to your shit hole.

Yep - calling people and all the citizens of other countries poor and drug addicts...

must be a malaysian

Insulting to all Malaysians when something bad happened here

uneducated, no money, average looks, flabby tummy... pwned... go home to your HDB please

so ugly must mean come from HDB? What does that say about HDB dwellers?

Do they think that Singapore is as lawless as their hometown?

Insulting India as being lawless.

as i felt that this black ants should follow our laws here and not to act violently here rmemeber this is not india this is singapore macha.....dek

Calling people "black ants"? Really?

YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE LIKE AN ANIMAL BEING RUN OVER BY CAR!!!! With these kind of blardy attitude, i will not pity these animals. i would rather treat a dog nicely than treating this animal like behaviour people!!!!

ZHONG GUO JIA YOU! this came after several comments of "barbaric" and "peasants" - with clear implication to insult China...

Upshot is - the only difference between the stupid and insulting comments Anton Casey made and the comments seen on stomp is that some were made by locals, and some were made by a white guy.

Why should one be vilified, attacked, receive death threats, but the other be published and "endorsed" by the biggest newspaper publisher in Singapore?

Rather selective don't you think?

I protest I protest!!

You are sowing racial dissent by insulting all Kiwi and Kangaroo unis!!

[drivingcar][furious][;)]

Probably drafted by the paralegal and signed off by the boss.

If not, better check this quack's qualifications... Probably an LLB from some crap Australian or Kiwi university.

He learnt local Singaporean style "I will sue you! I got plenty f**king money! What you want!"

Lately got riot, raise fare and breakdowns separate issue statement

Kwai lo made the statements at the right time right place

use him as public enemy no.1 to divert anger from issues that some people cannot solve loh

So high class still use lawyas from Toa Payoh central

Lawyers in TPY Central, predominantly conveyancing firms la...

Actually he not much choice also, these type of case, potentially with HSBC(banks)/wealth management firms involved and confirm bad press, the big law firms usually stay far away.

Damage to reputation/image may not be worth it.

But the smaller firms nothing to lose, esp if they focus on conveyancing.

Probably drafted by the paralegal and signed off by the boss.

If not, better check this quack's qualifications... Probably an LLB from some crap Australian or Kiwi university.

He learnt local Singaporean style "I will sue you! I got plenty f**king money! What you want!"

Not a joke/singapore humour huh?! [sly]

Anyway, kiwi and australian uni law degree cannot practise here.

Actually not true...they do have to pass the bar, but these are the schools that are recognised by singapore

Recognized Law Schools in Australia
  • Australian National University
  • Flinders University
  • Monash University
  • Murdoch University
  • University of Melbourne
  • University of New South Wales
  • University of Queensland
  • University of Sydney
  • University of Tasmania
  • University of Western Australia
Recognized Law Schools in New Zealand
  • University of Auckland
  • Victoria University of Wellington

I protest I protest!!

You are sowing racial dissent by insulting all Kiwi and Kangaroo unis!!

[drivingcar][furious][;)]

Go back you country protest lah, kaobei here for fark

Can practise after getting the Dip.Sing. from NUS and must have graduated from Aussie/NZ with at least second upper, I think. That's why we see so many substandard lawyers nowadays! ;)

Actually not true...they do have to pass the bar, but these are the schools that are recognised by singapore

• Flinders University
  • Monash University
  • Murdoch University
  • University of Sydney
  • University of Tasmania
  • University of Auckland

Sir, your google and copy paste skills are excellent

I like fark!

Fark is fun....

But being serious for a moment - I AM trying to make a point through humour. At times, comments can be taken to be insulting. Some are insulting. The amount of comments that are insulting to particular countries, races, groups or religions that are made even in one day on public websites are basically countless.

The comments made by this Anton Wanka are fairly mild .....what did he actually say? that there are poor people on the mrt and they stink? So What?

Comparing that to some of what is said on Stomp, or TRE, or any number of other public political / news sites around Singapore and it doesn't even register.

Everybody is getting worked up into a snot of indignation because of his skin colour and because its fun.

IMHO, this sort of comment, I would not even remember 15 minutes later. At worst, if a POM had said that (or something similar) on my facebook page (lets say calling Kiwis inbred sheep shaggers) I would have made a rejoinder about weak arse whinging poms and forgotten about it.

Go back you country protest lah, kaobei here for fark

• Praise 1

• Flinders University
  • Monash University
  • Murdoch University
  • University of Sydney
  • University of Tasmania
  • University of Auckland

Thanks for correction. Good to know.

I like fark!

Fark is fun....

But being serious for a moment - I AM trying to make a point through humour. At times, comments can be taken to be insulting. Some are insulting. The amount of comments that are insulting to particular countries, races, groups or religions that are made even in one day on public websites are basically countless.

The comments made by this Anton Wanka are fairly mild .....what did he actually say? that there are poor people on the mrt and they stink? So What?

Comparing that to some of what is said on Stomp, or TRE, or any number of other public political / news sites around Singapore and it doesn't even register.

Everybody is getting worked up into a snot of indignation because of his skin colour and because its fun.

IMHO, this sort of comment, I would not even remember 15 minutes later. At worst, if a POM had said that (or something similar) on my facebook page (lets say calling Kiwis inbred sheep shaggers) I would have made a rejoinder about weak arse whinging poms and forgotten about it.

That's why sometimes other topic / common interests (as oppose to hatre) like tiko-chats can be a better alternative as long AWARE is not watching.

Actually do you know that, to many Bangladeshi, Indian and PRC workers, Singapore's public transport system is for the rich?!

Yes! Why do you think they ride $20 bicycles everywhere?

MRT and bus is for those who have money to burn!

I like fark!

Fark is fun....

I'm kidding too lah bro... Lol.