Singaporean models attacked by man on Circular Road

Mahjong74

Three Singaporean models were in the wee hours of Thursday morning physically assaulted by a man at the junction between Circular Road and South Bridge Road.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/singapore-models-assaulted-by-man-on-circular-road-135107720.html

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/video/singaporean-models-attacked-man-circular-130439390.html

After a night of clubbing, Singaporean models Ziyi Kuek, Esther Lee and Anna Huang were in a car headed for supper at a coffee shop on Circular Road at about 3 in the morning of 12 December.

They were about 100m from their destination, B K Eating House, when a man who appeared to be drunk blocked their path.

"I horned him, but he got really agitated by the sound of the horn, and started knocking on the window and kicking at the side of the car," said Kuek, 23, who was driving Huang's car as she was the only one who did not drink that night.

Deciding to pay no mind to his rash behaviour, Kuek continued driving forward, but he followed their car and persistently kicked it until its front bumper dislodged.

"He then opened the door (on the front passenger's side), and started acting very aggressively toward her (Huang), but before he could do anything I got out on my side, so he came to me... and because of that we got into a fight," she told Yahoo Singapore on Friday morning.

Asked if no one responded to the incident or moved forward to help them as the man was hitting Kuek, Huang said everyone at the coffee shop and pubs on the other side of the road were watching the action unfold, but none came forward to help them

post-5639-0-08562500-1386961148.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Will you guys help if you all see this kind of incident???

To be honest, I will help to stop the fight 1 year ago.

But now, I think I will just call the Police and sit 1 side to see show after what I read the below news:

The correct thing to do was to wait for police to arrive.

http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Crime/Story/A1Story20120621-354466.html

Man who punched and fractured gangster's jaw escapes jail
20120621.171305_ongnuria.jpg

SINGAPORE - A Singaporean businessman was fined $3,000 on Thursday for punching and fracturing a gangster's jaw.

The Straits Times reported that he was spared a jail sentence as the judge said it was an exceptional case.

Ong Long Hock, 64, had pleaded guilty to causing hurt to Lee Tze Wei, 32, a sales executive.

The incident occurred on Feb 17, 2009 at about 7pm. Ong and his family had drove down to the Punggol Nasi Lemak stall near Tanjong Katong Road.

Ong's daughter-in-law, Delia Chiang Chia Yen, 31, was on the way to queue for food when she was pestered by Lee and his friend.

Claiming to be gangsters, the duo swore at her and her husband. The two men started punching and kicking Ong's son before family members could call the police. A third man also joined in the assault.

Ong tried to break up the fight and was also hit. When the three assailants tried to flee, Ong and his son managed to grab Lee and pin him to the ground. That was when Ong punched him.

"Assaulting him at this point was clearly excessive," said District Judge Toh Yung Cheong, who added that the correct thing to do was to wait for the police to arrive.

But Ong's lawyer, Mr A. P. Thirumurthy, said his client was a victim, reported The New Paper.

Ong told the Shin Min Daily News on Thursday that he had lost five teeth in the fight, and spent $20,000 on dental treatment.

He said he joined in the fight after seeing his son's bloodied face and daughter-in-law's shouts for help. His son and daughter-in-law reportedly lost a tooth each.

The owner of a printing business is married with five children ranging from 37 to 42 years of age.

He says he wished to put the matter behind them and move on.

Lee has also been charged with causing grievous hurt. His case has yet to be heard.

• Praise 7

horning + trying to move fwd w man in front are the triggers.

a friendly wave or getting out and enquire 'can I help' may turn out differently.

• Praise 1

Three Singaporean models were in the wee hours of Thursday morning physically assaulted by a man at the junction between Circular Road and South Bridge Road.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/singapore-models-assaulted-by-man-on-circular-road-135107720.html

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/video/singaporean-models-attacked-man-circular-130439390.html

After a night of clubbing, Singaporean models Ziyi Kuek, Esther Lee and Anna Huang were in a car headed for supper at a coffee shop on Circular Road at about 3 in the morning of 12 December.

They were about 100m from their destination, B K Eating House, when a man who appeared to be drunk blocked their path.

"I horned him, but he got really agitated by the sound of the horn, and started knocking on the window and kicking at the side of the car," said Kuek, 23, who was driving Huang's car as she was the only one who did not drink that night.

Deciding to pay no mind to his rash behaviour, Kuek continued driving forward, but he followed their car and persistently kicked it until its front bumper dislodged.

"He then opened the door (on the front passenger's side), and started acting very aggressively toward her (Huang), but before he could do anything I got out on my side, so he came to me... and because of that we got into a fight," she told Yahoo Singapore on Friday morning.

Asked if no one responded to the incident or moved forward to help them as the man was hitting Kuek, Huang said everyone at the coffee shop and pubs on the other side of the road were watching the action unfold, but none came forward to help them

NS will help them protect themselves.. [grin].. or run faster... [:p]

who say 2.4 km run not useful? :D

Drinking related fights again? Time to ban sales of alcohol at night.

This model has very ugly toes.

must be deformed by wearing high heels from a young age..

anyway, I thought someone would have mentioned by now how come this standard also can be model?

horning + trying to move fwd w man in front are the triggers.

a friendly wave or getting out and enquire 'can I help' may turn out differently.

I think the girls are frighten of strangers and being models, they will behave less socially than a common woman.

anyway no saying if its a little toot of the horn or if it was a loud blast.

the man may be already too drunk and agitated.. so anything can irk him

• Praise 2

NS will help them protect themselves.. [grin].. or run faster... [:p]

who say 2.4 km run not useful? :D

must be deformed by wearing high heels from a young age..

anyway, I thought someone would have mentioned by now how come this standard also can be model?

she was in a car no need to run, maybe can just run over the man :D

she wasn't taught to lock her car all the time, anyone can open the door any time.

• Praise 4

I think the girls are frighten of strangers and being models, they will behave less socially than a common woman.

anyway no saying if its a little toot of the horn or if it was a loud blast.

the man may be already too drunk and agitated.. so anything can irk him

aiyoh, are u writing obliquely......in the context of models (fashion models not role models). LOL

she wasn't taught to lock her car all the time, anyone can open the door any time.

actually the road so wide.. how come don't want to overtake the man... that may have been the reason the man got irked..

it feels like they tailgate the man... [drivingcar][grin]

aiyoh, are u writing obliquely......in the context of models (fashion models not role models). LOL

not nice to be direct lah.. ok I direct for you.

they are socially inapt and can easily avoid the confrontation if they didn't tailgate the man and horn him.

just stay away from the man in the first place. [grin]

maybe not locking door is a force of habit.. becos she waiting for men to open doors for her... [lipsrsealed]

most impt her face still there. she needs that to earn eat.

there's no good publicity like bad publicity. now the whole Singapore know they are models.

attention seekers. sigh.

actually the road so wide.. how come don't want to overtake the man... that may have been the reason the man got irked..

they are socially inapt and can easily avoid the confrontation if they didn't tailgate the man and horn him.

maybe not locking door is a force of habit.. becos she waiting for men to open doors for her... [lipsrsealed]

there's no good publicity like bad publicity. now the whole Singapore know they are models.

attention seekers. sigh.

Now we also know her toes very ugly. Hahaha!

• Praise 1

Drinking related fights again? Time to ban sales of alcohol at night.

This model has very ugly toes.

this model's toes looks not so abused....

post-114176-0-79751500-1386985922.png

actually we were not there at the scene or in the court to understand what happened..

imo, if the gangster was already pinned down, he go there and lup a leg or two to break his jaw, it's not right..looks like a revenge attack at that point

on the other hand, during the scuffle to stop the fight, he broke the gangster's jaw or his leg, it may be another story..

for me, i'll still help if possible :-)

But now, I think I will just call the Police and sit 1 side to see show after what I read the below news:

http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Crime/Story/A1Story20120621-354466.html

SINGAPORE - A Singaporean businessman was fined $3,000 on Thursday for punching and fracturing a gangster's jaw.

The Straits Times reported that he was spared a jail sentence as the judge said it was an exceptional case.

Ong Long Hock, 64, had pleaded guilty to causing hurt to Lee Tze Wei, 32, a sales executive.

The incident occurred on Feb 17, 2009 at about 7pm. Ong and his family had drove down to the Punggol Nasi Lemak stall near Tanjong Katong Road.

Ong's daughter-in-law, Delia Chiang Chia Yen, 31, was on the way to queue for food when she was pestered by Lee and his friend.

Claiming to be gangsters, the duo swore at her and her husband. The two men started punching and kicking Ong's son before family members could call the police. A third man also joined in the assault.

Ong tried to break up the fight and was also hit. When the three assailants tried to flee, Ong and his son managed to grab Lee and pin him to the ground. That was when Ong punched him.

"Assaulting him at this point was clearly excessive," said District Judge Toh Yung Cheong, who added that the correct thing to do was to wait for the police to arrive.

But Ong's lawyer, Mr A. P. Thirumurthy, said his client was a victim, reported The New Paper.

Ong told the Shin Min Daily News on Thursday that he had lost five teeth in the fight, and spent $20,000 on dental treatment.

He said he joined in the fight after seeing his son's bloodied face and daughter-in-law's shouts for help. His son and daughter-in-law reportedly lost a tooth each.

The owner of a printing business is married with five children ranging from 37 to 42 years of age.

Lee has also been charged with causing grievous hurt. His case has yet to be heard.

Edited by Solar

strange? why the report title seem to emphasize SINGAPOREAN attacked? ah.

to let people know don't jump to concusion it is South Asian model? LOL

• Praise 1

attention seekers. sigh.

Damn well said !!!!!!!

• Praise 1

Wtf happen to the legal system here?...

• Praise 1

strange? why the report title seem to emphasize SINGAPOREAN attacked? ah.

to let people know don't jump to concusion it is South Asian model? LOL

It ha a been this way for quite some times, that's why when a crime report stated 'a man caught.', it must likely a foreigner.... Read between the lines...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4