Manchester United Thread 2013/2014 Season

Getzsfv

and cavani, and vidal, and pogba and marchioso and fabregas and berardi and mannone and etc....

am i so NOT sure abt anything anymore

Lol I mean if that is the case, news outlets will be reporting on the unrest rather than a "dream" signing. Edited by Osprey23
↡ Advertisement

Not sure if thats a MANU style, sacking of managers so early ...

I guess you can't stop speculation when a team of MANU status starts to crumble. In all honesty, changing manager won't help much, its the players that counts.

But if SAF is to come back from retirement, dats a totally different thing altogether...

I guess you can't stop speculation when a team of MANU status starts to crumble. In all honesty, changing manager won't help much, its the players that counts.

But if SAF is to come back from retirement, dats a totally different thing altogether...

Hearing that he made some promises to his missus. Better don't make him break that promise. :D

Man Utd managers generally get a season to win something.

Hearing that he made some promises to his missus. Better don't make him break that promise. :D

Some promises are meant to be broken for a greater good... hahahahah... kidding

portrait-image-1-fergies-back-paddy-powe

Paddy Power’s Fergie waxwork (Picture: Neil Lloyd / Paddy Power)

Sir Alex Ferguson’s shadow continues to loom large at Old Trafford. The former United boss watched from the stands again as the Premier League champions slumped to yet another loss at Chelsea yesterday.

And Fergie’s beleaguered successor David Moyes has again been reminded of the rather large shoes he is struggling to fill after Paddy Power pulled another one of their cheeky publicity stunts today.

ad_125117668.jpg?w=650&h=431&crop=1#038;

Special delivery for Mr Moyes? Photo: © Neil Lloyd / Paddy Power

The bookmaker has placed a life-size waxwork of Ferguson encased in a box marked ‘In case of emergency, break glass’ outside Old Trafford.

The replica (which looks more like the original Taggart than Fergie to me) is ominously pointing to his watch, a la the now-retired manager’s famous ‘Fergie time’ pose.

MORE: Rooney and Robin Van Persie give Moyes a boost

landscape-image-1-fergies-back-paddy-pow

Will United fans be breaking the glass this season? (Picture: Neil Lloyd / Paddy Power)

Question is: How much time will the Old Trafford hierarchy give Moyes now?

Paddy Power price the former Everton boss at 13/5 to not be in charge for the last game of this season, while Sir Alex is 13/2 to take charge of a United first-team game this season at 13/2.

A PP spokesman said: ‘Jose [Mourinho] hammered the final nail into the coffin that is Man Utd’s season on Sunday night and their seventh loss of the season has brought Sir Alex back to Old Trafford.

‘It’s officially an emergency now for the Red Devils.’

Edited by Carmour

I dun want to speculate on SAF home coming, he has promised his wife Kathy, to spent more quality time, he has written his autobiography book and he has gone on his hip surgery , enjoying his grandfather duties, now back at the box wathing form the top angle, perhaps,

he can see best from his perspective who is good enough from the top, his balls is itch'g and still gunning for glories and more, he can;t wait long to have a jive @Jose for couples of grapes juice, I guess, he's liaising with top players abroad to lure them to OT, the kind of Papa figure to bring the best talent to MANCHESTER UNITED.

I see glory days ahead.

Devils fans in England can do most pranks by delivering the goods ( stress free ), enough said to be such a novelty in Londan.

Nerve is good enough for certain groups of supporters calling for the return of SAF, past players ' HOPE ' for a good performance of current squad, say Gary Neville, Hope is not for the faint hearted and till we have attacking strikers and steady back line plus a host of awesome mid-fielders who can ull the strings . I bet OT will have a paradigm shift of mind-set, Jose is still there, Can Moyes mend the OT fort ?

Only time will tell.

I dun want to speculate on SAF home coming, he has promised his wife Kathy, to spent more quality time, he has written his autobiography book and he has gone on his hip surgery , enjoying his grandfather duties, now back at the box wathing form the top angle, perhaps,

he can see best from his perspective who is good enough from the top, his balls is itch'g and still gunning for glories and more, he can;t wait long to have a jive @Jose for couples of grapes juice, I guess, he's liaising with top players abroad to lure them to OT, the kind of Papa figure to bring the best talent to MANCHESTER UNITED.

I see glory days ahead.

I genuinely cannot agree with you on this... It matters not who comes in and/or who leaves. Its the sudden lack of hunger/fire that personified SAF teams which is eating away at me. The only way we can attract better players is by paying them the cash (its a practical world i know... little kid in me really want to see players v proud to wear our badge)

How many fans here seriously think that our team can beat city, chelsea or arsenal? We have a big squad.. but man to man juz nt good enuf. As other's have pointed out... If they go down fighting. Then a loss is bearable..

previously...watever the timing of man u games, without fail, wakeup watch! now, i really ask myself is there a point to torture myself only to torture it more?

This season is gone. We are becoming like the Liverpool of the past few seasons. Have to wait for the season to finish and hope for the best in the next :D

. . . 20 seasons or more [laugh]

Moyes must learn from Fergie how to do the hairdryer . . . I think he's losing the support of the players with his kind of crappy tactics. No wonder Everton is doing better atm.

I genuinely cannot agree with you on this... It matters not who comes in and/or who leaves. Its the sudden lack of hunger/fire that personified SAF teams which is eating away at me. The only way we can attract better players is by paying them the cash (its a practical world i know... little kid in me really want to see players v proud to wear our badge)

How many fans here seriously think that our team can beat city, chelsea or arsenal? We have a big squad.. but man to man juz nt good enuf. As other's have pointed out... If they go down fighting. Then a loss is bearable..

previously...watever the timing of man u games, without fail, wakeup watch! now, i really ask myself is there a point to torture myself only to torture it more?

Dat is why Ferguson is king... he can push this guys all the way. A Section without a good section commander will become shit too, eventhough everyone is super fit and garang... leadership is important.

Cannot blame Moyes also, at one corner u have players who won numerous honours wearing the shirt, and the other end you have one manager who won shits. How can this manager motivate these players...

If Moyes start fresh, he got a chance, same grp of players very difficult

. . . 20 seasons or more [laugh]

Moyes must learn from Fergie how to do the hairdryer . . . I think he's losing the support of the players with his kind of crappy tactics. No wonder Everton is doing better atm.

Everton is doing better because Moyes is not there. Nothing to do with hairdryer lah.

Just give moyes time to see what he can do in rebuilding the whole team, enough of we won the title with this team last season, we won with others losing it as a matter of fact plus this current team will nv look like a team convincing enough to be even in the semi final of champions league.

our best days with this team is clearly over, and i am talking about the defence, yes the defence which do the job at the back for us where we been in 3 finals out of 4 and the semi in the other. dont blame them, age just caught up with them, moyes dont really have a easy task in replacing them to say the least. i have said enough about the midfield previously, really start to pity moyes...

from soccernet

'Mourinho may be a lot of things -- a preening poseur, a nabob of negativity, a bombastic boor -- but he's not stupid. He took one look at the squad that Sir Alex Ferguson would be bequeathing to his successor and saw it for what it was -- a team with no engine room and too many passengers in the quiet car. That it had overperformed for Ferguson in his valedictory season to win the Great Scot one last title will go down in English soccer history as a fantastic accomplishment, but Mourinho knew it couldn't be replicated. '

Let's not fight 0ver my comments, its constructive criticism for Devils a wake-up call, I mean no disrespect to any1, espec Moyes, he inherited a squad built by SAF, yet he has to pick up the pieces, let alone rebuilt the entire team, While other club wait to pounce on Devils left-'ver buffet table, it is a mammoth task to find replacement killer who really wanted to come to OT & perform, some takes more time to set-in and gel, while other blows hot and cold.

You dun have to agree with me, as I'm not asking you too, I have my own opinion and I respect yours, older devils may have performed to expectation under SAF, Moyes is another cattle of fish, I see him in another light, can Moyes Takes on JoseM , ArseneW, MPelligrini or BrendanR ? Nobody cares, what is important is the little team can beat any top 7/8 team.

What M needs to do is to talk to Rooney & RVP what in the ' Soup of d Day ? ' and main course for a particular customer and especially a happy-trigger men in blues and sky blue, SAF likes to knock them off their f83king perch too.

Just give moyes time to see what he can do in rebuilding the whole team, enough of we won the title with this team last season, we won with others losing it as a matter of fact plus this current team will nv look like a team convincing enough to be even in the semi final of champions league.

our best days with this team is clearly over, and i am talking about the defence, yes the defence which do the job at the back for us where we been in 3 finals out of 4 and the semi in the other. dont blame them, age just caught up with them, moyes dont really have a easy task in replacing them to say the least. i have said enough about the midfield previously, really start to pity moyes...

Ah Cow, you're absolutely correct, at time SAF maybe wrong to quote rooney as a cow looking far away, he may pr maybe see in black and white, now its back to haunt him seating in d stand.

Moyes has to be careful dealing with manager who play mind games far too often, I reckon Moyes has not exposed Jose yet, he has a deeper sense of remorse than we can expect, a wicked tongue than Keano and a crooked kick in the butt by Dwight Yorke can set Jose jumping up like a stirrup in d air, he is a real whisker.

Devils need to concentrate on Capital One Cup, we cant let slip of this cup and we can pull down curtain,

all players are responsible for one another, feeling sorry for losing is not good enough, we got to start winning and start battling, what the points of blaming Moyes if the players dont take chances and score goals, i mean crucial goals that matter. THe boys has to re-programming themselves that thy can do it, win at all cost, nothing less !

Winning note starts with Capital One Cup, I'm sure Devils can do it, they will strike back harder, look out old boys, WestBrown & O'Shea & KieronRichardson of Sunderland

Devils need to concentrate on Capital One Cup, we cant let slip of this cup and we can pull down curtain,

all players are responsible for one another, feeling sorry for losing is not good enough, we got to start winning and start battling, what the points of blaming Moyes if the players dont take chances and score goals, i mean crucial goals that matter. THe boys has to re-programming themselves that thy can do it, win at all cost, nothing less !

Winning note starts with Capital One Cup, I'm sure Devils can do it, they will strike back harder, look out old boys, WestBrown & O'Shea & KieronRichardson of Sunderland

Not having high hopes of this too. Guess who is the likely opponent in the final?

↡ Advertisement