First timer, just got keys to hdb apt

Kurty

Lol, then how come HDB still send the invitation letter out since chance not so high?

Some people might decide to give up their chance because when their turn comes up, they find the units available don't meet their requirements/preferences.

↡ Advertisement

Never know that hdb also will give false hope to people who applied for bto. Meaning even you got an invitation letter from hdb doesnt mean you will be 100% will have units available for you to select on the apointment date, it depends on your luck?!

Twincharged

Never know that hdb also will give false hope to people who applied for bto. Meaning even you got an invitation letter from hdb doesnt mean you will be 100% will have units available for you to select on the apointment date, it depends on your luck?!

Actually you see your queue number you roughly know your chances of getting a unit already.

if number of flats available is 1000 units, your Q number is 800 then sure can get a unit but depends on availability. If your Q number is 1100, you can check online that day to see if you got chance anot as some people will drop the application if they are not able to get the particular unit they want, or they just regret applying for this project or some other reasons.

Supercharged

status update:

11162528665_c2b709ee1f.jpg

Previously there was a wall there .... then you hack out, and now build another wall again ???

What is this boxed up wall? Lol. Looks like a total wastage of space.

Looking at the pics. The wall should be a L-shaped feature leading to the kitchen (?). Not really a waste of space. I could be wrong though.

Supercharged

Previously there was a wall there .... then you hack out, and now build another wall again ???

yeah, the wall there was for a good purpose.. we hack it in order to free more space in the foyer and allowing a dining table..

in case you don't know.. if the wall didn't move, you be having meals with your dining table leaning to the wall..

i saw all my neighbors having this problem due to space constraint..

plus i need another wall for the altar and fengshui leh?

i have to move this particular wall

Turbocharged

hve fun with reno. moving in is a bitch ... [:|]

I find moving quite fun leh, throw pineapple huat ah! Unpacking is a bitch though... Edited by Pocus

Supercharged

hve fun with reno. moving in is a bitch ... [:|]

I find moving quite fun leh, throw pineapple huat ah! Unpacking is a bitch though...

yeah, foresee that..

most of the stuffs like furniture are new

only belongings.. that need to unstuff.. but again, getting fat.. so outgrow them..

middle life crisis

yeah, the wall there was for a good purpose.. we hack it in order to free more space in the foyer and allowing a dining table..

in case you don't know.. if the wall didn't move, you be having meals with your dining table leaning to the wall..

i saw all my neighbors having this problem due to space constraint..

plus i need another wall for the altar and fengshui leh?

i have to move this particular wall

You mean you hack the original wall and rebuilt another one at the same place?

Moving in is alright, especially if it's planned well.

The bitch part is cleaning the house after reno, prior to moving in. Dust and cement powder everywhere, no matter how many times you wash the place you can still feel it. And this is after the contractors do their washing/cleaning. Wash and wash and wash and then when you're moving in you still find sandy/dusty bits here and there.

URRRGHGHGHHHHHH

Supercharged

You mean you hack the original wall and rebuilt another one at the same place?

From the pic, it seems he is doing that......cos its the same place. [laugh]

The bitch part is cleaning the house after reno, prior to moving in. Dust and cement powder everywhere, no matter how many times you wash the place you can still feel it. And this is after the contractors do their washing/cleaning. Wash and wash and wash and then when you're moving in you still find sandy/dusty bits here and there.

Could be your neighbours, or someone in the same block is renovating and so dust fly into your house.....

Supercharged

yeah, same place but 60cm inwards the kitchen..

i got to build another wall in front of the door lah..

if number of flats available is 1000 units, your Q number is 800 then sure can get a unit but depends on availability. If your Q number is 1100, you can check online that day to see if you got chance anot as some people will drop the application if they are not able to get the particular unit they want, or they just regret applying for this project or some other reasons.

Seems like if like what you have said, if queue number exceeded 100 or more, dont think there is any chance liao. Since dont think there will be 100 people infront give up selecting the flat. Unless flats available is 1000 units and my queue number is 1030, then still have some chance.

Supercharged

Seems like if like what you have said, if queue number exceeded 100 or more, dont think there is any chance liao. Since dont think there will be 100 people infront give up selecting the flat. Unless flats available is 1000 units and my queue number is 1030, then still have some chance.

May still have chance one....its very hard to say.

As what Stratovarious as mentioned, check HDB online 1-2 days before your selection date, and see how. Don't give up so easily yet.

URRRGHGHGHHHHHH

i washed the whole saturday. this was after my parents came over to help clean twice.

shack out....

↡ Advertisement